PDA

View Full Version : The Big & Dandy Methoxyketamine Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

foolsgold
14-07-2012, 20:33
I don't think MK2 is a stupid name, it's just an abbreviation. It's what we are going to call it too, or do you want to write 2-methoxy-descloro-ketamine everytime?

why not just say 2-meo-ket ? seems a little less kiddy catching a title than mk2 which im sorry is the whole reason why they have used it

scotty5591
14-07-2012, 21:42
why not just say 2-meo-ket ? seems a little less kiddy catching a title than mk2 which im sorry is the whole reason why they have used it

2-MK sounds much better than Mk2 and shorter than 2 Meo Ket, ofcourse the slang names will always be preferred in certain crowds though.

My point is a name that is a little more under the radar should be used

Na'vi
14-07-2012, 21:42

Anything with ket in the name is gonna have the masses crawling all over it, it would bring a whole heap of unwanted attention to the RC scene yet again. MK2 or 2-MK is just some letters that some may not even look twice at, and with any luck it will be around for a bit longer.

coelophysis
14-07-2012, 21:55
2-MK sounds much better than Mk2 and shorter than 2 Meo Ket, ofcourse the slang names will always be preferred in certain crowds though.

My point is a name that is a little more under the radar should be used

So maybe after Dino Ket we'll see some MK2 with Mortal Kombat 2 characters stamped on the bag.

foolsgold
15-07-2012, 00:11
what i was meaning teens are going to latch on to it so damn quick swapping it from 2mk to mk2 as in you got any mac 2 that's all .
we all know who came up with the name and im just a bit surprised that they went with such a blatant advertising tag . any way iv seen a few places now saying it will be on the mass market by august at which point i will have to be dabbling in it my self

Br1tannia
15-07-2012, 10:30
I think this may have been mentioned in this thread but I can't be arsed to look through 9 pages......some vendors are selling a new substance called KMEX, is this a slang name for 2-meo-ketamine? or just some random bunk shit they are making money off by fooling people that they already have 2-mk in stock?

cannibalsnail
15-07-2012, 12:15
Its probably 4-MEO-PCP. Or their old MXE stocks if they are really ballsy motherfuckers.

justinsayno
15-07-2012, 12:33
I think this may have been mentioned in this thread but I can't be arsed to look through 9 pages......some vendors are selling a new substance called KMEX, is this a slang name for 2-meo-ketamine? or just some random bunk shit they are making money off by fooling people that they already have 2-mk in stock?

google it!
its fish scented and leaves ppl feeling poisoned for days....
enjoy!

knowing at least one of the sites selling that crap is a well known rip off merchant would you expect anything less ?

phatass
16-07-2012, 22:53

FractallyChallengd
19-07-2012, 02:51
I think given the close resemblance of the compound to ketamine it's fairly safe too assume it will be possible to hole on this stuff. The chemical structure of mxe is significantly altered and you would expect it to provide a unique experience, I agree at high doses the confusion begins to get really irritating.

I really hope 2-mk or Tyranno-Ket or whatever is close enough in structure that it keeps that warmth and sense of mental clarity like k. That's what I'm really looking for.

On another note, and I apologise if this counts as vendor talk but there were a couple of places who have claimed to have limited stock of this stuff and sold out really quick, I was tempted but prices were steep and the vendors were shifty, but just wondering has any of it found its way to bluelights' guinea pigs?

az5000
23-07-2012, 15:26
Every f*#!%"g day i'm looking for some trip reports on the given-out samples, but there's really nothing. Man, i really hate those people! Grabbing stuff away in front of others noses and aren't even capable of doin' some serious research and report properly. Mehhh :X

I did receive a sample of what I am fairly sure was 2-MeO-Ketamine (Labelled 2MK from one of the more trustworthy vendors). I had a 150mg from a small test batch sent out to a small number of users. I started off with a small test dose (1mg) to test for allergies and then titrated upwards. First 20mg with no effect, then 40mg also with no effect and then the final 90mg with some very slight dissociative most comparable to to a very low dose of MXE (like 10-15mg). All doses were insufflated, however I didn't feel any effects that couldn't be put down to a placebo. Sorry to disappoint, but I don't know if this was a bunk batch, bad administration technique or just a simple matter of the dosage not being high enough.

THCified
23-07-2012, 20:14
Praise the Lord, a Trip Report! Thanks SO MUCH!

Perhaps it's because you've not taken 150mg @ once - but it's surely safer to do so. I'd done the same! After what i've read it seems, that this compound won't be that interesting after the MXE-Hype?!? MXE is just so hellish potent! Made a lil' break till yesterday and i'm still impressed what roughly ~15mgs sublingual did for me.

