PDA

View Full Version : Extracting Desoxyn

RacemicMic
27-05-2011, 23:04
Have a scrip for 5mg brand Desoxyn, 60 a month. Also a scrip for 60 15mg Dexadrine a month.

Like to insufflate the Desoxyn occasionally for the quick uptake and to boost the Dex. But don't like to snort all the talc, sugar, etc.

Tried various CWE methods on the net. Dissolved 15-20 crushed pills in a small mix of warm everclear and distilled h2o (less than half a shot glass), mix it together and stick it in the fridge. Take a syringe and siphon off the water, put it in a pyrex and slowly heat until it dries, then scrap off the sediment. Best it seems to get 30-40% volume reduction. A lot of sediment seems to hang in the water after it's removed from fridge.

Maybe this guy's doing it wrong. Does anyone have a step by step process unique to Desoxyn? Should he use acetone?

This is my first post. I know some people will say, "Just eat it," but he wants to snort (or even smoke). Fast action is the desired outcome. Any advice would be appreciated.

pofacedhoe
28-05-2011, 00:12
do what i did with ritalin, dissolve in warm water the crushed tablets, filter through a seive with kitchen roll, then dry in a dish. you may just have to cope with the sugars in the pill. dont really see why they are a problem if you are snorting.

if you want to remove the sugars glucose for one is not soluble in acetone so an acetone wash might not do that much to remove it. as for other binders soluble in both acetone and water, i'm not sure

sekio
28-05-2011, 01:08
Amphetamine salts are going to be poorly soluble in acetone. They are soluble in water and alcohols, however.

To be honest, the best way of extracting these on a small scale (not grams and grams of stuff with 80% yield) is probably to powder the pills, mix with absolute or 95% ethanol (Everclear dried over magnesium sulphate is good) and centrifuge them, then filter or decant off the broth and concentrate it down again.

Other methods you could consider: column chromatography, crystallization, just eating it...

For a purification by crystallization of any of the HCL salts of [methamp]s, I'd suggest a two solvent system with methanol and methylethylketone. This tends to occlude a slight amount of solvent so keep your crystal size small and grind and dry the result. Both these solvents are easily available if you know where to look.

I wouldn't suggest ethanol or acetone as they tend to easily collect H2O; this can happen unexpectedly and when it does, their solvency power will greatly increase, redissolving your crystals. Be careful as methanol is toxic; don't get it on you or breathe the fumes.

Read a lab handbook about two-solvent purification by crystallization. Fascinating stuff.

V-Nys
07-01-2012, 19:45
What is a "sieve with a kitchen roll" I have the same question about Desoxyn...

Dysphoric
07-01-2012, 23:33
I have a script for Desoxyn as well, and I've always wondered how to make it into a crystal form, just out of curiosity and seeing it for myself. I've never seen street meth in person.

Other than that, I have no use for making it into crystal. Smoking, snorting, injecting, sound to junky"ish" for my liking, I'll stick to oral dosing.

Nexus298
08-01-2012, 00:24
Did you get prescribe to Dexoyn in thelast few months due to the big stimulant shortages;

pofacedhoe
08-01-2012, 01:47
What is a "sieve with a kitchen roll" I have the same question about Desoxyn...

funnel kitchen roll combo for insoluble binders

Dysphoric
08-01-2012, 02:00
due to the big stimulant shortages;

What are you talking about?

Vaya
10-01-2012, 13:34
What are you talking about?

F.D.A. Finds Short Supply of ADHD Drugs (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/01/health/policy/fda-is-finding-attention-drugs-in-short-supply.html?pagewanted=all)

~ vaya

nuke
11-01-2012, 06:19
Acid/base extraction is probably the easiest.

Or just buy some crystal meth.

Dysphoric
12-01-2012, 02:50
F.D.A. Finds Short Supply of ADHD Drugs (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/01/health/policy/fda-is-finding-attention-drugs-in-short-supply.html?pagewanted=all)

~ vaya

Fucking D.E.A. needs to be exterminated!

But I can't help, but to not feel bad for the people who "need" it. No one "needs" Meth/Amps to be productive. Sure AD(H)D sucks, but to be so reliant on such a substance is sad IMO. I take it only when I feel it could be useful. That's how I see Meth/Amps, as an occasional tool.

I can't imagine being a slave to these drugs.

Just my 2.

SpunkySkunk347
18-01-2012, 15:55
You're using desoxyn (methamphetamine) to "boost" dexedrine (regular run-of-the-mill bored house-wife dextro-amphetamine)??????? 8(

Are you sure its not the other way around?

Amu
18-01-2012, 21:25
You're using desoxyn (methamphetamine) to "boost" dexedrine (regular run-of-the-mill bored house-wife dextro-amphetamine)??????? 8(

Are you sure its not the other way around?

Desoxyn in low doses is a weak STIMULANT so-to-speak due to it's negligible action on NE, there is a vast different between 100 mg of crystal and 10 mg desoxyn, most patients have found desoxyn to be relaxing and not as stimulating as dexedrine in ultra-low doses.

