• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What's your favorite malt liquor?

nuttynutskin

Bluelighter
Mine has gotta be mickey's which I'm drininking right now lol. It's not the most alcoholic, but I'ts CHEAP and tastes just as good if not better than Heineken if you ask me. Other one's may be better at getting drunk, but as far as quality and taste imo Mickey's takes the cake. Discuss... :)

Olde English, but I haven't tried many. I just kinda stuck with the O. E.

Olde English 800 or Steel Reserve. 8.0% and 8.1% alcohol and get you drunk quick. The OE taste better I think.

Yechhh... 211 brings back some bad memories. I don't think I could even drink a can of that nowadays without hurling. lol

There's some pretty hilarious reviews on BeerAdvocate for 211...

woodychandler ( Buccos Bandwagon, Lancaster City, Pennsylvania )

F / 1.25 rDev -98.4%
look: 4 | smell: 1 | taste: 1 | feel: 2 | overall: 1

Woody's doing the CAN-CAN today, CAN anybody tell?

Woof, did I ever get a blast of fusel off of this one! Shazam! Holy Don't Light a Match, Batman! Okay, operators and fire extinguishers are now standing by; I am wrapped in a fire retardant blanket; and the beer is in a glass, shimmering at the top from evaporative fumes. I initially noted two fingers' worth of bone-white head, but in the scramble to keep the house from erupting in a paroxysm of flame, it settled into wisps. The nose was reminiscent of the time that my buddy, Fat Ron Thompson, said in his whiskey and cigarette-seared voice, "Yo, Wood, pass me the keys! I'm gonna go over to the fuel dump and gas up the deuce-and-a-half." Being as I had nothing else going and I had never been to the fuel dump, I rode along. Big mistake! Unless you just like the smell of fossil fuel in all of its wonderous forms, this would not be the place for a casual ride-along. My gorge rose upon smelling this beer. It was fit only for propelling motor vehicles. The color was pretty, though. It looked like a sample from the pump - only a few bubbles, a bright golden yellow ... gasoline! Mouthfeel was medium and the taste was less fusel than the nose, but not by a wide margin. I could taste a faint sugariness, but nothing like its counterpart. This was bad news, but from a whole 'nother direction. Finish left me gasping for air. Man, I felt my liver banging on my ribs, my heart was pounding, my hands were shaking ... Out-friggin'-standing! All I needed now was some crack and a whore or maybe just a crack whore to really remind me of what the high life for a low life was all about. Sheesh! Eek, I still have a half-a-CAN left and The CANQuest (TM) Code forbids me from conducting a Drain Pour! Oh, no.

From the CAN: "Slow brewed in limited batches, using only the finest malted barley & selected hops, we believe this to be among the very best beers in the world." Really?!? Do they also believe in the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny? How about buying the Brooklyn Bridge from me, cheap? "Slow brewed for exceptionally smooth flavor". Zounds!

Serving type: can

Reviewed on: 05-09-2010 20:41:27 | id: 1167717

ElCommodoro ( Austin, Texas )

F / 1.13 rDev -120.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1 | feel: 2 | overall: 1

Pours a pale straw yellow with a small white head. Has LOTS of carbonation visible.

Smells strongly of fruit and alcohol. Mostly smells sort of like old berries or perhaps a very sweet wine.

The taste is very distinctive. I don't think this could ever be mistaken for any other malt liquor I've had. The first thing that hits is a strong sweet flavour of expired fruit. That is followed by a chemically alcohol and fusel alcohol flavour and the aftertaste is that of cheap bread. I wish the initial flavour was more akin to the aftertaste. This has a highly chemical taste. It just tastes unnatural, like it wasn't even brewed, but made by some freaky science designed to kill hobos. I'm a fan of the bite in this beer, but I'm too scared of it to buy it again. I feel like it might dissolve my body from the inside. We'll see.

Serving type: can

Reviewed on: 04-26-2011 06:32:02 | id: 1470151

=D

You gotta read the BeerAdvocate reviews for pretty much all the malt liquors, they're all pretty damn funny.

ive drank OE and colt 45. Colt tastes a bit harsher and hoppier by a little. OE is a bit sweeter and smoother. So OE for me

ugh 211 was my "goodmorning sunshine" for a long time ,had 2 have a couple cuz waking up having to force down alcoholdidnt work to well....always throww up half the 1st one or so

Damn people in here are noobs i'm thinkin...

How many times have you drank 211/Steel Reserve to say it's your favorite?

Trash.

You can feel that silver bullet in your head the next morning, every time.

Seriously, it tastes like garbage and gives you the worst hang over.

I think all malt liquor tastes shitty if you drink it too much. I've drank too much Steel Reserve and OE, so to me, Micky's isn't too bad...

Steel reserve does give a pretty bad hangover.

There is this stuff called dog-bite that is sold alongside steel reserves. It is %10 alc. but also gives you a bad hangover.

NSFW:
63623.jpg
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/302/63623

Last edited:
Steel Reserve is just a last resort for me. And I feel horrible when I wake up the next day after I drink some of that.... yuck.