• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Little warning - 6-APB (Benzo Fury) and alcohol

Akerman

Bluelighter
During my third ever (and third in a week, if inadvisable) experience with (supposed) 6-APB it has occurred to me that it seems important for the purposes of harm reduction to mention, on this forum, it's interaction with alcohol. I have found the two to be a WONDERFUL combination, but I am quite a heavy drinker - if it's there, I knock it back - and if you are like me, there are three to look out for:
1) You don't taste alcohol on this. You just don't. Beer tastes like fizzy flavored water; wine tastes like beautifully sweet nectar; in a glass of vodka and OJ you just can't taste the vodka.
2) Alcohol doesn't feel toxic on this. All three times, myself and my partner have been drinking alcohol, and it's not that we don't feel drunk (if such would even be distinguishable on a drug of this potency), it's that none of the negative effects creep up - no headache, no nausea, no loss of mental or physical control, no slurred speech, no dizziness, comparatively little blurry vision
3) This drug makes alcohol very moreish, and it makes the person who has taken 6-APB bloody thirsty.

It may be (in part) because I'm high, but it does seem very important to me that this information is out there because all of this could lead to some serious over-indulgence in alcohol on this substance. Be aware if you're on it, or if you know anyone that is, that just because the alcohol doesn't FEEL in ANY way toxic whilst under the influence of 6-APB (by which I mean it lacks the 'dirty high' with which many will be familiar) that doesn't mean it isn't. If you've got a shedload of wine or vodka or beer etc sat around when you're taking this stuff, PLEASE count your drinks carefully and PRIOR to consumption of either 6-APB or alcohol. Do not go by the usual 'I don't FEEL drunk' measures, because it really makes sod-all difference on this stuff. Furthermore, it's not a substance to pub-crawl on (not that I'd recommend doing that, even with just the booze never mind on anything else heh) - it does mess with your memory slightly, and even if you think you're doing okay with counting drinks, YOU WILL NOT FEEL THE ALCOHOL. That does not mean that your body will not in some way.

So, apologies if this post is a little out-of-the-norm, but it seemed to be in keeping with the harm-reduction purposes of Bluelight overall.

:)

P.S. I know that this forum isn't a fan of adding the label 'Benzo Fury' to posts on 6-APB just because there are several vendors selling 'Benzo Fury' which may or may not be or contain 6-APB, but I have included it in the title simply so that people who have gotten supposed 6-APB as 'Benzo Fury' can find this thread relatively easily when searching.

sounds similar to how a lot of people don't feel the effects of alcohol on speed/meth until the stimulant starts to wear off. something to steer as clear away from as much as possible. a few (meaning 2-3 most)drinks would be the better choice and if you're still thirsty then change your drink up to water or something else non-alcoholic.

personally i feel getting drunk on alcohol inhibits and "poisons" the effects of most the drugs i've combined it with.