PDA

View Full Version : What do you do when you can't hit a vein?

Pages : [1] 2

hustlababy09
07-06-2011, 05:54
What do you do when you can't hit a vein?

Example: I cry, scream, punch shit, throw shit, etc.

Example 2: My ex couldn't hit his vein, so he threw his needle, and it accidentally landed upright in my thigh. Good aim, huh? ;)

lmc422
07-06-2011, 09:34
I just keep searching till I find one!!! There's tons of veins! U just have to know how to feel for them. And I always end up hitting a vein, no matter what! The key is to stay hydrated so u don't end up with the problem of not being able to hit a vein. If at first u don't succeed, try try again! And always make sure you have at least 4 veins u can use bc one of them u are bound to register in. So I usually don't have this problem.

brimz
07-06-2011, 14:50
Only one thing u really can do .
Stick it up your bum . Seriously it works , i lost my veins years ago n at the end i kept gettin shots that were almost colagulating so rather than waste it i'd snap the pin off n whack it up my behind.
At first i thought it didn't work but it jus took a while to come on .
Nowadays i smoke my gear on tin foil , i do have the occasional speedball though.

hustlababy09
08-06-2011, 04:49
scream, break off the needle, lie flat on my back and squirt the barrel's worth into my nose, slowly. lie there for a min, then scrounge around the room for whatever's left to make up for the 50% that was lost.

lmfao!! at least i'm not the only one...

@lmc-- I will *usually* end up finding one, but in the process I start getting really pissed and do the things I mentioned. haha. It sucks, I pretty much blew out the majority of my veins, so it can take me anywhere from 5 mins to 3 hours. Ugh. :! It's definitely easier when I stay hydrated though. I just learned that trick like a year ago. ;)

8L4YN3
08-06-2011, 05:03
Well back when i was first learning and couldn't hit my veins i'd experience some of the most intense frustration known to man, experience extreme self loathing that i couldn't manage to access my goddamn veins and yeah just fucked.

Now days be hard to not hit a vein, last counted easy like 18 spots over just my arms, plus ive hit my feet easily before. So if one in my usual rotation aint workin ill try another, then if i have to venture out somewhere more exotic lol. Always find a hit though. Veins are everywhere. Deeper the better, deeper veins dont move.

Chi-Blast
08-06-2011, 12:10
If I cant hit for an extended period of time I'm usually pouring sweat, shaking, ect. Mostly out of desperation I assume, because after so many pokes I get annoyed as hell.

Now, I'll shower and try again and switch rigs. Usually works, because any vein I have is usually visible after a shower.

Christ
09-06-2011, 05:09
Use a belt. Then, I'd most likely find a few.

95Land
09-06-2011, 06:06
I just keep searching till I find one!!! There's tons of veins! U just have to know how to feel for them. And I always end up hitting a vein, no matter what! The key is to stay hydrated so u don't end up with the problem of not being able to hit a vein. If at first u don't succeed, try try again! And always make sure you have at least 4 veins u can use bc one of them u are bound to register in. So I usually don't have this problem.

Yep. Stay calm, don't poke around in one spot for too long, if you're bleeding all over, stick a tissue(whatever) on it and switch arms, etc, etc, till you hit.
I say don't poke around in one spot too long cause most times when I do that, I end up with blood from vessel in the rig. Which can result in your shot becoming a muddled, bloody mess, that will potentially get clogged.
Always make sure you got a backup rig, so that if it does clog, you can draw it into the other rig. Adding a bit of water, if it clogs. It helps clear up the dope solution(it's harder to see if you've hit if it's all bloody.)

It's been said a million times but, staying hydrated, doing some pushups or arm curls with a dumbbell to get the blood flowing, and flexing before you tie off, can all do wonders.
You don't get your blood flowing, there's no way it's gonna wanna shoot out into that rig, the way we all want it to. You all know what I'm talking about. :D

J. G. Wentworth
09-06-2011, 06:57
...Example 2: My ex couldn't hit his vein, so he threw his needle, and it accidentally landed upright in my thigh. Good aim, huh? ;)
As in you got stuck with his needle after he had been trying to find a vein with it?

