View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Did you start with weed?

cuauhtEmoc

Bluelighter
Many people have the idea that weed is a drug that induces you to harder drugs. In my case it wasnt that way, first I tried E and LSD, then weed. I rarely do those other drugs but I do smoke weed very often. I would like to know if many people started with weed and what came after it..

i started with ALCAHOL then CRACK(tried it one time didnt get nothin)then WEED then ACID then MOLLIE (didnt feel no euphoria!,i think it was K)
well thats the way it was for me!
im tryinto leave the alcahol alone,still like weed a bit,love BENZOS,opiods!

I started with weed (I don't consider alcohol a drug, I know it is, but anyway..) and then I had mdma, speed, dxm, lsd.
A lot of ppl accuse weed of being a "gateway drug", that is, it leads u on to harder drugs once u get bored with it. I think this is true in some cases, it is with me. But, I don't like how weed is considered so bad by some ppl because of that. If weed wasn't around, then something else would be the "gateway drug". If someone tried mdma as their first drug, its quite likely they would become interested in other drugs as well.

it definetly is a "gateway" i didn't believe that till it happened to me i smoked weed then i sold it i had a lot of money and i was bored with bud so i tried E then LSD and shrooms and did some pill popping. so yeah its a gateway
------------------
"In order to use your head you must first lose your mind" -Dr. Thomas Leary

I started with benedryl then i moved to the harder shit like ephedrine, then onto PSUEDOEPHEDRINE!
actually i did MDMA a couple times, ROLLED HARD! and realized its a drug for faggots and old english ladies. next on my list was eeelll-eessssszz.DEEEEEEEEEEEEE. which i fell in love with and we eloped to the mountainous ranges of oregon. then i tried weed but it always seemed so weak and short lasting compared to papa lsd. for my HS graduation gift my friends bought me a bag of prime oaxacan salvia which i consumed and loved so i bought more. its more intense than lsd, theres nothing like becoming a textbook for 4th graders on pocaHONTAS for eternity, but its too short acting. oh yeah after salvia i had already decided to lay of LSD and switch to shrooms and they are so earthly and lovely, mr mckenna is right about their tantric mantra talk it does move me.
so the list goes
1)mdmGAY
2)ACIDLSD
3)GAnja
$)salviation
50muushrooms.
ihope this totally proves beyond a doubt by such substantive evidence that weed is in fact not a gateway Drukqs
peaCE
ps. pinksmot you unoriginal motherfucker, go get an original quote, and get it right you psychopussy. i got mine out of his book which i RED.
------------------
To use your head you have to go out of your mind- Dr. Timothy Leary
[This message has been edited by Mescalito (edited 26 November 2001).]

Actaully there is now a scientific theory that states that the most common gateway drug is nicotine. Although it is not a gateway like weed (because it gets you in with dealers) it is thought to be a chemical gateway. Aparently, and i forget the neuro chemistry behind it, but nicotine makes tryptomines more effect at producing erphoria...there was a whole load more on it on a recent program on channel four (uk) that was saying that basically weed is less likely to be the gateway drug than nicotine.

Yeah, nicotine stimulates the same pleasure regions as most drugs, and it also enhances/prolongs the effects of drugs which act on the dopamine system (i think that's almost all of them). I think if you can deal with the shit taste and horrible effects of the first cigarette then almost all other drugs are easier on the body.
What AM i talking about??!
------------------
- "God made me Funky!"

Yeah it all started with weed....
1) weed
2) whippets
3) dusters
4) mdma
5) acid-lsd
6) cocaine
7) ephedrine
almost anti-climatic with the ephedrine after everything huh?
------------------
*does exotic belly dance*
Proud Member of the Secret Organization of Hipsterz since 1998!

well, i actually started with mdma. then moved on to weed. then lsd. then all sorts of other things which i don't feel like listing right now.
i think that the idea that weed is a gateway drug is bullshit. weed doesn't make people do more drugs. my theory is that weed is just the drug that people usually try first because it's so easy to get, and such a soft drug. people that want to try drugs just aren't usually going to start out with something hard, like heroin, or coke, or whatever. but if they already have the mentality that that they want to try drugs, they'll eventually move on to bigger, better things. and then there's lots of people that have smoked weed, but never done any other illegal drugs.
of course, i could be wrong. but someone would have to have some pretty strong evidence to convince me.
------------------
~poe
"we're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance."

first illegal drug here was mdma. before i ever did weed i also did a whole bunch of the 'legal' highs, most of which sucked. quick runoff on my order...
1mdma
2nos
3dxm
4nutmeg(worst...)
5caffeine+ephedrene
6weed
7tobacco
so that kinda detracts from weed as being a gateway drug as well as nicotine, but it could be that i'm just wierd...
btw mescalito your anti gay sentiment makes everything else you say sound foolish.
------------------
TiHKAL my PiHKAL...

Started with Alcohol, then amphetamines, nicotine, weed, coke and soon LSD.
In regards to the Gateway Theory, it's largely been disproved (not that it ever was scientifically proved).
Check out:
http://www.drugwarfacts.org/gatewayt.htm
and
http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/Library/studies/runciman/pf7.htm
Of particular interest is the latter, which is the Runciman Report, an investigation into the abuse of drugs in the UK which basically states that "gateway theory", as typified by the theory that cannabis use leads to "harder drugs" such as heroin, is not true and has always been so.
------------------
"The floggings will continue until morale improves"

1)whippit
2)coke
3)weed
4)acid
5)dxm
6)duster
7)ritalin
8)speed
9)ephedrine
10)x
11)crack
12)herion
13)butane
14)hydrocodine
15)nicotine
and ive never got drunk

1.)Alcohol
2.)Weed
3.)Codeine
4.)Speed
....just a beginner
smile.gif

my theory is that weed isn't a gateway drug, but it's around so much that if you decide to do drugs (or don't decide not to) it's MOST LIKELY that you'll try that first.

I think that weed by itself isnt what leads you to other drugs.. the thing is that since weed is widely available worldwide its very common that it will be the first illegal substance youll try, and after doing it for a while you get in touch with other drug users and thats what really leads you to "harder" drugs; many people already use harder stuff than weed, for example alcohol, vodka, rum and all that kinda shit is much harder for your body.

1.) alcohol
2.) acid
4.) lotsa OTC shit...and inhalents (i.e. carb cleaners)
3.) nicotine
4.) weed
5.) E
6.) whippits
7.) benzos
8.) DXM
9.) opiates
------------------
AIM:pinkestar
[This message has been edited by pinkestar (edited 27 November 2001).]

lattrommi--sorry i came across foolish with my faggot crack, you see, i was trying to come across as a well read, learned psychonaut! oops!
------------------
To use your head you have to go out of your mind- Dr. Tmothy Leary