• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

DEA agents traumatize family during raid on wrong house

Unbreakable

Bluelighter
Drug Enforcement Agency officers busted into a suburban home in Michigan around 2:00am, rounding up the family of a retired military translator.

“As soon as I opened the door, somebody grabbed me and took me outside and put me on the grass,” Ramsey Tossa told Fox 2′s Alexis Wiley. “The first thing I thought was they were terrorists who want to kill me because I served in Iraq.”

The DEA agents were executing a search warrant for a suspected drug dealer, who turned out to be the son of the Tossa’s landlord. He had used their house as his address.

“I saw them dragging my wife from the same door and then dragging my daughter, half-naked,” Tossa said, “I kept asking, ‘what is going on, what do you want?’”

He said his daughter still cries about the incident.

Source:
http://www.rawstory.com/rawreplay/2011/08/dea-agents-traumatize-family-during-raid-on-wrong-house/

Gotta love the war on drugs

fuckin pigs. This is common place these days and thye never get repremanded or have to pay for their mistakes.

I feel safer already thinking about military men and their families being dragged out of their houses for no fucking reason.

This happened only a few miles from where I live, in the municipality where I work. There is a very large, ingrained, and respected Arab community that has coexisted with the populace for longer than I've been around. The local cops are total Gestapo bumfucks, but at least it's to everyone across the board. I don't think this would have went down the way it did if it were not for the federal involvement. This is the DEA we're talking about here, do the words "stakeout", "warrant", or "wiretap" mean anything?

Who else finds it ironic that this man was risking his life to fight against his ancestors under the flag of the great United States of America (an issue which divided much of the huge local Arab population here around Detroit), but had to come home from that whole other glorious fuckup of a war to actually have a gun held to his head? I hope I'm making some sense here, but the whole thing just reeks of a combined "they all look the same to me" mentality along with total blatant ineptitude. This good man and his innocent family have my sympathies.

These are the things you expect to hear out of the Detroit Police Department south of 8 Mile, but it's crazy to see it happening in affluent suburban neighborhoods too. That doesn't make it any more or less wrong because it's terribly unjust under any circumstances, and moreso due to the fact that nothing procedurally will change and nobody will be punished. Already it's in the news locally that the DEA is denying ever dragging him or his family out and saying that they most certainly didn't throw him to the ground. Bullshit, now you're questioning the words of your own beloved servicemen in the name of the War on Drugs.

I hope he calls Sam on their ass. "1-800-CALL-SAM, Today!"

Welcome to the police state of our future & I guarantee you it will get worse.

That doesn't make it any more or less wrong because it's terribly unjust under any circumstances, and moreso due to the fact that nothing procedurally will change and nobody will be punished. Already it's in the news locally that the DEA is denying ever dragging him or his family out and saying that they most certainly didn't throw him to the ground. Bullshit, now you're questioning the words of your own beloved servicemen in the name of the War on Drugs.

I hope he calls Sam on their ass. "1-800-CALL-SAM, Today!"

Gotta love the Video, it never lies.... No matter how hard these pigs try to bullshit the people, the video wont lie

The problem here is that the DEA is not respecting the lives of individuals, by either wiretapping spying on them to figure out if the people in the house are the people they want, or by recompensing them after the raid.

They are using the war on drugs as a justification to take away freedom.

Again:|

A small point:
this man was risking his life to fight against his ancestors

I understand your point, but your specifics are slightly off...
He wasn't fighting his ancestors, who are presumably old or dead.
He was fighting people with a different philosophy in his ancestral country.

Nevertheless, I agree with what you said.

Stuff like this used to shock me, but now I'm just glad it hasn't happened to me.

Stuff like this used to shock me, but now I'm just glad it hasn't happened to me.

Isn't it a scary world when we are desentized from police brutality, not because of movies
or video games...But because current situations we hear all the time on the news or online....

Slimvictor: Good point, and thank you for helping clarify. I was hesitant to even add that, and even wanted to state that he wasn't even fighting his ancestors per se, he was fighting their oppressor. He may have had more reasons to fight than anyone else over there.

You made me think of something else right now, and I dig the irony of it, the man even said: "I thought the first thing, they are terrorists, they want to kill me because I served in Iraq."

