• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Potentiating Oral Hydromorphone/Dilaudid, or trying rectal roa is it worth trying it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMoney11111

Bluelighter
Ok so here is my quick background on my experience with opiates. I have always had a low-mild tolerance even after years of daily use because I do not do anything but eat them, I dont redose and I stick to a schedule on my usage. I prefer oral hydrocodone over any other opiate because I don't like to nod out I just like to feel good all day, without a heavy crash! Its more of a psychological addiction I believe, because I just dont get the same anxiety and depression relief from other opiates. I have snorted opiates on several occasions, but I prefer to just eat them and take a caffienated beverage and smoke weed to get a nice synergy going. My tolerance right now is where I need say 40 mg of hydrocodone to feel euphoric, and I take probably 75mg a day, two doses though compeltely separated. Now, Ive had IV dilaudid in the hospital and I know that dilaudid is useless if you have much of a tolerance orally, and I dont really want to plug it because I am almost always constipated from my daily use of hydrocodone and oxycodone. I can't just crush and squirt a pill in my rectum and get high am I right? I mean even if I just took a shit, if there is no way of completely emptying my bowels so I guess I cant do that roa. Ive searched and my question is this. If I use tagamet like I would for hydrocodone, will it have the same effect on hydromorphone? I want to try it orally at least once before I go to snorting it. I just have 8 mg because I wanted to try it out before I spent any real money on it, Ive been told that 4 mg would be like that 40 mg of hydrocodone am I right? I only need 20 mg of oxycodone orally to have a similar effect, so what should I do here. Try the tagamet and eat a 4 mg and see where it gets me, or just say fuck it and snort 2 mg? Obviously I have a natural low tolerance and also opiates effect me much more than the average person, so I just wonder if tagamet will do anything.

Nasal or rectal admin will be stronger for sure. Cimetidine will likely potentiate to a degree but not to the degree of changing ROA.

Even with a moderate tolerance taking the hydromorphone orally is a waste...

Snorting 2mg should be about the same as taking 4mg orally. So if you went that ROA, you could save less product, but still start low, then you could titrate from there if need be. You should be fine with 2mg if you choose to snort. My first dose of hydromorphone I snorted 4mg and had a really nice experience, no bad side-effects; but everyone is different. But it's up to you my friend!

Thank you for the responses. From what Ive read and heard, not only does it have a much stronger effect, but the nasal route ends up making the amount you have last much longer. Ive heard the comedown can be harsher, and you can fiend harder than say with oxycodone but Im not worried about that :p I tried just snorting 1 mg last night because I knew I was going to bed two hours later and was seeing a movie with my gf, and I didnt want to be too f'd up. 1 mg definitely had more of an effect than I thought, I think I will do the rest in 2 2 3. I definitely am not used to snorting so the rush alone is almost enough as opposed to chewing up norcos and roxies where its more of a long lasting but weaker effect.

I don't like to nod out I just like to feel good all day, without a heavy crash!

I dont really want to plug it because I am almost always constipated from my daily use of hydrocodone and oxycodone. I can't just crush and squirt a pill in my rectum and get high am I right? I mean even if I just took a shit, if there is no way of completely emptying my bowels so I guess I cant do that roa..

IME, plugging is the absolute way to go. i can get very very high off much less substance. for me, plugging BA is 80-90%, snorting 30-40%, and orally i barely feel anything.

now, since you aren't a fan of the nod, i would recommend starting off low-dose like 2mg and titrate up like scottd recommended. but when i plug, i can experience a good opie high for 6-8 hrs+. so maybe this would be of interest to you.

as for the constipation issue, i don't see where ROA is going to affect this. i would think that no matter how you get the drug into your body, it is still an opiate and you will likely end up constipated.

plugging is very very easy. you do NOT need to completely evacuate your bowels, just your rectum. this 5-7" stretch of large intestine is where all the blood vessels are concentrated. and you want the plugged liquid to rest there in order to skip first-pass metabolism. so a nice healthy shit will do you just fine.