SpunkySkunk347
19-01-2012, 06:44
Desoxyn in low doses is a weak STIMULANT so-to-speak due to it's negligible action on NE, there is a vast different between 100 mg of crystal and 10 mg desoxyn, most patients have found desoxyn to be relaxing and not as stimulating as dexedrine in ultra-low doses.
I thought that since desoxyn is pure pharmaceutical grade meth, it can be like 10x more potent than a lot of street-grade crank (maybe not glass, but the sketchy back-alley mystery-powder type stuff)

Amu
19-01-2012, 08:54
I thought that since desoxyn is pure pharmaceutical grade meth, it can be like 10x more potent than a lot of street-grade crank (maybe not glass, but the sketchy back-alley mystery-powder type stuff)

Glass is extremely pure actually, probably at least 80-90% Yes, of course the powder stuff is lower grade. The thing here is that desoxyn doses are much lower than street doses, if you took 10 desoxyn tablets yes you'd get pretty high. Another thing is that some people report desoxyn being so pure is less stimulating, perhaps the minor impurities in glass have peripherally stimulating properties and give it more of a tweaking feel.

sekio
19-01-2012, 23:23
I was under the impression that methamphetamine produced via the phenylacetone route (likely in Mexico or other countries) will be racemic D,L-meth (most domestic meth is d-meth produced via reduction of (pseudo)ephedrine I'd wager) and it is preferred in many circles due to the "smoother" experience.

Desoxyn is D-meth.

SpunkySkunk347
20-01-2012, 10:38
L-meth is almost entirely peripheral. Its sold over the counter in "vicks nasal inhalers" as a decongestant in stores all across the globe, including the US.
Although having some L-meth in the mix will produce more physical side effects and perhaps more of a "tweak" feeling, the main CNS stimulation is all in the D-Amph...

I used to be under the impression that you couldn't get euphoria from amphetamines unless you had a panic/anxiety attack while it was kicking in, so that the adrenaline release and subsequent endorphin release would synergize with a reversed reuptake at the DA/NE transporters and 5-HT transporters -- producing sort of a blissful contentment. Having a levo isomer in the mix would definitely aid in producing a panic attack.

negrogesic
21-01-2012, 00:47
The activity of the racemate is not necessarily reflected in the sum of the assayed enantiopure components. To further complicate the matter are the various ratios that can exist during clandestine synthesis, and possibly 'cross-contamination' of P2P and ephedrine derived meth by street level distributors......

As to extraction of d-meth from tablets; don't count on a end result to look like 'crystals'....

Nagelfar
21-01-2012, 06:14
Although having some L-meth in the mix will produce more physical side effects and perhaps more of a "tweak" feeling, the main CNS stimulation is all in the D-Amph...

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but if I recall correctly d-amphetamine & l-amphetamine are more similar in their "central" activity, it is d-methamphetamine that is more "centrally" eurphoric/stimulating (dopaminergic over adrenergic, as I understand it) than its equivalent isomer l-methamphetamine, not so much l-amphetamine.

Amu
22-01-2012, 02:57
hey so does anyone have a guide for how to extract the methamphetamine from desoxyn 5mg pills? What do I need, lye? anhydrous isopropyl?

I say you find another way, it is difficult to remove all the binders/fillers, take desoxyn orally if you want to, street crystal is extremely pure after an acetone wash, and d-meth is made very easily. Also, there are people who legitimately need desoxyn in low oral doses for medical reasons, the more attention people draw to it the harsher DEA laws will get, and given it's not even under patent, it could easily be taken off the market if enough people are abusing it, since ADHDers have adderall/ritalin available. If you're still adamant, google acid/base extraction and learn it.

negrogesic
23-01-2012, 03:25
If an individual has difficulting extracting methamphetamine from tablets, I would think that a synthesis (despite its 'relative' ease) is out the question. I honestly have no clue, but i doubt that the yield of a crude cold pack/energizer-bunny powered synthesis is a pure crystalline D-METH.

But certainly, one should avoid attracting unnecessary attention to a prescription drug whose illicit counterpart ("Meth") has been associated with 'evil'......

Nagelfar
23-01-2012, 09:37
I was under the impression that methamphetamine produced via the phenylacetone route (likely in Mexico or other countries) will be racemic D,L-meth (most domestic meth is d-meth produced via reduction of (pseudo)ephedrine I'd wager) and it is preferred in many circles due to the "smoother" experience.

Desoxyn is D-meth.

I had always come across colloquial references to the enantiopure dextro being "smoother" than the racemic. In part due to the racemic/levorotatory affecting a racing heart beat.

SpunkySkunk347
03-02-2012, 10:30
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but if I recall correctly d-amphetamine & l-amphetamine are more similar in their "central" activity, it is d-methamphetamine that is more "centrally" eurphoric/stimulating (dopaminergic over adrenergic, as I understand it) than its equivalent isomer l-methamphetamine, not so much l-amphetamine.
oh forgive me, I meant to say D-meth in the post you quoted, not d-amph.
but anyways, regular l-amphetamine is centrally active, yes, but it is much less dopaminergic than its dextro counterpart; and 5-HT? Well the levo isomer is completely absent in that department (even d-amphetamine only faintly has serotonergic activity). We only really start finding that golden 5-HT release with that additional methyl functional group in methamphetamine). But, I digress: the CNS activity of REGULAR amphetamine's levo isomer is almost exclusively limited to some noradrenergic.

