View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What does Ketamine feel like?

Flowing1

Greenlighter
I want to try it for my first time at EDC this year, normally I would just roll but this is a special occasion, so I want to try something new. Ive heard different things from different people, some say you move slow and it gives you an out of body feel, and others said it gives you alot of energy and makes you want to move. I definitely want the second one! If it is the first though whats a better option or something to mix with?

It doesn't give a lot of energy or makes you want to move unless you keep the dose really low and try it in a social settings. On higher doses even if you wanted to move; you can't.

For me it feels serene, distant, surreal, wonderful, strange, weird, bizarre, absurdistic, confusing, deep;

It makes you body feel buzzing, numbed and tingling in a good way; your sense of dinstance and time are very messed up, vision becomes blurred, covered in static that can be colourful at times, especially with eyes closed and it might double up, it slows down and the number of frames slow down and you might see tracers. Not like a classical psychedelic but on higher doses definatly quite an intense effect. If you take a sufficient high dose your senses will be blocked off and you'll experience an inner world much like lucid dreaming (also on lower doses I can get the most amazing dark coloured but beautifully serene closed eye visuals of landscapes, people and I'll fly through those, all very surreal, in a dark room with eyes open and the right music everything can look so surreal and strange, wonderful), this is were people have the out of body stuff. You might also feel moving, tilting over, spinning but not in a dizzying way, especially with eyes closed you may not know what is up down, left, right, time, distance, future, past, meaning, reality, you, what it means to be human.

On a lower dose you just feel serene, comfortable, numb, strange and tingly though.

Personally, I love the feeling; ketamine is a dissociative so its not a downer or upper at all, somewhat of a psychedelic but not in the classical sense. It can give deep and meaningful psychedelic experiences but can also easily be taken casually or even in social settings in lower doses. A low to medium dose can be wonderful to dance on, you might not gain much energy but you won't be sleepy; it can keep you awake for a decent extra few hours if you redose often enough.

For a feeling of what it feels like; I wrote, created and sang a song about ketamine, and more people that did NOT know it was about ketamine said 'it sounds like ketamine', it might give an impression words could not. http://soundcloud.com/azgaza/faceinthestatic Here's my ketamine song. Sorry for spamming my song :p

Also, look up trip reports on erowid, they can give a good indication (or read mine :p I'm also azgaza on there; if you perform a search for azgaza + ketamine in the erowid trip reports vault you should find mine. Here's a link to erowid: www.erowid.org

And read the ketamine topics, this tread may be merged or closed. Also bluelight has a nice search function and wikipedia isn't too useless either :)

It doesn't give a lot of energy or makes you want to move unless you keep the dose really low and try it in a social settings. On higher doses even if you wanted to move; you can't.

For me it feels serene, distant, surreal, wonderful, strange, weird, bizarre, absurdistic, confusing, deep;

It makes you body feel buzzing, numbed and tingling in a good way; your sense of dinstance and time are very messed up, vision becomes blurred, covered in static that can be colourful at times, especially with eyes closed and it might double up, it slows down and the number of frames slow down and you might see tracers. Not like a classical psychedelic but on higher doses definatly quite an intense effect. If you take a sufficient high dose your senses will be blocked off and you'll experience an inner world much like lucid dreaming (also on lower doses I can get the most amazing dark coloured but beautifully serene closed eye visuals of landscapes, people and I'll fly through those, all very surreal, in a dark room with eyes open and the right music everything can look so surreal and strange, wonderful), this is were people have the out of body stuff. You might also feel moving, tilting over, spinning but not in a dizzying way, especially with eyes closed you may not know what is up down, left, right, time, distance, future, past, meaning, reality, you, what it means to be human.

On a lower dose you just feel serene, comfortable, numb, strange and tingly though.

Personally, I love the feeling; ketamine is a dissociative so its not a downer or upper at all, somewhat of a psychedelic but not in the classical sense. It can give deep and meaningful psychedelic experiences but can also easily be taken casually or even in social settings in lower doses. A low to medium dose can be wonderful to dance on, you might not gain much energy but you won't be sleepy; it can keep you awake for a decent extra few hours if you redose often enough.