when i plug, i crush my 4mg dilaudid into a very very fine powder. dilaudid is very water soluble but IME i find that i get a better high off a finer powder vs. simply dissolving and agitating the pill. but try both and see what works. i then add the powder to about 10mL of very hot water (using an oral syringe). remember folks - water first, then powder!! squirting water into your powder is an easy way to make your powder jump out of your mixing vessel (in my case, a shot glass works perfect). anyways, after you've added the powder, mix the solution well and draw back into the syringe.

i then take a few minutes to let the water get to a warm, body temp. - while shaking it in the syringe. you don't want to scald your rectum. not pleasant. after it's a suitable temp, lube up the syringe (i lube the the end of the barrel closest to the tip - not the tip itself, it's just too small and can get clogged).

lie flat on your right side, draw your left knee to your chest, and ever so gently insert the syringe. the more you relax yourself, the easier this is. i slide the 10mL syringe in about 2" and then start pushing down the plunger at a slow steady rate. i generally leave the syringe in there for a few mins then remove it carefully. you can get up after this but i prefer to lay down and enjoy the come up for about 10-20 mins.

then i will wipe the outside of the syringe, pull another 5-10mL of hot water into it, and repeat to make sure i got everything out. i do these "re-washes" about 2-3 times on average, until the liquid becomes relatively clear. then boom! you're all done.

hope this helps clear things up. i have a bit of a love affair with plugging :) but i'd seriously recommend it if you want to make the most out of your dillies. has never failed me.

you may also want to check out the MegaThreads on dilaudid and on plugging. both of these have a wealth of info.

love and thanks all!
pickle

I wouldn't swallow your dilaudid. If not IV or plugging (though plugging is a great option as less # gives a better effect than oral. If no--

The first time I did Dilaudid I insufflated 4mg. I DID have an opiate addiction (still do) and it was an excellent feeling. Warning : tolerance builds rapidly... and if you are dependent, yes- the wd's come FAST and are a BITCH to deal with. I now spend ~2000 a month on dillies (i even go through a 120 oc IRs, 15mg. In a wk and a half. Mainly because I started messing with Dilaudid.

Advice-insufflate but take it easy. As with any substance, try not to get carried away. OR, plug... as it'll have a great rush, you'll use less to feel more.

That's all I have got to say for now. :)

i havent plugged any type of drug before. but from my understanding of hydromorphone plugging is most definitely worth trying. i know i would.

^do it!! absolutely worth it. see my previous post. depending on my dose, it allows me to go anywhere from happy melty good feeling land to fucked out of my gourd and puking land. all in the dosage. but the come up is gradual, like gentle warm waves washing over you. the peak is fantastic, and then it settles and stays forevarrrrrr. love the plug :)

love and thanks all!
pickle

Plugging is a widely variable ROA (especially with this drug) for different people. It doesn't do shit for me when plugged, but for others, apparently, the effects are second only to IV.

IN (snorted) would be your best bet since I can't and won't encourage IV use, and it is the next strongest route.
Oral will be helped by a couple alka-seltzers, some quinine, an enzyme blocker (tagamet or the like) etc...

Muvolution is right- plugging hydromorphone seems to have mixed results. I myself have found it to be highly effective, while friends of mine with both higher and lower tolerances than I have claimed that it wasn't very effective. So is trying it worth it? Definately- you can't know if you're one of the seemingly 'lucky' ones who can actually get a decent rush off hydromorphone without having to break out the spikes if you don't give it a go!

Hey asshole, coming onto a very serious section of a Harm Reduction forum and suggesting IV drug use to someone who is just experimenting is simply irresponsible. IF ANYONE keeps up that kinds of behaviour, you will no longer be welcome here.

We already have a plugging/rectal administration mega thread, so I'm going to go ahead and close this thread.

As muvolution said, please don't suggest to others just to IV it, especially when that isn't what they were asking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.