For now it's lay-off time until there's some 2-MeO-Ket to test out. But i'm defo waiting what others say, otherwise i'll stick to MXE.

az5000
23-07-2012, 21:50
Praise the Lord, a Trip Report! Thanks SO MUCH!

Perhaps it's because you've not taken 150mg @ once - but it's surely safer to do so. I'd done the same! After what i've read it seems, that this compound won't be that interesting after the MXE-Hype?!? MXE is just so hellish potent! Made a lil' break till yesterday and i'm still impressed what roughly ~15mgs sublingual did for me.

For now it's lay-off time until there's some 2-MeO-Ket to test out. But i'm defo waiting what others say, otherwise i'll stick to MXE.

I think that's probably why, but I preferred to err on the side of caution with a new and untested compound. I'm confident that this will be one to try once the commercial batches are available and i'll definitely be trying larger amounts.

adrandell116
30-07-2012, 00:54
Not that important as its substantially weaker than MXE..

Is this pure speculation from the initial test batch or solid fact? A lot of test batches of previous chemicals have been rather weak in comparison to how they are after a few batches have been made and the process refined.

From what I have read it is apparently the same strength as Ketamine (which is active at a higher dose than Methoxetamine yeah), but given that it should have more similarities to the real deal. A higher dose with a possible K-hole would be preferable over a completely new dissociative that bares more resemblance to MXE in my opinion, that is assuming it is at all similar to K anyways.

missimoo
30-07-2012, 13:16
...I was going to say this is the most hyped RC ever...but its not quite as bad a 6-apb...which had people blatantly "on the payroll" posting trip reports along the lines of "omg its the BEST thing since sex/MDMA/Fire/etc" for 6months...including the odd senior Moderator!...not to name names but they shut up and vanished after its release..

Survived Abortion
30-07-2012, 16:07
^Yeah but 6-APB turned out to be good. I haven't seen anyone shilling this compound yet other than those who are affiliated with those selling it under a brand name. It doesn't really need an advertisement, because everyone knows it will be similar to ketamine.

missimoo
31-07-2012, 13:52
I hope so. ....I really do I am very excited about it ...If it is similar to ketamine it will be great, it would be nicer if it were more potent if your going to tweak a chemical, it would be nice to make it more potent..i guess having the same strength or slightly less then K ..it wont be "bladder friendly" and less cost effective then say, MXE, although probably a nicer trip....

adrandell116
03-08-2012, 03:03
Is k-mex supposed to be the same as 2-MEO-Ketamine? I've noticed a few places selling it, but seeing as 2-MEO-K isn't even on sale yet. It seems a little suspect. Probably end up being Tiletamine, DXM or some crap similar at best!

Br1tannia
03-08-2012, 12:49
Is k-mex supposed to be the same as 2-MEO-Ketamine? I've noticed a few places selling it, but seeing as 2-MEO-K isn't even on sale yet. It seems a little suspect. Probably end up being Tiletamine, DXM or some crap similar at best!

I posted the same question further up the page. It'll be vendors taking advantage of the hype and labelling shitty RC's no one likes to get sale probably

justinsayno
03-08-2012, 13:21
^ think i may have alread said this, but.....
KMEX trip reports are online if you know where to look...
fishy poison seems to be the recurring theme

and....

where is the 2meo ??
takes the piss!

Amt tma
07-08-2012, 19:49
No vendor talk.

~Never

Thorns Have Roses
09-08-2012, 09:12
Guys, can we try not to just make posts speculating when this will be released? We don't hype shit here, and this thread has been playing loose with that rule/guideline for quite a while. I know how excited folks are for this, but the reports will come in their proper season.

adrandell116
10-08-2012, 15:46
No vendor talk.

~Never

There is no violation in asking about a chemical that is being sold! The rule states not sourcing, not no asking about drugs. This is the whole point of the forum!

coelophysis
11-08-2012, 05:34
There is no violation in asking about a chemical that is being sold! The rule states not sourcing, not no asking about drugs. This is the whole point of the forum!

If the vendor of the chemical is mentioned, how would that not be the exact definition of "sourcing."

Thorns Have Roses
11-08-2012, 06:55

I was grabbing a whole bunch of things at once, your question was legit, I will reapprove it, sorry. The edited one that you quoted however is another matter.

Oh, and avoid purchasing from people who don't tell what drugs they're selling, and just give you some brand name or something marketable to try to cash in the market for another drug. These practices are very anti-HR.

adrandell116
11-08-2012, 16:10
If the vendor of the chemical is mentioned, how would that not be the exact definition of "sourcing."