Sir, you were correct, they were terrorists. Does the oath for military men include the 'all enemies, both foreign and domestic' line? Then the newslady says at the end of the video, "A spokesman for the DEA says that they most likely had a cause to search the house." Most likely? And whatever happened to a firm knock at the door followed by an orderly search? These brutes go in their all cockstrong, yelling and throwing around a man and his female family members...well done men, you fellas ought to be proud...

One more: I wonder who issued the warrant, on what grounds/evidence and who provided this evidence? You always hear about whatever agency just having the warrant, who knows what shaky premises those things are issued upon...

Nice link, and if you click submit just below the map you get a quick summary of what happened in each case. Some scary shit, seems their attitude is to shoot first and ask questions later...

seems their attitude is to shoot first and ask questions later...

Thats sure the case..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV6Bq8xeQrU

This guy was just sitting in his house smoking a joint, the cops raid his house even though they knew the dudes roommate was long gone a year ago and the dude springs out of his chair and holds up a golf club and is far away from the cops and they shoot him to death. Then you hear the cop tell him, GET ON THE GROUND, DONT MOVE after hes already shot dead.. SCUMBAGS.

Last edited:
The military are Americas real heroes.

how many military complaints do you see versus cop complaints? there is a reason that the police are feared by most and the military are supported.

Is every raid in the US a drug raid? Where are the murder raids or the rape raids or the robbery raids?

If drugs were legal, what percentage of current police personnel would we need?

edit: If you poke around enough you can find a few non-drug raids.

Last edited:
The average individual seems to be far less informed than one might suspect.
Are the police so afraid of drug users that they need to draw their guns and shoot someone from far away?
Are they concerned that smoking too much weed causes one to become a bulletproof incredible-hulk?

As for this event, they're all filled with testosterone and desperate to prove something if they're willing to raid a house and destroy the dignity of former soldiers and their families simply due to wild hunches, shaky bits of intelligence and all of that.
Can there even be a war on stationary, inanimate objects such as drugs?
Can you fight the opium plant by torching everything green and then salting fields of soil across the Earth?
It all just seems pointless -- and more harm than good would come of it.

This "War on Drugs" is just a political device, anyway.
The prohibition of alcohol didn't work and that's a deadly solvent; tryptamines without the slightest danger to them can send one to prison for life, though stomach cancer, liver disease and all sorts of unpleasant conditions are allowed.
Kids get far too drunk; get pregnant; catch sexually-transmitted diseases they can't speak to their families about.
Fights occur over the smallest act of provocation -- not even that, a lot of the time -- and of course people drive their cars into others, killing men, women and children (not to mention foetuses) in the process.

If I were that guy, I'd sue those idiots.
Too much testosterone; it's good to have cojones, but you need a functioning mind, too.
Unarmed individuals being beaten, thrown, otherwise injured?
It's pathetic...

PS: I know most of what I've said has been brought up by others too many times and in far more eloquent ways, but bah...

EDIT: Wait, just a few normal raids? The country is less concerned with the fate of rape-victims and serial murderers than it is with teens who occasionally smoke? It's a joke!
I know that it can't be all minor things, like students growing a few plants, but bah.

Last edited:

im just saying there isn't a reasonable excuse for the cops running around with a hard on to enforce "justice."

I was saying that I've met a lot of cool soldiers but I've met a lot of rude cops. I've met few nice cops and few rude soldiers. when I think of the guys protecting me, I think of the military guys. when I think of the guys protecting me, I think of the military.

im just saying there isn't a reasonable excuse for the cops running around with a hard on to enforce "justice."

I was saying that I've met a lot of cool soldiers but I've met a lot of rude cops. I've met few nice cops and few rude soldiers. when I think of the guys protecting me, I think of the military guys. when I think of the guys protecting me, I think of the military.

I remember a few years ago the local pigs in this town broke down the door of a old couple because they had a tip from a rat that there was a grow op there. The old woman went into cardiac arrest and the cops wouldn't do jack shit to help her. Thankfully she survived but it fucked her up big time and traumatized her husband as well understandably so. I can't believe some people at the time not to mention the pigs themselves where defending this all in the name of fighting crime despite the fact that the only grow op there was in the pigs own mind :X

Nothing these fascists do surprises me really.