• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Injecting marijuanja

PhreeX

Bluelight Crew
Some may remember my exploits injecting Salvia (extracted the salvinorin-a into a liquid then injected) .. well, I have a fairly equipt lab setup here, as I like to tinker from time to time (everything is TOTALLY LEGAL of course!) .. so I was thinking I might like maruijuana if I could get around all the aspects I DONT LIKE - most of which come from smoking the horrible stuff...
So, I am thinking I can do just like I did with the salvia - here is my game-plan, lemme know what you think, as marijuana is not easy for me to get, so I don't have much to fuck with..
The first part involves a HARD REFLUX .. I would setup a single-neck round bottom boiling flask, and in it I would add some distilled water (not sure how much) and some marijuana - this marjijuana would be the dankest of dank, the kindest of kind, the skunkest of skunk, and the krippiest of krip, simply put, you want good yeilds, so the higher the THC content .. these would be ground to as fine as possible - maybe a coffee grider? I dunna, I want them to be like POWDER .. there would be enough water to make the reflux possible... the flask found be attached to some stands and placed in a peanut oil bath, attached is a *tall* (Graham) condenser and I would then start ice cold water running thru the apparatus ...
Reflux the HELL out of it for a SOLID 4-5 hours, maybe even more.. thats why I emphisize a TALL condenser, because we would be boiling this like a psycho for so long, we dont wan't to lose any - thats ALSO why I went and got nice coiled Graham condenser (vs say, a liebig) ...
I would then kill the heat but leave the condenser running... once it has cooled down, I would remove the condenser and use a 75(degree) distilling adapter, connect the condenser to that flask and at the other end setup the recieving flask ... again, start running ice cold watre thru your condenser then crank up the heat and distill off whatever layer you can - again, I don't know how this will work as I have not done this with marijuana, only Salvia ...
When done, you should have the THC containing fluid in your recieving flask and the worthless crap in your boilbing flask...
Now, we are working with organics so I would take out THC fluid and filter thru the finest filter paper I could get - actually I would hook up a vacuume to it given that such a fine filter paper would take awhile..
So, after all that, and maybe 2x or 3x filtrations, this fluid SHOULD be injectable...
I need input on this - I admit, I know DICK about marijuana, I mean, its a plant, it grows, you smoke it - don't know how it works, don't know much else about it...
SO... SOMEONE will be able to give some info on this - Roches?
------------------
dot slash 0wn3d

The only obvious problem is that THC is not water soluble... You'd have to find another liquid carrier... an alcohol or oil of some sort... Don't know if any amount of alcohol is something you'd want to inject into yourself or not as I know as much about shooting up as you do about marijuana, actually decidely less: )
------------------
What is freedom? I don't know anymore. Its something so far removed from anything I've ever experienced that I'm not sure I can even comprehend it. Make Freedom A Reality
http://www2.bluelight.ru/ubb/Forum31/HTML/000557.html?reload=0

Man just how bored are you that you have the time to even consider shooting pot?
This is one science experiament i wouldn't do unless i was in Holland.
And why do you not like smoking? Got asathma?
Oh and i'm not bein a dick i just want to know why someone would want to go through all this trouble?
------------------
I LIKE PORK!

OK i can't base this on facts anymore because no matter how hard i try i can;t find the website where i saw this on......anyways this is how this works and maybe somehow you could change it to suit your needs
take a gram of weed and place it into a bottle of grain alcohol. let it sit for a week or two, this lets the THC content of the weed get soaked up by the alcohol, the longer you let it sit the stronger the THC. Once you've figured its sat long enough strain it, to get all the bud out of the alcohol, then strain it again and again until it reaches the purity you desire ( you probably want it really pure) anyways i guess this could be a starter for ya and you can go from here or maybe you know it just won't work but let me know
------------------
~I can't explain myself, I'm afraid Sir, because I'm not myself you see....
~For I will seduce you and make you my slave, I've sent men much stronger than you to their graves.

They sell THC powder in amsterdam (Greenhouse Cafe I guess)...I don't know if this helps......

PhreeX:
One thing to think about: be careful if the weed has been sprayed with insecticide. You may be injecting DDT.

