• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Don't take DXM with Phenibut...it was TERRIBLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

oar9fi

Bluelighter
So yesterday was my birthday & I took a largish dose of phenibut (~7gr.) I've been taking it most days for a few months at a lower level for anxiety (~3gr) & 7gr occasionally for a good mood buzz. At that dose I get very happy & energetic (hypomanic even) and I just laugh about everything and I also take piracetam which seems to negate the myoclonus phenibut gives. I took the phenibut at around 2pm and went out for a bit.
I went to my ex-girlfriend's house and I saw a 3 packs of robo-gels sticking out of her purse. We've been friends for almost 12 years & I always used to find empty bottles of robo-max that she said were old but I'm not that dumb. We used to do it together in high school but I very rarely touch the stuff. Maybe once a year if that even. Well this time she admitted to getting 3 of them & there were 2 left & I decided to do one.
We sat down & watched some "Adventure Time" I recorded for her & as I started to feel the DXM I noticed I had jerks every time I would try to move. These got worse & worse until I was was stuck on the couch unable to walk or speak more than 1 sylable. She tried to comfort me by saying it will go away which prompted the thought of "what if it doesn't?" My vision kept going black for a few seconds then snapping back like turning a monitor on and off repeatedly. My skin was warm & I felt cold so I curled up & tried to stay still. I eventually fell asleep & woke a few hours later able to sort of walk but my legs would bend in a twitch making it hard (I made it to the toilet & sat coz I didn't want to have a jerk in the bathroom haha.) 12 hours after dosing (on the DXM)I woke up & I felt better but still a little dizzy & minor twitches. A few hours later I was fine.
I don't recommend anyone try this combo. I'm pretty sure what I experienced was serotonin toxicity/syndrome even though phenibut has no (documented) interactions with serotonin receptors. I'm glad its over & I'll never touch DXM again.

I'm sorry you had such a bad time, but I am glad you made it thru alright. But, other drugs is not the place for trip reports, and your thread does not ask any sort of question and isn't in line with the OD guidelines. If you would like to write up a more comprehensive trip report, following the regulations of the trip reports forum, feel free to do so over there.

But since this isn't really OD material, I am going to close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.