• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Government Forced Cancer Institute To Censor Medical Marijuana Benefits

slimvictor

Bluelight Crew
In March, the National Cancer Agency (NCI), a component agency of the National Institutes of Health, acknowledged the medicinal benefits of marijuana in its online treatment database. But the information only stayed up a few days, before it was scrubbed from the site.

Now, newly obtained documents reveal not only how NCI database contributors arrived at their March 17 summary of marijuana’s medical uses, but also the furious politicking that went into quickly scrubbing that summary of information regarding the potential tumor-fighting effects of cannabis, reports Kyle Daly at the Washington Independent.

link

this should be carried by mainstream media. It's a great (albeit infuriating) story.

People who seek out the truth will find it out. And the people who sit at home watching mainstream media on their televisions will not find out the truth because they aren't looking for it.

^^ exactly. but its definatly a shame because untill the majority starts caring about the truth nothing will ever change. What a world we live in

Most people don't want the truth, they want cognitive models that make them feel comfortable; whether or not those models are actually accurate is completely irrelevant to your average frightened person.

people want to be entertained. This story is entertaining is all I'm saying.

It pissed me off so bad when they pulled that shit

THC CAN CURE CANCER

phoenixtears.ca

Last edited:
I agree that people who are looking for the truth will find it, but what happens when a cancer patient is too young or otherwise unable to make decisions for themselves?

At that point, they are relying on the recommondations of the NHI to guide them through treatment, but if those recommendations are inaccurate or incomplete, how can we be offering patients the very best in care?

Those of you who know me know that this hits really close to home - its a shame to see scientific facts being withheld, I suppose we can only hope that the prevailing attitude about marijuana will continue to change.