Yeah my bad, I thought it was a post from AMT tma and not an edit by a mod! I thought it was a greenlighter pointing out a violation that hadn't taken place! Woops :/

7zark7
13-08-2012, 12:00
While I understand the point about vendors coming up with daft names for new compounds, I think it's more of a plan to differentiate themselves from other sellers rather than an evil money-making marketing ploy.

…and besides, people have been using the 'brand' name Ecstasy to mean MDMA for yeeeeears without much complaint! :)

levir
13-08-2012, 14:13
…and besides, people have been using the 'brand' name Ecstasy to mean MDMA for yeeeeears without much complaint! :)
Well... Shulgin complained... ;)

Ethnobotanical
13-08-2012, 21:54
While I understand the point about vendors coming up with daft names for new compounds, I think it's more of a plan to differentiate themselves from other sellers rather than an evil money-making marketing ploy.

I agree with 7zark7 about branding. There are some vendors which use these names without telling people whats inside the "proprietary blend", but from what i have seen from the branded vendor of 2-meo-ket is that it is so customers simply remember the name and also so that people trust that particular brand as being pure 2-meo-ket, in this regard i think it's okay, still a stupid name in my opinion though!

I read the information on the vendors site and it explains why they branded the chemical.

Survived Abortion
13-08-2012, 22:14
^The vendors who brand-name their chemicals are typically the ones who are known for heavily cutting their products or just plain misrepresenting them as something else entirely. I will never buy from a vendor who uses such brand-names and flashy graphics to try and sell their products.

Brand-names dumb us down, and they are for people who can't be bothered to do their research to find out about a particular compound or class of compounds. If you're a vendor who thinks they need to draw pictures of dinosaurs and give your product a gimmicky name in order to sell it, then you're probably not very serious about the chemistry and pharmacology of such compounds.

Ethnobotanical
13-08-2012, 22:22
^The vendors who brand-name their chemicals are typically the ones who are known for heavily cutting their products or just plain misrepresenting them as something else entirely. I will never buy from a vendor who uses such brand-names and flashy graphics to try and sell their products.

Brand-names dumb us down, and they are for people who can't be bothered to do their research to find out about a particular compound or class of compounds. If you're a vendor who thinks they need to draw pictures of dinosaurs and give your product a gimmicky name in order to sell it, then you're probably not very serious about the chemistry and pharmacology of such compounds.

I agree to a certain extent that branding is not for the scientifically minded when it comes to research chemicals, but the truth about RC's is that most (80%) customers dont care about the in-depth pharmacology but rather a cheap substitute to their illegal drug of choice! This also is apparent when looking at the RC in headshops, as headshops often sell more of the branded ones because people know what the chemical does i.e ethylphenidate means nothing to your average Joe, but RUSH or CHARGE or whatever, is quite clear. Although, by this argument there is no need to brand 2-MeO-Ketamine because the drug is in the chemical name!

I will never buy from a brand with unknown chems inside, but i will try out a brand to see what happens. Especially since our extinction brand knew about this chemical very very early judging by their website stats i pulled up.

only time will tell!

Survived Abortion
14-08-2012, 00:31
I've got nothing personally against the people behind any particular vendors (other than scammers and those known to have sold blatantly bunk products), and I'm not trying to ruin anyone's business, but I will always avoid those who use such marketing ploys to sell their stuff. I want to see that the vendor cares about their customers, cares about the quality of the products they sell, and cares about their integrity as a reputable and upstanding vendor, rather than doing whatever they can to make a quick buck. I feel this is very important in the unregulated market of RCs, where grave mistakes can slip through the net if consumers aren't paying attention.

I was never fond of the term "Ecstasy" for MDMA, and I am definitely not fond of RUSH or CHARGE for ethylphenidate. It just cheapens the whole thing for me, and it shows that the people you are purchasing from care way more about quickly making big money from gullible fools than standards of quality control.

I can tell you that 2-MeO-Ket will be available from vendors who are not using such marketing techniques.

Asante
14-08-2012, 15:45
We have been hyped, stalled and cockteased so much about this drug, and pommeled with childlike trade names that I'm not even sure I want to try this drug anymore. Sure I'll pick up some grams but ACK! Just STFU and then one day completely unexpected flood the market with an awesome product, with this stalling tactic theres a risk the drug is scheduled before it even hits the outlets.

Incunabula
17-08-2012, 16:06
ethyl ketamine is out too if anyones interested, 3x the potency of normal ket

Shill much? retard.

