Recruiting [AUS] [Melbourne] Study of opiate dependence now recruiting in Melbourne/Victoria

shoo-bop

Bluelighter
Hello everyone,

I have been asked to advise this forum of a study that is now recruiting participants in the Melbourne area. This is a study of the role of emotional responsiveness in opiate dependence and in recovery from dependence. They are looking for people age 18-45 to participate in a series of interviews and tests of brain activity over a 6-12 month period. They are interested in recruiting 3 groups of people:

1. People who have recently detoxed (or are about to detox) from all opiate drugs, including maintenance treatments.

2. People who are currently on a stable dose of buprenorphine.

3. People who have never had a substance use disorder (i.e. significant substance abuse and/or dependence) on anything other than tobacco and/or caffeine.

Participants will be reimbursed for their time and expenses. If you are interested, please contact the study coordinator to find out whether you are eligible to participate in this study:

Phone Joshua on 0418 507 209 or (03) 8413 8491 or email [email protected]

thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting this shoo-bop. Just wondering if there is any renumeration given the time commitment (a series of interviews)?

Yes, as noted in my first post, participants are reimbursed for time and expenses. I don't believe I'm authorised to discuss specific amounts in this forum, but those interested in participating will be able to find out by contacting the study coordinator.

Sorry I obviously didn't read it carefully enough - I see it now :)

Update: Study is still recruiting, but is no longer accepting those on Methadone maintenance, only those on Buprenorphine (i.e. Suboxone, Subutex, etc) :)

Update: Study is still recruiting, but is no longer accepting those on Methadone maintenance, only those on Buprenorphine (i.e. Suboxone, Subutex, etc) :)

... or who have fully withdrawn from all opioids within the past year.