View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals Iboga (scraps)

Mystifeye

Bluelighter
its surprisingly hard to obtain on the web much info on the recreational/educational use of t.iboga. has anyone tried it? what dose did you take and what were your experiences like?
------------------
"out of my mind.. be back in five minutes"
"we all live under the same sky; there is no wrong, there is no right" - Travis
%-}-"===;
"
AIM: MyStifEye1

Better yet, does anyone have any dosing information on VOACANGA AFRICANA?
A lesser known plant that has active alkaloids closely related to ibogaine and should provide the same effect. I believe most of the hallucinogenic alkaloids should be in the seeds. Not to mention this plant is completely legal to grow and possess in the United States as oppossed to Iboga which is illegal.

the major alkaloid in Voacanga seeds seems to be tabersonine...
i think you are still gonna want roots or root bark...

i wonder why its been outlawed in the usa but not here in the uk.
thanx for the link dr. quack. i've read quite a bit about its use in detox but i'm more concerned with immediate subjective effects, specially in doses that aren't mind (and body) explosive.
------------------
out of my mind.. be back in five minutes
"we all live under the same sky; there is no wrong, there is no right" - Travis
%-}-"===;
"
AIM: MyStifEye1

If you can find "The Healing Journey" by Claudio Naranjo, it has chapters on the use of ibogaine in psychotherapy, as well as MDA and harmaline. It is out of print, so good luck.
------------------
"I have discovered that common sense is quite uncommon"-My name here

Yeah sorry that link was cheese. They do have quite a bit there, but experiance reports are about as hard to find as the plant is. I'll let you know if I dig anything up.

I don't know why Iboga was ever outlawed anyways. I can't find anything indicating it was ever popular or a problem.

Here is a little more info for those who might be curious. Sounds like strong ass shit.
From the lycaeum........
In small doses, much like coca leaves in South America, eboka is eaten to stay awake and alert long hunts and canoe trips, which can last two days or more. It is also reported to have aphrodisiacal properties. (The olive-sized yellowish-orange fruits of T. iboga, while not psychoactive, are sometimes used "for barrenness in women".)
In larger amounts, ibogaine acts as a hallucinogen. It causes nausea and vomiting, much like peyote. At this level, it puts the user in an intense, deep trance state in which physical movement is all but impossible. The trance is intensely visual, and ususally manifests as a long journey.
At excessive levels, ibogaine causes convulsions, paralysis and death by arrested respiration. Toxicity levels are weight-related.
Traditionally, the root bark is scraped and dried to a yellowish-brown powder. Sometimes it is mixed with water and drunk, but it is said to be strongest when fresh. Usually it is taken by itself, although some sects use it with marijuana (which is called "yama" or "nkot alok"). The smoke represents the soul leaving the body and traveling to mix with the ancestors'.
"First tier" dosage (for stimulant, nonpsychedelic effects) average around two to three teaspoons for women and three to five teaspoons for men

i've been looking for a decent trip report for this substance for a long time, and somebody finally submitted one on erowid which is incredibly insightful and which everybody should check out. i know you can find this yourself, but http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php3?ID=9430 is worth a look for all those curious about t. iboga. definitely makes me much more interested than ever before in obtaining some of this drug and trying it for myself...
for anyone who has read this report, does his report of the earth keeping these two alternate dimensions in check remind you at all of andrew weil's theory of the sun and the moon?

Tihkal has an intresting tid bit on this....
Tihkal p.488] "as the hallucinogenic dose appears to be several times higher than the stimulant dose, the user must endure intense and unpleasant central stimulation in order to experience the hallucinogenic effects".

I wonder if someone could detail a prep for the rootbark for us newbies? I for one would be much obliged.

Thanks but I've looked at these, and specifically I am wondering how much root to use and how to cook it to acheive the powerful hallucinatory effect which is supposed to make one relive their entiore past for 48 hours. I could care less about Ibogaine and its commercial treatments for drug addicts and I could care more about how it opens one spiritually to ones causational being for self examination and perhaps knowlede, etc... But thanks for the links. Surely someone knows first hand the path to take.

A very informative read on Iboga is in thr book "Breaking open the head" by Daniel Pinchbeck.

follow this link to his info

He went to africa and participated in the african rituals surrounding it's use.

I just got to thumg through it at a bookstore but the focus seenms to be on Iboga in the book.

And if you are in the area, an excellent documentary:

Wednesday, June 18 -
Reel Indie Film - The Edge - The Ibogaine Story, Report On The Staten Island Project (Independent Film) @ 7:00 p.m. $5
The Wallflower Gallery
10 N.E. 3rd St. in Downtown Miami, FL 33132

Well, phosphene_glow, u have raw root bark? Then it's hard to say exact dose because a raw root bark contains varying amounts of the alkaloids. But maybe these 5x extract dosages helps you somehow.

0,5 — 1 gram: Mainly stimulant and aphrodisiac properties. Little or no visual imagery. This is a valuable experience in itself. For those who wish to use the extract for treating drug dependency this small dosage is also appropriate for testing for possible allergic reactions and other undesirable effects. Thus it is possible to screen out individuals for whom larger dosages may not be appropriate.

1 — 3 grams: Mellow euphoric trip with possibilities for visual imagery, visualisations, access to genetic memory and materials from the "collective unconscious", dissolution of space-time restrictions, and reintegration of consciousness.

3-6 grams: Maximum safe dosage range. Possibilities for near-death experiences and other deep spiritual experiences resulting in a basic reorientation of consciousness.

So maybe 2-5 grams of raw root bark could be a good dose to start on.

WOW, is the raw root bark that strong then? But that's just the bark right. Like if one has whole root then does one scrape the bark off? Or do you mean the whole root? Jesus, I was thinking of simmering and drinking the whole 50 grams of ground whole root and drinking that. Would it have killed me?