The only one who claims to have it is a chinese scammer. And were does the "3x the potency of normal ket"come from? Pulled that out of your ass did you?

adder
21-08-2012, 00:45
if N-ethylnorketamine was mentioned, then it's also not 3 times as strong as straight ketamine. But I guess everyone can get to that conclusion...

ungelesene_bettlek
22-08-2012, 02:40
well, obviously the wheels of the RC market are turning... I have tried samples of both 2-MeO-Ketamine and N-ethyl-Ketamine provided by a reputable source (i.e. not the chinese scammer). both gave me ketamine-like effects, but while 2-MeO-Ketamine was much less effective than ketamine (only threshold effects at 150 mg nasally), N-ethyl-Ketamine was more potent than regular racemic ketamine. not 3x potent as ketamine, but more potent, maybe similar in potency to S-ketamine (x1.5). as a dissociatives-connosseur, I hope that both compounds will appear on the grey market soon (from what I hear from the source my hopes won't be in vain), but N-ethyl-Ketamine seems to me the more promising ketamine replacement. time to open a new b&d thread, I guess...

atomiku
22-08-2012, 17:37
I think this is what's going around in my area (and lots of surrounding areas) but it's being sold as K.
Can anyone who has bought methoxyketamine / 2-MeO-Ketamine describe the smell? And color?

Some of the 'ketamine' has been slightly yellow/beige, and smells a bit like mephedrone, but not exactly mephedrone, but a strong smell that I really can't put my finger on. A tiny bit like bleach maybe.

Any information you guys can give would be helpful, thanks. As I'm suspicious that all the strange smelling ketamine being sold in the area isn't actually ketamine at all. Cheers.

phatboy303
22-08-2012, 18:00
I suspect that with all the R&D thats gone into this over the last few months the price will be considerably higher than normal K (at this stage anyway) so its doubtful this will be sold as street ketamine any time soon. No doubt things may change.

Possibly this stuff you found has gone through a different synth route and has its own impurities leading to the colour and smell.

THCified
22-08-2012, 18:27
well, obviously the wheels of the RC market are turning... I have tried samples of both 2-MeO-Ketamine and N-ethyl-Ketamine provided by a reputable source (i.e. not the chinese scammer). both gave me ketamine-like effects, but while 2-MeO-Ketamine was much less effective than ketamine (only threshold effects at 150 mg nasally), N-ethyl-Ketamine was more potent than regular racemic ketamine. not 3x potent as ketamine, but more potent, maybe similar in potency to S-ketamine (x1.5). as a dissociatives-connosseur, I hope that both compounds will appear on the grey market soon (from what I hear from the source my hopes won't be in vain), but N-ethyl-Ketamine seems to me the more promising ketamine replacement. time to open a new b&d thread, I guess...

How much N-ethyl-Ketamine have you used? Even with 90+mgs plugged i only got light effects, nothing to fly away or even hole with. Don't even wanna think about what 90+mgs of MXE would've done, so i dunno if these Ketamine-derivates are really worth the money (and from what i've heard they're damn expensive).

Survived Abortion
22-08-2012, 20:52
Guys, I think this is what's going around in my area (and lots of surrounding areas) but it's being sold as K.

How are you possibly arriving at this conclusion? The material hasn't even made it's way to the niche online RC market yet, let alone had enough time to percolate down to those who would sell it on the streets.

It's highly possible that what you have is impure or cut. Finding out what it is cut with is the task.

ungelesene_bettlek
22-08-2012, 20:56
Can anyone who has bought methoxyketamine / 2-MeO-Ketamine describe the smell? And color?
the 2-MeO-ketamine sample was a light brown sticky powder. some smell, unfortunately I can't remember what it was like (this trial was already several weeks ago), the only thing I can say for sure is that it didn't smell or taste anything like ketamine, but rather unpleasant (while I quite like the smell of ketamine and N-ethyl-ketamine). my guess/hope is that the material was rather impure, and that quality might increase until this compound finally comes to the market.

the N-ethyl-ketamine was a fine powder, perfectly white. smell and taste were similar to regular ketamine.

