• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe how long after snorting fentanyl can i snort some bupe?

tyler5

Bluelighter
hey there,

i am 99% sure the opiate i am using, is 3-methylfentanyl [wiki link here]. it is in very light brown powder form. no chunks, or rocks. just very fine equal colored powder.

i use about 0.3-0.4g of this powder a day. i smoke it, always.
been doing it about 10 months total. first 5-6 months snorted, then found out that the effects of smoking are so-so much better :\

im in a Scandinavian country and this thing an epidemic here.
no heroin, no other opiates, no nothing.
only fentanyl and subutex/suboxone.
and everybody bangs them, esp. subutex. believe it or not, its even more popular than amphetamines (and amphs have been popular in Scandinavia for decades and on..)

enough about the boring introduction and the babbling. heres my question:

i would just like to know - how long do i have to wait after the last fentanyl dosage to take my first 2mg sub nasally (i have a white K8 tablet that i broke into four pieces).
ive got many friends who say that 4-5 hours is plenty and not only will there be no wd's but i will also get high off the 2mg bupe if i snort it.
so what do i do? im very afraid of the wd's.

any help would be very appreciated

as you people can probably already comprehend, English is definitely not my first language of expression, so if anything is not understandable or if i left out any necessary information, please just ask away.

i really need to know when i can start using these white K8 tabs. btw is it possible to know whether they're subutex or suboxone?

i intend to use as little as possible. my friends said it would be a good idea to take the K8 tab and cut it in 8 pieces. i failed at that and ended up with 4.
well, 4x2mg instead of 8x1mg is not too bad of an outcome, i think.

how long should i wait before i can take my first 2mg sniff of this bupe?
how long will it keep the fent wd's at bay and does it even make me feel somewhat normal, if so, for approx. how long?

please let me know all i should know concerning in my circumstance.

thanks a bunch ;)

Last edited:
The general rule of thumb, is wait until you start feeling w/d symptoms. Fent has a very short half life compared to most opiates, but regardless, the rule of thumb is still the best way to know when to doze the bupe.

Also, there is the Mega thread on this substance, which has nearly all info on bupe you would ever need to know. And if you have future questions about bupe, they should be directed here:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=574677

thank You, i will surely print this whole thread and all the pages containing to it and read it over a week or so. There is just too much info to process at once esp. now that i need an answer rather quickly. But i sincerely thank You for the link to that huge wealth of knowledge.

Can someone just tell me, theoretically, in their opinion, considering their experiences, is 4-5 hours enough after the last dose of fentanyl (powder form, smoked) to consume 1/4 of a 8mg suboxone/subutex tablet intranasally? the 8mg tab is white and looks like a stop sign.

Probably not. When I do fent, I get the sweats at night. That's that's the extent of my withdrawal. I'd wait a day. I'd recommend at least wait tilll tomorrow. But really, just listen to your body, and like above poster said: the general rule of thumb is wait until you're in full WDs, then administer the Suboxone.

thank You, You two people for taking the time to answer my questions. Much appreciated. :)
i still havent gotten the courage to take the first step, so far im still smoking my fent. this > wiki link

how much suboxone should i take at first? i have a few K8 white suboxone's.
should i first use it intranasally or let it melt under my tongue?
should i start with 2mg nasally, 2mg under the tongue or a larger dose altogether?

how long can i use subs without becoming physically dependent on them?
im not sure if i want to start to use them long term although feeling ok throughout the day and being addicted to something that doesnt cost an arm and a leg (<snip>).

Thank You in advance for Your answers

Last edited by a moderator:
how much suboxone should i take at first? i have a few K8 white suboxone's.
Probably the maximum you will need is 2mg.

how long can i use subs without becoming physically dependent on them?
You are already dependent on fentynal. Subs and fent act on the same part of the brain so you are replacing the fent with the subs. You are dependent on opioids in general and it does not matter that much which one you take.

im not sure if i want to start to use them long term although feeling ok throughout the day and being addicted to something that doesnt cost an arm and a leg
Subs last a long time as well so you can slowly taper down.

Probably the maximum you will need is 2mg.
Subs and fent act on the same part of the brain so you are replacing the fent with the subs. You are dependent on opioids in general and it does not matter that much which one you take.

Subs last a long time as well so you can slowly taper down.

i, know that. ;)
its not like im a complete newbie, just that ive never used subs before.
dont know what dosage to start with and how long can i use them to taper me off of fent and then how long can i use the subs without experiencing any wd from the subs themselves?

if i use them a week and for the last 4 days use doses of 1mg, 0.5mg, 0.25mg and then 0.1mg (although im not sure how i can break that 8mg tab into such small pieces), will i be ok or is a week enough to make me dependent on subs?
or did you mean that, because im already addicted to fent, it doesnt really matter how long ill be using the subs, im already addicted to them by default.

the reason im going to start using subs is to get rid of the fent habit but without going through the wd. i def. dont want to switch the fent wd for the bupe wd so thats why im worried that i dont want to the subs any longer than i have to. thats all ;)

im really sorry for all the newbness. :\
where im from, theres only powder fentanyl and liquid methadone.
so not much knowledge about subs going around. 8)

I'd recommend waiting 12-24 hours before touching suboxone... There is little in this world more painful than going into precipitated withdrawals... The buprenorphine will literally rip the Fentanyl off your Mu receptors... Instant full blown withdrawals.

I personally can stop subs with ease and I was on a management plan of 16mg a day with the pharmacist watching me take them sublingually... That was shit, so I stopped the subs and I'm fine :)

I always had the most success taking them under my tongue. Many will argue the intranasally is more efficient, both because the BA is higher, and there is little to no additional risk when going this route. And the argument is valid.

With fentanyl's low half life, I would say 12 hours would probably be sufficient. But, the longer you wait the better.

Also, buprenorphine is very underrated by both many users and even Drs as well. Many people take doses much higher than needed. Both by there own decision, and also regularly under the care of a physician. I never seemed to need more than 2mg to fight off the w/d symptoms, even when I had a 160-320mg /day oxy habit. But everyone's body is different. Start low, wait an hour or longer, and redose a little at a time if needed.

^^ +1.

I hate that i'm on a maintenance plan where I have to take all 16mg at once every day...

Yeah that's pretty counterproductive in my head, to an extent. I understand bupe can be a God-send in comparison to methadone, but still. I know in drug terms that bupe is incredibly new still. But enough studies, along with clinical trial and errors have gone on to prove that larger doses are often totally unnecessary. But I'm not a doctor, so what do I know?

First time I took bupe combined with xanax it blew me away I thought shit this is like a full agonist and i'm getting it legally? Then as my dose went up and up and time went by it just keeps me normal.

Yeah that's pretty counterproductive in my head, to an extent. I understand bupe can be a God-send in comparison to methadone, but still. I know in drug terms that bupe is incredibly new still. But enough studies, along with clinical trial and errors have gone on to prove that larger doses are often totally unnecessary. But I'm not a doctor, so what do I know?

(Smartest answer)