First off thanks to all who made this new forum possible....I think it will be very cule....
I knew a guy who for a time would shoot hash oil as is. He ended up with a nasty abscess as one might expect and gave up the practice shortly after. Although you may extract THC you will be extracting all sorts of other organic crap right?. I think to do it safely you would need to not only extract the THC but isolate, and put into a solution. I have no idea how that works….all I can remember about Chem. 101 is moles over moles = balanced equation, and mine were rarely balanced. Hehehehe….I will poke around and see what turns up. Interesting idea…….I would rather smoke it, but then again I like smoking it. This should be a fun challenge.

Wow, this forum has already helped me! Someone in my area agreed to come over and be a (hypothetical) lab partner... so soon we might actually have a Guide to IV Marijuana Use!
Why don't I like smoking you asked? Simple, first the smoke is harsh, even with a water bong filled with ice, and some high-quality weed, it was simply to harsh... burn my throat, made my eyes water - not fun at all... then I spent the next 5 minutes coughingm, which the other pot heads that was funny ... this could be a turning point foir the other pot heads!
------------------
# unzip ; strip ; touch ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ; umount ; sleep

Hey Phreex,
Interesting Idea!
You are on the right track, but your procedure might use some tweaking to maximize yields and stuff...
First - Purist love is right, THC is not water solubable. This means your distillation aparatus needs to have some sorto of organic solvent in it. I think a mixture of benzene and water with a stark trap attached might work well...(that would remove the water too)
Second - Stardust has a pretty good idea, but instead of using grain alcohol, i'd reccomend a low boiling organic solvent - like ethyl ether or maybe acetone...
After letting the mixture sit for a week or so, the THC *should* be dissolved in the organic solvent. If you have access to a rotorary evaporator you could then just remove the solvent and have mostly THC...
Do you have access to column chromatography??? That would make seperation and purification of your product super easy - we don't want anything bad happening to our Phreex! Also don't forget to test for purity!
Do you have a universtiy library near you?
There are a few journal articles which outline this exact process (well, maybe not the injection part...). If not email me and i'll send em to ya PhreeX!
Oh yeah - sound's like you got a pretty good lab setup, i'm jealous...
~Mateo~
------------------
-Work Like You Don't Need The Money-
-Love Like You've Never Been Hurt-
-Dance Like Nobody's Watching-
PLUR and PEACE OUT

Phreex, I don't think it will work. Studies dealing with the medicinal value of marijuana have shown that when doctors tried to substitute pure THC (in pill form) in the place of smoking pot, the effect was to increase pain and nauseau, not alleviate it. So if you inject pure THC into your body, the effects will probably be the same as the patients in the studies.

If I'm not mistaken, or really high, I seem to remember back in the days when I used to read Science Experiment books, I _believe_ that it has something to do with dish soap or somethingto Force oil and Water to Mix. Since THC is an "oil", couldnt that work to mix it into the reflux machine? Who knows, I guess maybe I'll find that book someday...

My dad told me that back in the 60's he had a friend that synthesized (sp?) THC. The result was a white powder that they sniffed. He said one small bump left you stuck to a chair for 3 hours. I have never seen any of this but I am sure it would be a very usefull substance for the experiment.
happy shooting

Don't shoot up oil; it can easily send you into anaphylactic shock.
Phreex, you would be better off purifying oil and vaporizing - much safer.
Also, look around the net for the butane extraction technique. Really low tech, but quite effective, and all you need is some steel pipe and a few cans of butane lighter fluid.

Just vaporize it... heat the THC to make it active and inhale that...
------------------
"Create Your Own Ecstasy and Promote the Good"

Maybe the butane extraction method would work?
No urls but try Rhodium or the Hive.

I would really like to know what the solvent is for salvinorin-a and cannabis. This is the last time I will ask you, Phreex
wink.gif

Has anyone ever heard of EATING the hash these day? Cook it in some fucking brownies and eat the shit.. stop relying on needles for everything..
------------------
AIM: MoondancerKat
"i wish that they'd swoop down in a country lane
late at night when I'm driving
take me on board their beautiful ship
show me the world as I'd love to see it"~ Radiohead, Subterranian Homesick Alien

It's an experiment, people.
And I like needles.
------------------
I don't take drugs. I am drugs.-Salvador Dali

Well since the IV/IM route is the most effcient and cost effective way to use allot of drugs. Some people who want to get the most bang for their buck use this practice. Dont judge someone else by how they want to use their drugs, its personal choice and most of the time they have good reasons too.
------------------
"Wanna get high?" - Towelie