For a feeling of what it feels like; I wrote, created and sang a song about ketamine, and more people that did NOT know it was about ketamine said 'it sounds like ketamine', it might give an impression words could not. http://soundcloud.com/azgaza/faceinthestatic Here's my ketamine song. Sorry for spamming my song :p

Also, look up trip reports on erowid, they can give a good indication (or read mine :p I'm also azgaza on there; if you perform a search for azgaza + ketamine in the erowid trip reports vault you should find mine. Here's a link to erowid: www.erowid.org

And read the ketamine topics, this tread may be merged or closed. Also bluelight has a nice search function and wikipedia isn't too useless either :)

Damnnnn ittt, see thats what I dont want, I want something thats going to give me alot of energy, not coke though cause thats too expensive to maintain all night, what do you think I should do?

good mix BTW my only suggestion would be more levels of drop, its too consistent for 3 mins

Damnnnn ittt, see thats what I dont want, I want something thats going to give me alot of energy, not coke though cause thats too expensive to maintain all night, what do you think I should do?

Have you looked into 2C-I?
I found that to be pretty energetic.

Have you looked into 2C-I?
I found that to be pretty energetic.

Yea def agree. I bet 2CI will be more your cup of tea. Energetic. Cosmic zen-like mindspace that more quiets extraneous thoughts than trigger them (unlike many psychedelics), cool if shallow visual effects (major tracers on 25mg doses, much less apparent on lower amounts, brighter colors, super crisp vision, etc), and little to zero and possibly even negative headfuck (as in seems to make me hyper-logical almost Vulcan, haha).

Yea def agree. I bet 2CI will be more your cup of tea. Energetic. Cosmic zen-like mindspace that more quiets extraneous thoughts than trigger them (unlike many psychedelics), cool if shallow visual effects (major tracers on 25mg doses, much less apparent on lower amounts, brighter colors, super crisp vision, etc), and little to zero and possibly even negative headfuck (as in seems to make me hyper-logical almost Vulcan, haha).

Am I the only one who finds it very possible to get into a negative mindset on 2C-I when taken in the wrong setting? It doesn't happen all the time but I find it can cause me to over think things and get stuck in loops particular when surrounded by people who aren't on the same wavelength.

You'll be wobbly, everything seems strange and distant, your thoughts go to outer space, ..

Around a certain level it sort of reminded me of being very drunk but much more clearheaded and without the negative effects such as nausea, dizziness and mental retardation. I don't mean that it's similar to alcohol at all though. Its more like if a single aspect of alcohol-effects was filtered out, that would I think feel similar to ketamine. (Afaik alcohol is NMDA-antagonist at high doses)

This is exactly how I'd describe it. It's amazing but not quite what youre looking for for edc unless you keep the doses small.

Take the right dose and youll be rolling around on the ground grunting, followed by stomping around on all 4s and taking a bite out of your friends leg...

This is how my favorite Ketamine experience went:

I stumbled upon a ketamine bottle after not being able to find it for a year. The last time i did it i just snorted it and this time i decided to IM it. I started with 80 units and had thee BEST 45 minutes of my life. The best I can explain it is that I became God(or a God, who knows ha). I was a single point in an eternity of blackness and it was pure BLISS. I suddenly understood all the inconceivable questions of life (such as eternity and death) and it seemed to last an eternity while happening. It was the best drug experience i've ever had even though i obviously can't understand now everything I seemed to understand while being the K God.

Like what you thought weed was going to do to you when you were 8 years old, and what you thought E's did when you were 14. Major hallucinations, prompted by your own actions. Wave your hands, your hands melt and the ceiling seperates. Listen to dubstep, a dank and heavy atmosphere takes over.... It's an amazing drug.

This is how my favorite Ketamine experience went:

I stumbled upon a ketamine bottle after not being able to find it for a year. The last time i did it i just snorted it and this time i decided to IM it. I started with 80 units and had thee BEST 45 minutes of my life. The best I can explain it is that I became God(or a God, who knows ha). I was a single point in an eternity of blackness and it was pure BLISS. I suddenly understood all the inconceivable questions of life (such as eternity and death) and it seemed to last an eternity while happening. It was the best drug experience i've ever had even though i obviously can't understand now everything I seemed to understand while being the K God.

I absolutely love this description @.@

I wouldn't recommend doing 2c-i or other stimulant psychedelics in 100 degree weather, which is what is projected for EDC this year. I know it might be shitty, but... stay safe first? More classical psychedelics are probably alright but I vaguely remember reading somewhere that 2c-i has very stimmy properties and that does not bode well while dancing to electronic music in 100 degrees. At least make sure to stay absolutely hydrated if you must.