• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Artery?

mylegitches

Greenlighter
I have been shooting into a vein I've had to inject straight down into near the crook in my arm (both arms actually). A few times I have felt a tingly sensation but most times there is no pain but then I get a huge histamine reaction in the right & not the left. My right arm is semi-swollen now. Also my face has gotten hot when injecting into the right. Any ideas?

Are you getting a lump there or anything.. missing part of your shot> Do you use the same area all the time and not rotate sites? It sounds like your have a leaky vein. Are you removing your tourniquet before injecting? This will prevent buildup and leakage..but if you keep injecting into the same site it will not close up properly and you'll get someleakage causing a histamine reaction.

I get if after ive been on a real long binge and my rotation goes from a lot of different sites to only a few after some of them die

But if your arm is swollen you are missing or a LOT is leaking out. or you are irritating th area really ba di,e, missing

If you are not using a new pin every hsot, and you keep using the same site, you are def fuckign the vein up and its leakage

No, I rotate my sites. I was just wondering about that site in particular. Yes on both arms near the site the spot has swollen & seems like a lump but it goes away after a few weeks. & yes I do have leaky veins, sometimes when go in that spot I will feel the dope down by my wrist. What I am trying to figure out is if it is a vein or not.

You could of shot extra-vascular. You could of also injured the vein or a venous valve. (not good) If it persists, seek some attention for it.
Does not sound like arterial shot. There are a few arterys in that area but it really does not sound like an arterial hit... could be though, but they frequently bleed or
bruise up quite distinctly.

New rig each time? Sterile? Sterilize skin first? heat dope properly to hopefully kill off bacteria in it?

No, I rotate my sites. I was just wondering about that site in particular. Yes on both arms near the site the spot has swollen & seems like a lump but it goes away after a few weeks. & yes I do have leaky veins, sometimes when go in that spot I will feel the dope down by my wrist. What I am trying to figure out is if it is a vein or not.

My personal opinion is you are missing some of your shot (if not all). The end.