PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-HO-DiPT Thread

Neural Shock

Bluelighter

Welcome to the Big & Dandy 4-HO-DiPT Thread

200px-4-HO-DIPT.SVG.png

At this moment you can consider this an archive on both 4-HO-DiPT and 4-AcO-DiPT, however discussion is now split up
even if 4-HO vs. 4-AcO discussion is inevitable and allowed in both threads where relevant.

Find the brand new 4-AcO-DiPT thread here!

original post:

Firstly, has anyone here got any experience with this family of chemicals ?
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/4_acetoxy_dipt/4_acetoxy_dipt_primer.shtml
http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/tihkal/tihkal17.shtml

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, the two are NOT necessarily one and the same, what I'd be interested to know is if there's anyone who may have tried both and can contrast and compare. It's really pure theory that the acetoxy might be converted to hydroxy before having a chance to hit the brain. Hell, wasn't it only recently that they were even able to prove psilocybin converts to psilocin?

is it true what they say about the "uncontrollable shuddering" on this substance???

what is this about shuddering? i've heard of the infamous 'jelly legs'..does that apply to the 4-HO-DiPT or 4-AcO-DiPT or both?

I personally don't think they are alike from the sounds of the reports, but I as of yet have not sampled either material. If anything, the acetoxy seems to last longer and this may reflect the possibility that it is converted in the body to 4-Ho-DiPT to become active. Thus, this conversion would both slow down the onset and lengthen the comedown which, from the reports, seems to be happening. 4-Ho-DiPT trips (according to TIHKAL) do not last longer than 2.5 to 3 hours. That factor alone can end up changing the very nature of the trip all together.

A friend of mine has extensive experience with 4-aco-dipt. For what it's worth, he says the experience is remarkably similar to the report given by Shulgin for 4-ho-dipt, except that the aco version lasts a lot longer. Excellent, excellent substance.

nada rylnym said:
what is this about shuddering? i've heard of the infamous 'jelly legs'..does that apply to the 4-HO-DiPT or 4-AcO-DiPT or both?

Read the TIHKAL entry on 4-Ho-DiPT, it is talked about. I've also heard it mentioned in 4-AcO-DiPT reports.

Interestingly enough, I have experienced what I believe to be the same shuddering on 4-AcO-DET. One time the trembeling was so severe I became quite alarmed. I don't recall experiencing it the last few times though.

In TIHKAL, Shulgin lists a dosage of 4-Ho-DiPT to be 15 to 20 mg. That dosage though sounds a bit on the low-side for a 4-AcO-DiPT trip. Most people seem to report the best effects for 4-AcO-DiPT are in the 30 to 40 mg range. Do you guys think this is just a case of Shulgin recommending dosages on the low side, or is maybe 4-Ho-DiPT is a bit more potent than its acetoxy ester.

Anyone have any personal experience with 4-Ho-DiPT? I am going to experiment with this compound in the coming weeks and I don't want to take too much.

i haven't tried 4-ho-dipt, but i did have a couple tries with the 4-aco.

first, this was with several different people. average onset time was around 20min +/- 5. it lasted over 4 hours peak, 6 hours total. highest dosage was 35mg with no booster, lowest was 10mg.

i was the 35mg, and that was far too much for me. maybe i'm just sensitive. i usually have a high threashold for tryptamines, but this could be. however, no one we tripped with was willing to go over 25mg a second time, everyone agreed it was too much.

See, your trip lasted so much longer than 4-Ho-DiPT trips are supposed to last. Shulgin made such a big deal about how short the 4-Ho-DiPT was. He said little action at 2.5 hr and nothing at 3 hr. I think 4-AcO-DiPT and 4-Ho-DiPT are fairly different drugs as far as effects go. I'll prolly start with 15 mg of 4-Ho-DiPT to be safe. I can always try more some other time. I wish I had some of the Aco to compare with.

^^^
that may well be, i don't deny that. however, i have found that shulgin's times are off frequently, sometimes by a little, sometimes more. i use his times as very loose guidelines, and usually plan for an extra hour or two on new ones.

please do let us know after your experiment, i'd love to have some 4-ho data to compare against my 4-aco.

peace

4-Ho-DiPT

and such a tight steep response curve! even if Shulgin is off on the dose, and is going low, you have to admit the tight steep response curve is interesting, perhaps it is just a really potent tryptamine. based on the THIKAL entry, personal experience, educated guessing and a random tossing of chicken bones I would consider trying 16mg for a first go with 4-Ho-DiPT. The 15mg seemed barely threshold, and its so short acting, what's another mg.