Chi-Blast
09-06-2011, 07:21
As in you got stuck with his needle after he had been trying to find a vein with it?

lmfao that sucks

Slain
09-06-2011, 12:26
I normally turn a shade of green, bust outta my clothes and smash shit.

Mind-Melt
09-06-2011, 20:14
if i couldn't hit a vein i'd take my ass to rehab

samerulesapply
10-06-2011, 01:49
Heat helps a LOT. I was just having trouble because the AC's running, so I stood out in the hall (where it's hot as hell) and they came right up.

Push ups and arm circles help sometimes as well.

GRINCH3369
10-06-2011, 21:59
dust it off and try again

Ezekill
10-06-2011, 23:02
If I am having trouble finding a vein, I have found that taking a hot bath makes my veins much more visible and then I can usually hit it. Also if you get blood in the rig but you still can't register it is usually a good idea to switch to a new rig before the blood coagulates. There is nothing more frustrating then finally finding a vein and then not being able to shoot because you're rig is clogged. Hopefully, if you rotate injection sites and always use new needles finding a good vein shouldn't become a major issue for quite some time.

phatass
10-06-2011, 23:32
try plugging ;)

Carl Landrover
11-06-2011, 05:47
I keep trying....

Usually results in me using my right arm (which is extremely awkward). My most successful right arm shots involved using my mouth to pull back and push down the plunger.

Usually go for my right bicep if it ever gets to that point. Bicep bruises like a bitch though. :(

That's definitely an extremely frustrating thing to have happen.

8L4YN3
11-06-2011, 13:20
^Whats wrong with your basilic and cephalic veins on your right forearm? Have you collapsed them or just havn't located them yet. Your basilic and cephalic veins should be reletively simple to locate if you've never used them. Remember just because theres not a bulging instantly noticable vein dosnt means there's not a vein there. And your bicep is mostly likely to only be bruising because you're moving alot during the shot because it's an awkward shot(well if you have shitty dexterity), and then not stopping the bleeding properly afterwards(applying pressure for a minute or two). Otherwise a perfect vein injection shouldn't bruise, that's blood in the surrounding tissue. No reason for that to happen if that shot is performed correctly.

Carl Landrover
11-06-2011, 19:34
^Whats wrong with your basilic and cephalic veins on your right forearm? Have you collapsed them or just havn't located them yet. Your basilic and cephalic veins should be reletively simple to locate if you've never used them. Remember just because theres not a bulging instantly noticable vein dosnt means there's not a vein there. And your bicep is mostly likely to only be bruising because you're moving alot during the shot because it's an awkward shot(well if you have shitty dexterity), and then not stopping the bleeding properly afterwards(applying pressure for a minute or two). Otherwise a perfect vein injection shouldn't bruise, that's blood in the surrounding tissue. No reason for that to happen if that shot is performed correctly.

I can't pull back the plunger and push down with my left hand

8L4YN3
12-06-2011, 05:47
^ Just get used to it bro by practicing with empty rigs. It's not that hard man if your right handed to get used to left handed shooting. Unless you have an injury or something to the hand if so sorry bro you cant help it at all.

euphoricnod
12-06-2011, 20:14
I change needles and go to a different part of my body.

GRINCH3369
12-06-2011, 22:00
no point throwing a temper tantrum that wont get you high, i tie off real good and look for a vein i havent used for awhile with a new rig

Crankinit
14-06-2011, 07:53
I stop, breath deeply, and do something else for a few minutes, then try again.

Just stabbing at my arms over and over again never seems to get me anywhere.

