• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tramadol with codeine

brasil

Bluelighter
Is it safe to administer 0.5 grams of tramadol with a 600mgs of codeine?
I know it's kinda hardcore, but i have huge tolerance with both medications...
Can somebody give an advice?

Technically the short answer is no. Anything over 400mg of Tramadol at once is considered to be not safe. I took Tramadol almost daily for a year and was up to 3-4 grams per day, if not more. The one night I took 600mg, laid down, and almost chewed my tongue off from a gran mal seizure.

I would watch out abusing tram the levels for abuse are a bit in the shaking dance territory, like a fool I consumed 700mg at once in a movie and got my ass hospitalized

both tramadol and codeine are known to lower the seizure threshold more than other opioids....so i going to have to say no. unless you got an anticonvulsant laying around like klonopin...yumm....

Technically the short answer is no. Anything over 400mg of Tramadol at once is considered to be not safe. I took Tramadol almost daily for a year and was up to 3-4 grams per day, if not more. The one night I took 600mg, laid down, and almost chewed my tongue off from a gran mal seizure.

Is the seizure risk really that severe in doses over 400 mg's?What if someone has been on it for a long time,does tolerance develop to this effect?
I know this is a harm reduction place and everyone is just making sure everyone is safe,but I (from my own use with tramadol which is quite a bit actually)find the 400 mg seizure thing to be quite exaggerrated,though I'd still advise people to take it easy and never take massive doses over 400 milligrams.

Is the seizure risk really that severe in doses over 400 mg's?What if someone has been on it for a long time,does tolerance develop to this effect?
I know this is a harm reduction place and everyone is just making sure everyone is safe,but I (from my own use with tramadol which is quite a bit actually)find the 400 mg seizure thing to be quite exaggerrated,though I'd still advise people to take it easy and never take massive doses over 400 milligrams.

For the average person, no, surpassing 400mg a bit within a 24 hour period won't result in a seizure. But, there are those less tolerant and more likely to have a seizure from this drug. So, if the question is whether or not taking 500mg of tramadol at once is "safe" then the rule of thumb answer is absolutely not. Being a harm reduction site, no other simple answer is appropriate in my opinion.

That being said, I, and many others, have gotten away with surpassing the 400mg daily limit. I have many times. But also, one night it caught up to me. And that night, a 600mg dose was enough. This was after around a year of taking tramadol daily almost, and my tolerance had dramatically raised. The point is that, even with a tolerance, this drug can be unpredictable, and bite you in the ass. Lucky for me, besides severe tongue pain for about a week, I came out of the seizure ok.

If you must take higher doses of tramadol, I highly recommend mixing it with a benzo/barbituate etc.

thismighthurtabit has pretty much spelled it out for you OP and I can't put it any better than he can. Even if you do decide to ignore the risks would you be able to enjoy the experience knowing the dangers that you are putting yourself through?

I think the best advice I can offer is to find a new way to spend your time.