My psychadelic past: Ive used shrooms, mescaline, lsd, mdma, mda all in the past.

Of the research chems Ive only tried 4-ho-dipt.

I find the reports on erowid and shulgins report are very close to what I have experienced.

Ive tried 20mg, 20mg boosted with 10mg an hour later, and 25mg at the start. These were all seperate times.

More or less effects start at 15 minutes and by 40 minutes it is peaking or close to it. At 2.5-3 hours things are almost baseline. At 5 hours sleeping is not a problem. It comes in waves so the peak is hard to know for sure.

One thing Ive run into with 4-ho-dipt is that it oxidized very quickly. I put measured 500mg into 100mL of distilled water. Originally this was kept in a dark cupboard. After a day the water was not clear looking and was now dark, almost like grape juice.

Myself and another have both experienced 4-ho-dipt since then and the fact that the solution darkened doesnt appear to make any difference. It may have even sped up the onset. I will know for sure after more research.

Highly recomended

Last edited:
^^
fascinating. such rapid onset is very interesting to me. did the 20mg+10mg booster experience differ much in total length and depth of effects from the 25mg at the start? typical tryptamine gastro effects?

nada rylnym said:
^^
fascinating. such rapid onset is very interesting to me. did the 20mg+10mg booster experience differ much in total length and depth of effects from the 25mg at the start? typical tryptamine gastro effects?

As far as sides go.. a little bit of a bloated feeling.. a few chills here and there but nothing like I had when on acid. a lot of energy in the legs and feet (also had this with acid).

the time I tried 20mg alone was my least favorite but it was still good. I wanted to see how the come up and come down was without the booster. This was also on an empty stomach.

I liked the 22.5mg dose better, the little bit extra goes a long way. The experience is good enough that I don't see much point in pushing the envelope with more. Im guessing that the bad trip report on erowid (trembling) that they had too much or a different substance.. In that report, they "eyeballed" 20mg.. I wouldn't even try that. and measured out 500mg on a friends scale before mixing with 100mL distilled water.

with 20mg and 10mg booster I had eaten about an hour before ingestion. It was great. a nice body buzz, warm feeling, happy. After experiencing the chem a couple other times with only one dose (no booster) the duration is roughly the same. Once the effects are gone Im left feeling a little wired.. but nothing to complain about.

the first time, (20mg + 10mg booster at 1hr) I took at 10:00pm, and was asleep in bed by 3:30am.

the time I took 22.5mg, ingested at 8:02 and was asleep before 1am. This is good since I am normally quite the insomniac and have hard time falling asleep.

Also, I found the experience is very similar to the reports of BOTH 4-acetoxy-dipt and 4-ho-dipt.

To me it looks like 4-ace-dipt has a higher dosage, later onset, and longer duration, but the essense of the trip is the same. (only based on info I've read on here and the resources on erowid)

^^^^^^^^

In your opinion, is this chemical a 'good one', or more of a novelty? By good one, I don't just mean that if feels good or is fun, but is actually a valid and reliable psychedelic (mind expanding) drug? Is there substance to it?

morninggloryseed said:
^^^^^^^^

In your opinion, is this chemical a 'good one', or more of a novelty? By good one, I don't just mean that if feels good or is fun, but is actually a valid and reliable psychedelic (mind expanding) drug? Is there substance to it?

I think that this drug has a function in mind expansion. It seems that the mind stays pretty clear through the experience but it is easy to close your eyes, sit back, let go, and just take it all in. I like that I didnt have any negative thoughts while on except for a fleeting thought here and there on what it would be like if it got too intense or if I werent able to handle it.

At some points action seem almost predefined. Like my mind is following what my body is set to do and I am thinking and analyzing everything in the meantime. Others have mentioned things similar to this in the trip reports.

There are times where I realize that I stopped in the middle of something and have to re-figure out what Im doing.

One example was that I decided to come to bluelight to check out the forum while trippin and never made it past my home page. I had the address field typed in and highlighted and needed to press enter..but I was just gettin off on the visuals I was getting off of the text on the screen.

