• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Subutex and Suboxone - My adventure to hell approaches

jaystyle

Bluelighter
Yo,

In the past, I got on Subutex for a bit. I am familiar with the composition of both --tex and --oxone, but it was my understanding that the naloxone in suboxone doesn't really effect you at all since bup has a higher affinity than naloxone? That being said, you'd expect Subutex and Suboxone to have the same effects, right? There should be no difference in feelings? I mean, what's the point of the naloxone in there?

After using oxycodone for a couple years, I decided to get back on subutex and my dr just called in an RX, but my asshole doctor prescribed Suboxone isntead--- insisting that you can "CHEAT" while on subutex and use opiates, even though I KNOW this not the case. It's the BUP that blocks opiates in Subutex, the Naloxone doesn't do anything! It pissed me off because everywhere I read people report depression from Suboxone and say subutex helps them be happier. It is SOO hard to get off oxycodone as it is, and I need all the help Ic an get. Having a doctor give me something that will make me more depressed, while switchin to subutex was hard enough, well it made me feel terrible. It is cruel to think I will have a little less edge trying to fight mya ddictino with a drug that works shittier because of my doctor.

So, my question--- does Suboxone really make you depressed to a higher extent than subutex? Or, will I be fine on this RX?

It's an entriely psychological issue. The naloxone is rapidly metabolized and is out-competed at the opioid receptors by buprenorpine/norebuprenorphine anyway.

Don't worry about it and you'll be fine.

Indeed.

Suboxone and Subutex are the same thing. Buprenorphine is buprenorphine is buprenorphine. I've had three formulations of buprenorphine, Suboxone, Subutex, and Buprenex, and they all felt exactly the same because they all are exactly the same thing.

Alright, that makes me feel better. I havn't tried suboxone yet, i've just been reading about people saying they were feeling great on subutex, then felt bad on suboxone so switched back. It made no sense, but maybe the Naloxone has some weird effect even though it's mostly not absorbed?

Buprenorphine in SUBUTEX was depressing enough to be on as it is... I craved oxycodone all 5 days of it =P Does it really get better after some time goes by? I always relapse but really want to give it a shot but I hope I can feel normal and happy again on it. I'd rather be a happy oxycodone addict than a depressed, tired, anxious suboxone user...

I disagree...and I know someone will shoot me down instantly with the same 'it's the same thing' thing, but...I have 3 years + experience with both formulations, plus I have made injectable solutions out of both, and God does Subutex blow Suboxone out of the water. I am an IV user, I inject most of my subutex, and the way to get the best 'rush' or high out of it is to wait until you need your fix and are in withdrawal and then IV about a fat mg. If it's subutex then I get a dope like rush and a killer high that lasts a little over an hour and then fades to normalcy but if it's suboxone, I do not get any sort of rush sensations, it takes over 15 minutes to kick in IV vs >5 minutes to peak for subutex. I think that especially when injected there IS BREIF COMPETITION at the receptors between bupe and naloxone and that would explain this. Not to mention suboxone just has way more side effects for me, and a lot of nasty artifical sweeteners in it that don't agree with my system. SO if I were you I'd keep complaining to your doctor until you get what you want. I could never stay clean on suboxone.