• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Hydrocodone extraction and evaporation

PoppyLlama

Bluelighter
So for the last few hours I have been doing a CWE on 15 vicodin (10/325s) the CWE went well, and afterwards I didn't want to drink it because I had a full stomach and this usually ruins oral opiates for me. Now the vicodins I get are the little yellow ones, they are really nice I like them alot.

So I was hoping for some nice hydrocodone powder (obviously there would be some paracetamol in it) to snort/plug/eat or whatever. But instead I had this crystallized yellow shit, so what I ended up doing was putting it into a scientific beaker with maybe 3-4 mL of water in it. Heated the crap out of it with a lighter and swirled the water around in it, some of the mass dissolved into the water and some of it was still yellow chunks, I drew up the water into my 4mL needleless syringe I use for plugging. I tasted the water first to make sure it had hydro in it and it was very, very bitter, so I plugged it! I then put some water in the beaker and drank the remaining stuff in there.

In the end it seems to have worked pretty damn well. I feel like I took maybe like 90 or 100 mgs, so I obviously know I lost quite a bit of alkaloids but I'm not too concerned, I definitely feel really good however I won't be doing this again.

But anyway, what was it that caused the stuff leftover after the evaporation to be a gunk that turned into a yellow crystal? Was it the coloring in the pills? How do other people normally do their evaporations after CWEs?

Last edited:
I actually ended up doing this again tonight, I'm bored and I like to experiment with things. once again I ended up with some whitish yellow crystals. Not as much as last time, but I only used ten 10/325s tonight. So I evaporated almost all of the water til there was just a couple mL left, then I poured it out onto a plate and let it evaporate that way, as the crystals formed they were a bright white color, but the yellow liquid slowly hardened all over the plate, causing the end product to be yellow. I see that the food coloring does not dissolve in oils, do you think there is some way to remove the "D&C yellow no. 10 aluminum lake" from the product so as to have hydrocodone crystals at the end of the process?

does anybody have any input? or is this a boring topic?

just scanned ur posts but yes, the yellow residue is from the coloring in the pills.
(and while i can't see much point to wanting to pursue it, i'd say you're wasting your time aiming to remove the coloring, it's just a cwe so you can't get it that perfect)
//oh i have the same liking for an empty stomach whenever taking anything - i'd rather do a proper CWE w/o excess fluid (safer that way, too!), and just drink my juice at the end. it hits an empty stomach somethin fierce ;P

yeah I dunno I just get bored and enjoy experimenting with drugs lol

but yeah last night I looked up all the ingredients in the Watson 853 10/325 vicodins
Hydrocodone Bitartrate - soluble in water
Acetaminphen - negligable solubility in water
Croscarmellose Sodium - soluble in water
crospovidone - insoluble in water
magnesium stearate - negligable solubility in water
povidone - soluble in water
starch - soluble in water
D&C Yellow 10 - soluble in water

hydrocodone melting point: 198C / 388.4*F

I don't understand why the yellow crystals are a problem at all? Unless ur final product is gooey, jelly, not completely dry etc... then why can't you snort/plug or eat it like u would w/out the yellow color.
Instead of using high temperatures for prolonged periods of time to get the yellow out, just ignore it and appreciate the better yield from using less heat

Hi Poppyllama,

The colouring isn't a problem as it is meant to be ingested. I believe what you are also asking about is why you are getting large crystals as opposed to a fine powder. This actually has to do with the speed of recrystallization. The slower the rate the larger the crystals. If you wanted you could evaporate with a little heat under a vaccuum and get much finer crystals or if you used a large flat pan you would likely get the same results as the rate of evaporation would be faster. What would be even simpler is to use only a few cc of water thereby eliminating all the APAP and getting only a couple mg of almost pure hydrocodone salt. If you read through the CWE megathread there are a few procedures of how this can be accomplished.