Doesn't help that I have really deep veins :(

60units
15-06-2011, 10:32
Tie off tighter, flex your hand/foot depending on where you're trying to hit yourself, get hydrated, even doing some jumping jacks or push ups can get your blood flowing and can make your veins more prominent.

comatoserct
15-06-2011, 22:22
I try to rotate my sites always
I have at least 40 different places I've been able to hit, so it's never a problem
I have a "backup" vein that has really bad track marks on it, so I only use it in emergency situations, like when the rig is about to get clogged
I would definitely think about quitting if I couldn't hit ANY veins anymore

Howes
16-06-2011, 12:56
if i couldn't hit a vein i'd take my ass to rehab

Pretty much.

do it up
16-06-2011, 22:19

Wellllll have I got a treat for you! I use this method most every time I shoot up and it helps with either hand.

Just attach a small keyring to the top of the plunger so you can stick your index finger through the keyring and have it rest on the plunger. No you just need to lift the one finger back to check for a vein, and push it down to inject. It is super helpful, for me at least.

deadprez219
19-06-2011, 00:12
I normally turn a shade of green, bust outta my clothes and smash shit.

lmao me too i dunno bout you but i scream junkie smash as i do it

8L4YN3
19-06-2011, 06:41
Wellllll have I got a treat for you! I use this method most every time I shoot up and it helps with either hand.

Just attach a small keyring to the top of the plunger so you can stick your index finger through the keyring and have it rest on the plunger. No you just need to lift the one finger back to check for a vein, and push it down to inject. It is super helpful, for me at least.

Or perhaps you two could stop being little girls and just develop your left handed dexterity?

Kyles
05-07-2011, 14:01
Take a breathe, swap weapons, go somewhere quiet so u can't hear the ever helpful "backseat bashers" telling u 2 "bend ur arm , ur doing it wrong & want me 2 do u?" comments & start again...

xstayfadedx
06-07-2011, 13:27
I have some pretty small veins so finding one is always a hassle. When I was shot up those few times I would have to bend my arm or squeeze my hand on something... really anything to get the veins to appear. I also made sure I would drink more water beforehand. I would just keep trying and trying.

deaf eye
08-07-2011, 02:52
uhhh a little help from a friend, i also think women are more patient and gentle when finding hiding veins

xstayfadedx
08-07-2011, 03:42
Sometimes women can be the worst though, this one chick bruised me up a lot I mean she got it and everything went well but damn could of been gentler. Yet, I have always had such tiny veins so you really have to look for them and when you do find one it's always in a not so desired spot. Oh well, have no need to shoot up anymore, not like I did for awhile anyways... just some crazy choices but shooting up was always a hassle no matter what. My veins just don't like making things easy.

indicaa
08-07-2011, 04:07
yeah i get pissed but keep on trying until i get it or the blood coagulates..then i get REAL mad. i'll try changing ties or rigs too. sometimes i feel like it helps (even though obviously you should use a fresh one every time)

hustlababy09
03-09-2011, 16:03
i normally turn a shade of green, bust outta my clothes and smash shit.

lmfao :d

silvercrimson
10-09-2011, 05:12
i break my phones, ive lost count already. i got smart, because it was starting to get expensive so instead of throwing away the broken pieces, ive got them saved and i keep them in a big ziplock bag. so on those miserable days when ive been fucking stabbing myself for hours to no avail, i get out my bag of broken phone pieces and i pound them with my mallot or my hammer.

PersianStar
10-09-2011, 09:26
Just muscle it.

GlibJab
10-09-2011, 09:57
I move to a different area and start looking for a new one. If that doesn't work I take the drug in the next most effective way, which is never as satisfying.

comatoserct
13-09-2011, 02:42
I would never IM a shot with blood in it.
And as for my previous post, I really have a case of foot in mouth
Been too broke to buy new needles for the past month and a half (new ones coming in the mail now)
Reusing 31g needles along with unfiltered suboxone has fucked my veins up so bad
Nowadays if I register, then fall back out, I'll try a few more places, but if the blood gets too thick, I just throw it away and put some under my tongue
But with dope it's a different story. I have never actually gotten to the point of the rig getting clogged with dope it in, but if I did, I'd probably cry

leftwing
13-09-2011, 06:43
Just muscle it.

terrible idea, especially with street drugs or even pills that haven't been micron filtered. terrible idea all around unless you've got sterile ampules designed for injection. you're asking for an abscess at the very least.

if i'm having trouble finding a vein, which is rare, i'll run the area under hot water or take a quick hot shower to bring the veins to the surface. otherwise utilise a tourniquet by scrounging up my shirt sleeve under my arm pit, pump my fist and voila.

