• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Been Clean off dope for 3 months

Was a good meeting :D everyone was so nice and welcoming... So many people i met. haha. They all had their own stories and were just proud of me being there. I think im gunna get a sponsor and try it for real.. I think im gunna go to some convention thing with them tomorrow. Someone said they can pick me up so might as well... aint got shit else to do. hah. Just a little sketched about driving with someone iv'e never met..

That's so awesome. Don't worry, it's a standard thing for other members of NA and AA to offer rides. Did you meet anyone your age? If you can make the meetings work for you that's awesome. They are an absolute god send for certain people and do the charm. I hope you have a great day tomorrow. Keep us updated! <3

Yeah i met a few kids my age that have been clean for like a little over a year and were working the steps and all that... a bunch of skater kids lol just like meeee. But i havent skated in years ever since i got real strung out -_- but i wanna get back into it. Gunna try and skate with em sometime.. I got a bunch of peoples numbers to if i ever need to talk to them if im having a tough time or something? Idk.. thought it was kinda wierd but everyone was so damn nice and accepting. I really enjoyed it. Had a good time :) and wasnt thinking about scoring the whole time :p

IMHO, from my experience they're hard to find as well as few and far between, but with that being said... There is nothing like finding a good meeting/home-group where you feel at home and happy. I mean, when it's good, the support you receive from a 12 step fellowship can be just about as powerful an aid your family.

And the cliches! Oh my! The Cliches :) How does it go: If you don't fellowship you'll end up being the only fellow on the ship." Stupid stupid stupid stupid... :p

lol yeah there is some things i didnt agree with but hell.. they gave me good advice and let me have a chance to talk and everything. Swear felt like my family i never had! haha. I was just chilling by my lonesome and this lady comes up to me and is like you look like you need a hug! im like eh, okay... hahaha. Was funny how close everyone was and shit. I felt so out of place until this one guy i met like put me on blast in front of everyone and was like hes the new guy! so everyone was trying to give me there advice and shit.. Was funny. But i enjoyed it hahah. Usually i just chill by myself and am un-noticed by everyone but not here.. so it actually felt pretty good..

Yes! This is exactly the sort of thing I was getting at. It's not really my cup of tea most days, but even I find a meeting here and there helpful. Glad to hear you had a good time anom!

Well.. this guy i met is coming to pick me up once he picks up a few other people. So i guess since yesterday went so well i'm gunna give it another try -_-

Thanks :D yesterday went pretty good.. better than the other day actually. Met a ton more people and some other guys who live around me and who can take me to meetings. Some guy is gunna take me to one in my area today and this other guy monday is coming like an hour out of the way just to pick me up and take me to this other meeting where its a bunch of young kids.. I got a lot more phone numbers if i ever need to call anyone. But yea im just trying to do this 90 meetings in 90 days and see whatsup. Even quit smoking pot which is crazy for me to say cause ive never quit smoking but i need to so i can actually work the steps -_- but fuck it. Figured i'd give it a shot. Next week i go on some camping trip! hah. that'll be interesting :p

Last edited:
Had a rough day today... needs to be 8 o clock already so i can go to a fucking meeting :|
Had to help a friend out and everytime we hang out i always think about using cause thats all we used to do together...

Ugh that is the absolute worst isn't it. Luckily I moved and am no longer near any of my old influences. It is really true what they say about disassociating with your user friends. I know it's so hard. I wasn't able to do it until I moved either though. Good luck at the meeting today though. Keep your head up :).

Well i feel much better now that i got off all that shit off my chest. The guy who was supposed to pick me up flaked but i still managed to go. Had just enough gas to get there :p I needed a meeting or i was gunna do something stupid.. & yeah i told him how i felt. I was like man it was really fucking with me in the back of my mind all i was thinking about was scoring since thats all we ever did together. And its hard to go into your apartment... Im not trying to hurt your feelings i just think i should stay away until i get some more self control. He says he understands... so idk. I just felt bad but fuck man. You know what they say gotta do this shit for you sooooooo :| i deleted everyone off my phone list today.. hah. Don't wanna fuck up... Not like deleting numbers would stop me or anything. Just dont wanna take the risk or scroll over a name and have thoughts and shit. So idk... just trying to do whats right for me right now :\

It at least put's a little distance between you and your next action at least--in regards to deleting your contacts. You've made some serious strides. The biggest is to admit to yourself that you genuinely want to stop. That was hardest for me. I am sure your friend wasn't too hurt by it. I know every addict in the back of their head wants to stop and can identify with those who want to quit. I do know too, that the old saying misery loves company usually overrules all though. It was good to see your post today. Stick with it :).

omggg someone just told me that the other day!! I told my friend im working the steps though and he totally understands and respects me for it. He said he was worried about me and was wondering when i was gunna pull my head out of my ass... Idk. Im just tired of this shit. I dont wanna live like this anymore but i always see myself back in the same position. Its like the only thing i know.... thats the hardest part :| But yeah i really do want to quit this time. I'm sick of this shit.. iv'e learned a lot these past 3 days going to meetings. Prolly the best thing that has ever happened to me. They are like the family i never had <3 everyone is so caring and supportive..

and yay i got a sponsor now :DDD hes a pretty badass guy! makes me feel like im worth something -_- idk. Guess he has a lot of faith in me or he sees potential or something :p he said i did a great job today :D

Nice! They say getting a sponsor is a really big important aspect to AA and NA. Way to go!

Thanks! Now gotta work on those steps :p he was gunna give me an assignment but he was like work on your homework first thats more important xD so better start studying for this history exam before i pass the fackkkk out xD

Went to 2 meetings today... im tired. But iv'e learned a lot.. This is like the best thing thats happened to me :D just hope i can stick with it...

:D i know right... I don't know what came over me... But whatever it is it's working :]] I'm pretty happy about it :D Can't wait to go on this function thing this weekend. A bunch of people tell me its gunna be a lot of fun.. I dont ever do anything so spending a lot of my time around recovering addicts and meetings and stuff really helps me. Starting to learn how to enjoy life without the use of drugs.. It's gunna take some time though. That's for sure..