View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

most mind altering drug

dpp

Bluelighter
this most likely should be moved to the psychadelics forum tomarrow... but..
what in your opinion is the most mind altering drug? I'd go with shrooms.. sure acid has a "mind fuck" if you will -- but it's just more you can't think stright. but if you go to a level of shrooms that you've never been before (higher obviously, not lower), it has got to be one of the most profound and confusing moments of your life. I think either mescaline or ketamine might be more, but i haven't had the chance to try either of those yet.
opinions?

In order to get as mentally altered as possible chronic exposure to as great a diversity of centrally active compounds as possible is necessary. Some ppl need to have cannabis with their mushrooms b4 they to really start trippin.

I don't think shrooms, acid, or mescaline would be at the top. It would probably be something like this (in descending order):
Belladonna/Datura (and others in that group)
Salvia (high dose)
DMT
PCP(high dose)
Psilocybin (high dose)
LSD (high dose)
Mescaline (high dose)
[This message has been edited by bunt cake (edited 09 August 2001).]

What do you mean by "mind altering? MPTP is pretty mind altering, do you mean which is the most potent psychedelic by weight? It is really hard to make a quantitative statement about a qualitative measure…:)
DMT is pretty strong.
[This message has been edited by Dr. Quack (edited 08 August 2001).]

For me, doing 2 quarter sacks of K, 5 bowls of weed, and 2 rolls, all in the space of about 45 minutes was enough to send me to a place I've never been before. It's completely different than being on a drug like shrooms or lsd, but still, this combo completely took me over.
~Ryan

Let us not forget nitrious. Certainly it is very short lived, but it does alter your mind perhaps more than any of those in the time it takes, well excluding DMT.

this is just my 2 cents but i think that dxm in high doses is a mind fuck drug....one night i took about a little over 400 mgs and i smoked a half a joint
smile.gif
i was "fucked up" big time...totally mind fucking...my body wasent reacting with my brain...i know that, that is one of the most common symptons with dxm because of it dissociative<-(sp?) but i agree with others about dmt and acid (hihg doses) being a mind fuck drug
just my $0.02
-ecstasy_user
------------------
i pop 4 e's at one time, and i dont need water when im swallowing mine-D12

I would definitely have to say DMT and Ketamine are the true titans of the psychedelic/dissociative world. (Smoked or IV DMT and IM Ketamine).
BTW, I AM planning to do BOTH simultaneously sometime in the next few months. I will probably save the trip for when Morninggloryseeds gets out here to visit. The idea is to inject the K, then quickly grab the DMT pipe and start puffing away. (YIKES... I get goose bumps just thinking about it!!!!).
Just one of the many things to come in the Psychedelics forum - I wil keep you all posted!
------------------
"I dislike the drug you are using, but I would defend with my life your right to use it."
- Paraphrase on Voltaire
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
- Dr. Johnson
"We do not sense imagination enough to sense what we are missing."
-Jean Toomer

i can't tell you what the most mind altering drug is...i think there is no such thing...different drugs affect different people different ways...it all depends on how the person interprets his or her trip...no matter what the substance was...

DXM + K.
IM K; IV isn't as dissociative as IM for some reason, it's more a full-on fucked up, more of a crackhead thing than a psychonaut thing if you see what i mean. snorting K is pathetic and raverish.
yeah, about 720 mg of DXM and 125 mg of IM K. =)
the DMT thing.. would be interesting. you should have just enough time to smoke it before you fall into the hole...

in my very limited experience, i would have to say either dxm. whippets, although very briefly, mess with me.
and, when i drink enough alcohol it's pretty bad (esp. with some benzos).
i think dxm was the most disconcerting though.

That crazy shit called love is the most mind-altering thing I have stumbled upon. It will make you lose sight of the bigger picture.
------------------
"I have discovered that common sense is quite uncommon"-My name here

Roll + K + n20 = Fuckin crazy.
Heard adrineline is pretty fucked up too.
------------------
I LIKE PORK!

Of the drugs I've done so far, salvia altered my consciousness the most, seeing as how I believed myself to be the carpet and had no reccollection whatsoever of a "real" Reality... I'm sure you could get to a place like that on any of the superdelics like ketamine, DMT, etc...
Sebastian's_Ghost assures me that DMT is far more powerful and terrifying than salvia, and I'd place my bets on him being right...
Pure
------------------
What is freedom? I don't know anymore. Its something so far removed from anything I've ever experienced that I'm not sure I can even comprehend it. Make Freedom A Reality
http://www2.bluelight.ru/ubb/Forum31/HTML/000557.html?reload=0

its all perspective, i find steroids to be the most mind altering because it is a total change of your base personality, I only did deca-durabol for a month once in my life but hte mental shift, was total if i wasn't so in touch with my mind from psychedelic drug use...i might have missed the shift. it is a gradual day to day shift.
your mind becomes totally "altered" with stroids. with psychedelics you go to the moon, but oyu come back, and you change if you choose to (having many different realities to choose from). i myself liked the new level of assertiveness i attained with the steroids and will probably only do them again if i suffer another life changing injury.

open an new thread on this. It is like nothing I have never heard before.