How much N-ethyl-Ketamine have you used? Even with 90+mgs plugged i only got light effects, nothing to fly away or even hole with. Don't even wanna think about what 90+mgs of MXE would've done, so i dunno if these Ketamine-derivates are really worth the money (and from what i've heard they're damn expensive).
I have used 200 mg N-ethyl-ketamine nasally over several hours (of course starting with the obligatory adverse reaction test and then slowly increasing the amound insnufflated). this resulted in a medium strength dissociative experience (still far from holing) quite similar to ketamine with only slight qualitative differences. unfortunately, I am quite a hard-head when it comes to dissociatives (and tolerance of course even increased with years of usage, and as you know, tolerance to NMDA-antagonists is partially long-term; but I have no short-term tolerance at the moment), that's why my effects may seem weaker to the light-heads of you than they might suspect. also, I assume that the effects would have significantly been stronger if I had consumed all of my 200 mg sample at once, probably enough for a hole. comparing with my experiences with ketamine, I estimate that the potency of the (obviously racemic) N-ethyl-ketamine is about 1.5x the potency of racemic ketamine, or comparable to the potency of s-ketamine.

about rectal consume: while it works pretty well with methoxetamine, plugged ketamine is significantly less potent than nasal ketamine in my experience. I would not be surprised if the same was true for N-ethyl-ketamine.

what I found interesting is that despite the increase of potency the change of the N-methyl substitution for an N-ethyl causes, the length of the experience was not increased and quite the same than with regular ketamine.

Ethnobotanical
26-08-2012, 03:32
Seems like *some* vendor i was following have finally put up pre-orders and promised me a gift! hope they cough up!.....

bayhead415
27-08-2012, 10:53

Hahahhahaha! Are you freaking serous? Boy you need to lay off the arylcyclohexylamines! Or else grow up...

Anyways just to add I can not wait for this compound to reach my hands. I would love too see how it compares to ketamine, but honestly I am much more interested in ethyl-ket. I was not a big fan of MXE, which is the only compound I have tried with a methoxy bond to date I believe (such as 5-meo-dmt vs. dmt). I believe that has something to do with it, but I don't know it is just me. Deschloro-ketamine was an interesting one I came across my searches too, although it was lightly described and there is not much info about it. Definitively more interested in the versions that are less of a mindtrip and more of a body trip that connects with sound, while still being sedating.

Any who just my 2c so I did not just look like a jerk trying to seek attention. Go about your discussions I may be back if I try it.

justinsayno
27-08-2012, 13:45
Seems like *some* vendor i was following have finally put up pre-orders and promised me a gift! hope they cough up!.....

Yeah, they started taking pre-orders a day after tweeting that thier product was 'not perfect'.....
Does that not bother you in some way ?

Ethnobotanical
28-08-2012, 00:40
Yeah, they started taking pre-orders a day after tweeting that thier product was 'not perfect'.....
Does that not bother you in some way ?

In my experience with research chems is that they often just have to wait for the product to be up to a certain percentage pure, and that can take a while of refining by the supplier to get rid of all the solvents used in the process. This is why i think many people are not happy with certain new rc's until the third or fourth batch is release. I think eager vendors just take the first sample they get and decide to sell it to be first!

I'm pretty sure they will get it, just are waiting for the best batch.

On the other hand, i am still a little worried, as they still have not priced!

adder
28-08-2012, 07:21
In my experience with research chems is that they often just have to wait for the product to be up to a certain percentage pure, and that can take a while of refining by the supplier to get rid of all the solvents used in the process.

So it means so-called "research chemicals" are synthesized by some chemists bunglers? Not implying anything, never bought anything via Internet.

kanobo
29-08-2012, 21:05
I have obtained a 200mg sample, will post findings when tested :D

Solipsis
29-08-2012, 21:21
Dear PD-ers, please cut out the "insider talk" about vendors. It's very simple: discuss the compound, not anything about acquiring it. If the prevalence of the compound is lacking, this does not qualify you to hint about 'what is taking them so long' or any other topic in the "acquisition stage" of experimenting with this drug.

Rules are rules, don't be surprised if posts get unapproved and pop off the forum or warnings after persistence.

kanobo
31-08-2012, 01:10
Full stomach, 100mg 2-Meo-Ketamine
Mental effects: Pleasant, positive 'whooshing' body high, ideal state to watch mind expanding films on big screens - a bit short-lived, though.
Body: Leaves you dizzy, giddy with glittering vision. Stumbling is blatantly obvious, drunken but clinical and cold. Little bit dirty, irritating on the nose at first but soon passes. Mucus isn't bad at all! Definitely do this one sitting down, get your drinks fridge stocked and Js rolled beforehand because trust me, walking is not a realistic option.

Waited quite a while for this one, pretty fun and I'm glad I got to try it.

phatboy303
31-08-2012, 14:16
3-methoxy and N-ethyl groups have replaced 2-chloro and N-methyl groups on the phenyl ring and amine.

Sounds like a description of MXE if I'm not mistaken...