PersianStar
15-09-2011, 09:23
terrible idea, especially with street drugs or even pills that haven't been micron filtered. terrible idea all around unless you've got sterile ampules designed for injection. you're asking for an abscess at the very least.

You're asking for a abscess if you keep digging around for veins and possibly a blood infection. Ok...don't muscle it. Try the sticking it up your bum trick. Heard about it, never did it though.

Heat does work :\

chrystian_cross23
15-09-2011, 12:27
I am having same problem. I can not hit a vein for the life of me, i got one 2 days AGO, but not since. I drink plenty of water, i try the 45 degree angle and then the parralle with your arm angle since I have read that both are right, still not sure which is true. Lately I get it in but then as i am pushing i feel a hige burning/sharp pain, is that me going through the vein? I am not even at the 45 degree angle when this happens. I blame some of it on nerves, its like ever since i missed a shot when I go to do another one I anticipate missing again and start shaking before i even get a stick. bicep ones have been good but they need rest other ones you recommend? elbow crook is resting and top forarm is where i missed. man, i sound bad

chrystian_cross23
15-09-2011, 12:31
i wish ( and that sounds bad) that the friends that did meth, did it the way i like Iv i would have them, but nooooope LAME

BluffBoy
15-09-2011, 19:17
I freak the fuck out. Some serious anxiety man, knowing that relief is right there but you can't get it in. That being said, I usually hit first time every time. I have awesome veins. It's just that once in a blue moon you gotta use one of your throw aways, thats duller than a toothpick, cause your outta new ones. That's the only time it tends to get sketchy.

AS4416
24-09-2011, 02:18
I freak the fuck out. Some serious anxiety man, knowing that relief is right there but you can't get it in. That being said, I usually hit first time every time. I have awesome veins. It's just that once in a blue moon you gotta use one of your throw aways, thats duller than a toothpick, cause your outta new ones. That's the only time it tends to get sketchy. I agree 100% %)

Captain.Heroin
24-09-2011, 12:30
I would never IM a shot with blood in it.

I'm pretty sure I've done this before but I rarely do this, I normally either intend to IM, or I intend to IV and actually do so. *shrugs*

I was told there's a good reason not to...I don't exactly remember why.

chemical ali
24-09-2011, 20:51

LOLOLOLOLOL

i am sorry but unless you have some seriously debilitating condition in your hand i dont see what the problem is. im left handed but i can shoot both ways, in fact the veins in my left arm are often more prominent because its my stronger arm. i just had surgery on my left hand and i can still switch it up shot to shot to keep my arms lookin good

i have never been unsuccessful in finding a vein but i have seen people, girls especially completely lose their shit when they cant get one. it makes me feel bad because im feelin no care in the world. staying warm definately helps. i just learned about staying hydrated

comatoserct
25-09-2011, 00:03
there have been times where I couldn't hit anything in my right arm, but every time I tried with my left arm, my right hand would cramp up really bad. good thing I have my girlfriend around to help me with such things, but she doesn't know how to shoot well

pb2003
27-09-2011, 21:59

This may sound weird, but I am right handed and usually IV in my right arm.....

for some reason I've always used my left hand with the rig. I can do work on my left arm with my right hand but it is a lot harder for me. Sounds strange I know but I guess my left hand is just trained to do it better lol.

DOC-EVERYTHING
28-09-2011, 05:47
when Im really trying to make a shot, I just get into a fucked up mindset, and keep trying to hit the same place over and over. All you really have to do is set it down for a minute or two, wash your arms, then check both arms for teh best vein, relax and be patient as you try to register in that vein. You will hit it. I know how hysterical you can get poking yourself when you REALLY need that hit. Just relaxing for a minute or two, and looking at all your veins really helps. And you should be able to hit the same with either arm, its not very hard to learn at all.