View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSA Subthread] Dosage of Morning Glory Seeds

Killer Hit

Bluelighter
hey morning glory i bet you can awnser me on this one.lol. ok today i bought 5 packs of 1.5g containing hevanly blues. i crushed up 3g worth and put them in capsules(they were just cracked upon not grond to powder) and at them. now they did say contains heritain and is only intended for planting. but i took it and an hour later i felt nothing. then a few minutes later i got real relaxed and for the last 2-3 hours just have sort of a mild brain fuck going on with minamal visuals and not much of a stomach ache. is this all i can expect or should i stay up longer and wait for more effects. i heard the visuals take a long time to come on

Three grams of seed is not enough for a trip. That amount would only cause threshold effects, which peak three to five hours after you eat them. What you got is about all you will get. Ten grams, or more, is a full dose.

Grinding them up in a coffee grinder is the way to go. I did a extraction once from 10 grams of seeds and had a good mindfuck going.

Morning glory seeds aren't just a legal high that won't mess with you. Trust me - I did 10 grams the other night and if you have to deal with people who you know are going to disapprove of their use (i.e. your parents)it is just going to make your experience a lot worse - which might be bad if you eat all of that chemical.
morningglory - thanks for the advice. I had only minor nausea(comparable to robo dxm) and a breakthrough experience. Maybe I should post it in the trip reports.

comments on morning glory dosing

Hey all,
I'd like to ask you ladies and gents for comments on the following:
I'm tired of puking my guts out with Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, which may or may not be viable.
I've tried morning glory on two previous occasions and I perhaps mistakenly feel that their viability and nauseating properties are better than woodrose.
Would the following dosing method with MG be good for lessening the nausea and that 'strychnine' effect?
---->ground 400 seeds into a powder with a mortar and pestle. Encapsulate with some spare empty capsules I have. Then down them 100 seeds at a time once every hour.
----> I have this theory that if I spread out the dosing to four hours, I will feel less nauseated
or at least, the nausea will be gone by the time the effects kick in.
so what do you think? And oh, I'm not doing the soaking in petroleum ether thing, cos I can't lay things around to evaporate.

Spreading out the dosing will spread out the effects, so you may feel less nausea at once, but will be nauseated longer.

I am not very experienced with HBWoodrose seed, but I have taken Morning glory lots of times. "hevenly blue" seems to be the strongest, althoe I have had good results with "pearly gates". If you have good seed you will experience some bad nauesa, sometimes at the verge of vomiting. If you experience little to no nauesa, then you probally have bunk seeds. twice I bought seeds at K-M**t and they were totally bunk with no effects and no nauesa. Every other time I bought them somewere else and had good results and bad nauesa. There is really no way of avoiding the nauesa unless you do some sort of extraction. Also, 400 is a lot of seed, try starting with about 250 seeds(6 grams) and chew them up good. The less liquid that you drink, the the less likely you will vomit; so drink minimal amounts with your seeds.
note: so you don't have to count your seed for a dose, 1.5grams=60seeds.

I am very familiar with both seeds, and there isn't really any difference in the degree of nausea either variety of seed causes. At least in my experiences. Both do have a slightly different feel to them though, but really just surface nuances.
BTW, there is no strychnine or 'strychnine' effect to any of the seeds. Inspite of that somewhat glorified report that mentions it at erowid, no species of morning glory (including baby woodrose) has any strychnine or cyanide in them.
The nausea is caused by soap-like glycosides in the seeds. Probably the same thing that causes the emetic properties of the folk remedy jalaap, which is made from the root of another type of morning glory.
You can reduce nausea by making a water infusion of the seed, drinking only the water of course. I have never found that extracts are capable of recreating the effect of the whole seed, and I find the trip is inferior. Your method may work...spacing out ingestion. I've never tried it before. You should report back and let us know how it goes.
[ 14 August 2002: Message edited by: morninggloryseed ]

"at the verge of vomitting"? I don't consider that bad nausea. Vomitting TWICE is bad nausea. And I ALWAYS vomit twice on Woodrose, whether or not they are viable. Woodrose seeds give you bad nausea regardless of their viability.
Has anyone had any good experiences using Dramamine or Marzine prior to dosing? But doesnt doing that make you even more sedated?

>>no species of morning glory (including baby >>woodrose) has any strychnine or cyanide in them.
morninggloryseed:
I have however had the experience several times of having painful muscle aches and bruises and bluishness of the limbs, the morning after downing 70-100+ HBW seeds. Is this not consistant with mild cyanide poisoning?

I have tried taking 4 Dramamine on morning glory. I took one before ingestion, 2 after, and then another one an hour later. I didn't feel that the Dramamine helped at all, It just made me very tierd which I didn't like while triping.
As for Marzine, I have never heard of It. What is it used for, and is it OTC or a script?

Wow! From what I here any thing over 15 HBW seeds is a lot. 100 seeds!? I think that that is asking to get sick, but I don't know much about HBW seeds anyway.

Seems like Morning Glory is somewhat complicated to prepare (I read off of Erowid). Is it easy for a beginner to make a MG concoction (SP?)?

Originally posted by mindfield:
I have however had the experience several times of having painful muscle aches and bruises and bluishness of the limbs, the morning after downing 70-100+ HBW seeds. Is this not consistant with mild cyanide poisoning?
It's consistant of a lot of different things. Could be a lack of oxygen to your limbs. Could be 1001 different things.

Originally posted by mindfield:
No, cyanide needs to be present in order to be poisoned by cyanide. Perhaps its just the fact that you took such a massive overdose. 6 to 8 seeds is enough for a powerful trip with woodrose seeds. I can't imagine why you ate so many.

I think the reason for this is the other ergot-like or lysergic acid analogues inside the seeds. They dont just contain LSA they have many different componds which cause convoulsions and lack of oxygen, think about what happens when the people in France got the Ergot poisonings. I think its just mild Ergot poinsoning.

just do a damn extraction and have no nausia.. if the effects are lessened, take more seeds ;)

Originally posted by FunkayRavin:
if the effects are lessened, take more seeds ;)
The effects are not only lessoned, they are altered and not for the better. The effects are definitely less psychedelic in general and the 'trip' is more somatic in nature. The 'narcotic' component of the seed seems to be the most prominent effect. It was mainly a body buzz. Taking more isn't really the answer.
The nausea is a part of the morning glory experience. If you just can't deal with the idea of being nauseous, then stick with some nice mushrooms.

i dont know
be careful because friend of mine have eaten 5-9 grams and became EXTREMELY sick.
But
I ate 4 grams of heavenly blues and they diddnt do shit to me. I followed all the intstructions on errowid of types to buy, preparation, etc and still nothing.

I once ground up 600 MG HB [untreated] seeds..smoked about a dozen bowls...mixed the ground up mess with some chocolate pudding, then consumed what tasted like pudding dirt. I had no stomach pain of any sort, and had the most surreal alien trip of my entire life. Green is the key to no pain...