Also I notice that Im in a generally good mood for days following this. before the first instance I was "in a funk" and had a "blah" attitude for a few weeks.. Afterwards I've chilled out some and feel that my head is actually more clear than before..

This isnt a drug that is going to let you meet god, at least not in my experience. I think to reach that point you've got to be so far off that all emotions are running wild and you're on the edge of control. I felt that I had control throughout the experience.

It definately has a nice body buzz and worthwhile visuals. It also feels like it has a strong sensual side to it as well. I haven't had the opportunity to have intercourse on it yet but I anticipate it would be amazing. There were times where just breathing deep with eyes closed and listening to music was almost orgasmic.

Since my last post I tried 4-ho-dipt with my girlfriend.

She has used MDMA several times but nothing in the lsd, shroom field, let alone rc's.

When taking it, we both went with 20mg.

I had the same results as each other time, as mentioned above. I still feel this is a mild drug. At least when I take it (5 times so far).

My girlfriend had a different experience. The trip started in about 15 minutes with a strong body load. She was feeling tired and felt that if the tired feeling went away she'd be alright. It seemed the little effects that I would feel were exaggerated on her. While I'd feel a little anxious, a little tired, etc, she would go through periods where these symptoms bothered her.

About 1.5 hours later the body load/ tired feeling cleared and the trip really started.

She experienced more of a mind fuck than I had and her emotions were running wild. From anxious to angry to sensual to fear all in rapid rates. She was getting visual hallucinations that were overwhelming, at times she wasn't sure what was real and what wasn't. She also was getting audio hallucinations and hearing people talk to her.

After smoking a bowl of bud she went into a relaxed floating orgasm laying on a couch that went for about 5 minutes. This part she loved but the rest was a nightmare for her.

Her opinion was that the drug opened up parts of her that should be secret. She didn't like the journey it brought her on.

While this was happening I was feeling alright, not necessarily feeling great because I was dealing with a lot of mental stress with her having a bad trip.

She was worried she'd be stuck in this state (reminds me of times when friends had a bad acid trip).. I stated a time before we took it that we'd be asleep by 3am (took it at 10pm). Time was moving very slowly. At 2:30 she was still talking crazy but more calmed down and waiting for sleep. At 2:35 it pretty much shut off and she fell asleep.

One thing I am thankful for is the fast nature of this drug.

I wouldn't recommend to my anybody who isnt versend in psychadelia because everybody is going to react differently.

I still like it but will second guess any more use of 4-ho-dipt because I don't "trust" it as much as before.

I have found the 4-Acetoxy-DiPT has a VERY steep dosage response curve.

Here are some notes that I ran across....

20mg resulted in a very mild, friendly, short-lived trip on the order of about 4 hours. Very warm and cozy. Not threatening in any way. Nice synesthesia with music. Unusual note... the trip seemed to have 2 peaks. Interesting.

22.5mg - Powerful trip and much longer in duration (6h or so) than the 20mg dose. Perfect in every way, but at times it was almost overwhelming. I was there! Full understanding. One-ness. (++++) Again, this trip also had 2 definite peaks. I could feel the end of the plateau.... twice. Quite strange.

That 22.5mg trip resulted in some 17 pages of handwritten notes that I am in the process of converting into a report and will one day, if Im lucky, post it on Erowid.

It has been 3 years since that 22.5mg trip, and I have not felt the urge to taste that one since.

I have personally spoken to several people that have taken 4-Acetoxy-DiPT from the same batch on multiple occasions. They tend to bear out our general supposion that the higher the dose you take of this stuff, the longer the trip tends to be. I chatted with a chap about 2 years back that had take 48mg of 4-Acetoxy-DiPT (I cannot recommend this). I can't locate my notes about the conversation, but to the best of my recollection, he had a trip that lasted about 9 hours!!! He told me it was as strong, if not stronger, than any high-dose acid experience he had ever had.

For the most part, I'm a PEA man. I never really feel like I can catch my groove on tryptamines. But all in all, I would have to say that this is a "good one". Its not fluff. Its a pure, honest, life-changing psychedlic and it should be respected (and enjoyed) with that in mind.

Happy Trails,

DrWild