• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Crystal Meth lasting 12+ Hours, lies?

Tweak Thizz

Bluelighter
I've been using for a while, and I've noticed crystal lasts way less than 12 hours. For me depending on what method I use to ingest, it lasts around 4 hours...then the anxiety comes and only the energy is left... does it really last 12 hours or am I just getting bad stuff? :S

The total effects of Meth may be 12+ hours .

But those effects lasting longer than 12 hours may not necessarily be the desirable effects.

Ive never done meth but ive done huge amounts of speed . When i did it , the actual desirable effects lasted around 9 hours but for like a day after i still felt the effects of speed stimulation . The euphoria had gone though and i couldnt sleep .
They are still effects but not necessarily good ones. ..

... & ya you might have just got crap product lol .
You sound like a newb to meth, and getting poor quality product when ur newb is quite common .

The total effects of meth last 12-24 hours, not just the "good " ones.

Just because you're not feeling GREAT doesn't mean there's no meth on you...

If I heard someone saying methamphetamine works 4hrs and the other one saying it works 12hrs, then I'd rather say what the guy saying it works 4hrs has, is definitely not methamphetamine... 4 hours is the time when methamphetamine works all the way, during the next 4-5 hours it wears off and then you've got the comedown. So for me it was always 8-9hrs although I don't like stimulants and I didn't use methamphetamine zillions of times, I used some smoother ones more times definitely. Maybe it's 4hrs for you because your tolerance is the way it is or your dose is small, or your meth is of poor quality. It definitely works longer than 4hrs and 12hrs is a possible subjective estimation.

The total effects of Meth may be 12+ hours .

But those effects lasting longer than 12 hours may not necessarily be the desirable effects.

Bingo! Took the words right out of my mouth. Anxiety always takes the place of the 'better' part of the high ime after about 4 to 6 hours. Just because you don't feel great doesn't mean you're not still on it.

Last edited:
I definitely get high for around a day or 2 off a bowl of decent crystal, so that's really weird to hear about. Maybe you're using too much?

When I used to do that piece of shit drug that will take your life away and make you look like shit drug, the high lasted 18 hours on average for me...

The time I tried it, one dose (unknown amount) lasted what seemed like 3-4 days for me. The first 12-24 hours being good effects, the rest of it is what kept me away forever.

it lasts around 4 hours...then the anxiety comes and only the energy is left... does it really last 12 hours or am I just getting bad stuff? :S[/QUOTE]

and to wat exactly do u contribute the ENERGY that is left. and if it does last 4 hours, like mdam, are you than able to sleep 6-8 hours after your last dose like one does on mdma, in majority of the cases. if the answer is NO than it definately lasts more than four hours

I don't free-base anymore, but when I used to roll the glass bowl, the more I would smoke at once, the longer the effects would last. I had half of a gram last for 16 hours for me. No I wasn't having the rush/euphoria for that long, but I was still "up." Erowid, while I don't agree with the doses they have, have a great way to explain how people normally use it for different reasons. On the dosage page, they state that most people smoke every 2-4 hours to stay high, and every 4-8 hours to stay up. Theres a difference between being up and being high on meth.

my buddy back in the day when i used mdma and before i tried opiates and chose them as my DOC and never went back to stimulant like drugs because i had developed really bad anxiety blah blah who cares right? lol Anyways.. my buddy used to make "meth bombs" and sell them as rolls, i know scum baggish right? well it wasn't me doing it, but i did buy them off him for ridiculous low prices since i knew how much it cost him to make ~100 pills.. so i did meth in pill form plenty back before i was a downer person and in pill form if i was to take just one pill with whatever amount of meth in the pill he used to put (it was about the same for every imprint he made but i forget the mg) it would last 4 hours of good effects and then i would feel shitty and go to bed and toss and turn all night and get no sleep so i guess it would last 12 hours since it was effecting me into the next morning.. so i agree with up to 4hrs the pleasurable part and without a re-dose it starts to get shitty then until it wears off 8 hrs later..
just my .02

EDIT: just realized that what he was making was pretty much street made Desoxyn.. i wonder if the dosages were close enough that the effects were the same and lasted similar lengths.

i think we need to rephrase and it should be something like this:

' The effects of Methamphetamine can last anywhere from 12 to 24 hours since the last administration but the primary effects, specifically the euphoric effect, mainly for which the drug is consumed can last anywhere from 4-6 hours. Although the euphoria is clearly diminshed by the six hour mark, clarity, focus and energy still do remain for atleast a few more hours.

The secondary effects ( technically incorrect since these are also one of the main effects and are felt from the begining. using it just for the sake of argument) are also due to the drug. These effects may not seem to be enjoyable to majority of users but some users including myself find this useful (i said useful not enjoyable) as i can work and the focus and energy do make help ALOT.

Than there is the last part, past the twelve hour mark which consists of a fried brain, low blood sugar levels, tight rigid muscles, bad body odur and a dehydrated body followed by lack of sleep which generally lead to paranoia.

All these effects are due to meth and do last more than four hours. euphoria is not the only side to meth and judging its duration only by its 'happy factor' is simply put bad judgrment.

I've noticed that the better the quality the longer it lasts, and how long you have been using

I just thought I might add...ever heard someone saying that, "that shit had some legs."

That's what they were talking about :p

It kept going for a while.

EDIT: just realized that what he was making was pretty much street made Desoxyn.. i wonder if the dosages were close enough that the effects were the same and lasted similar lengths.

I doubt it. For one, not everyone gets meth that is the D isomer only, it is possible your friend had racemic methamp.

Nonetheless, desoxyn is extremely low dosage, 5mg per tablet. I am sure your friend used 2 to 4x as much per tablet, if not more.

When I use methamphetamine, I feel great for 8 to 12 hours, and typically am awake for 24 to 48 hours all together.

ditto, take today for instance. I stopped at about 6 am and didn't use all day long and I had energy to the max, elevated mood and just all around delusional ( in a good way) but the euphoric feeling lasted about 4-5 hours each session wether that be ingestion or iv. But ingestion always seems to have a much harder come down I have been noticing, I am starting to feel as if ingestion is not a good idea anymore because the feeling I get when my muscles start to finally relax as well as my mind I find myself seeking that HIGH all over again. Might seem weird but I come off iv way easier then I do ingestion. I guess its different for everyone

ingesting meth has the lamest high and the worst come down. recovering from ingestion takes longer.

the first time i tried it i did almost a whole gram and i was high for about 16 hours