Now, the levo isomer of METHamphetamine on the other hand, could be considered completely void of CNS activity -- hence, why it is perfectly legal and widely sold as an OTC decongestant in almost every department store you can think of. Although, they have changed its pharmaceutical name slightly (to deter people from thinking they can crack open the inhalers, eat the contents and get high off it - you can't) to "levmetamfetamine". I hope the name-drop of such a powerful stimulant (albeit the centrally inactive isomer) doesn't tempt you to go buy a bunch of vicks inhalers thinking you'll get high off them (you can't get high off them); trust me, it won't do anything -- the most you're going to feel is very uncomfortable vascular constriction and muscle tension, as well as nausea-burps that taste like lavender (the 'scent' they add to the inhalers).

Know your isomers! ;)

negrogesic
04-02-2012, 00:55
^^^^To quote myself:

The activity of the racemate is not necessarily reflected in the sum of the assayed enantiopure components.

novelagent
06-02-2012, 12:15
thanks to some smart folks at Abbott years ago, Desoxyn remains on the market thanks to a plastic matrix that can't be broken. Did you honestly think they didn't think about this already? I say thanks in a serious tone-- I have ADD, and respect amphetamine's therapeutic power too much to abuse it.

novelagent
06-02-2012, 12:19
and by broken, I mean you're not getting rid of that stuff... you might think you are, but you won't ge rid of it... it's complicated. can't you use something else? I like Desoxyn, and want it to stay on the market. don't crash the party.

atrollappears
06-02-2012, 23:40
For a reasonable extraction, you would need to do some sort of acid-base method.
I have no source for this and may be totally wrong, but I remember hearing that there are substances in desoxyn pills meant to inhibit crystallization for this very reason. That could make things more complicated.

novelagent
06-02-2012, 23:48
yup, the matrix binders. there's a reason why this stuff is still possible to prescribe.

atrollappears
07-02-2012, 01:08
By that logic people should also never have recreationally used marijuana, MDMA, LSD/mushrooms/peyote/whatever, opiates, or anything else with a therapeutic potential. I don't agree that the solution is to bow down to prohibition.

Don't get me wrong, as someone with ADD as well I'm glad you have a medicine that works for you, but after reading some of the studies of MDMA's use in psychotherapy... there are some people who just really, really need something like that to help them way more than I need adderall or anything else.

novelagent
07-02-2012, 01:42
I'm unclear as the what parallel therapeutic potential exists between injecting methamphetamine and the use of MDMA. I'm actually the one trying to defend responsible (oral) meth's therapeutic potential by discouraging its injection (I'll let its mode of use speak for itself). Something's either used therapeutically or it's not, and there's a difference between using a toxic amount of something and using it responsibly. Am I also suppose to pretend someone wanting to inject it is going to strive for maintaining doses down to therapeutic thresholds? By that logic, you say? Logic? What logic is there to using a toxic amount of a drug?

atrollappears
07-02-2012, 16:50
We should continue this conversation in PMs because it's not relevant to the thread. My point, though, was that to say that one shouldn't recreationally use a drug that has therapeutic potential because that could result in restrictions which hinder its therapeutic application, is to say that people should not recreationally use virtually any drugs, because virtually all of them have some therapeutic potential. Now, that's not a ridiculous argument. But, I'd argue instead that prohibition is directly responsible for limiting the medical use of these drugs, not recreational drug use (and maybe even that a good way to contribute to the end of prohibition is to show that it doesn't work ;).

Fossil_Diver
07-02-2012, 17:08
How did you get a script for Desoxyn? Are you narcoleptic? If it was me I would just be happy to be able to get Desoxyn and I wouldn't worry about extracting it.

2c-frEak
08-02-2012, 15:26
hey just out of interest to anyine with a script for desoxyn: how would you complare it to dexedrine? i live in australia so only have access to dexamphetamine (for legitimate purposes of course ;).

Druguser
10-02-2012, 00:37
does anyone want to share knowledge of the difference between the generics and brand name desoxyn with regard to extraction? i know enough chemistry that i understand the principles involved in pill extraction, mostly, just dont know the specifics with these pills and thier inactives. might shell out some money for some chems and give this extraction it s first serious try tomorrow but it seems like a waste of money considering no drug is actually produced and the pills can be simply crushed and snorted although its not as good as real crystal. on second thought this extraction would only be economical, i would imagine, if one were to shoot the cryst and ive yet to resort to needles in efforts to save money, i dont even know if that works really that way with meth as it has decent oral availability. btw this dam pill shortage sucks i had to go without generic meth for like 3 weeks. definately need more drugs and less users. not enough producers/suppliers and too many consumers make me a cranky crank user when i have to go without.

Druguser
10-02-2012, 01:07
@2cfreak - if you have dexedrine you aint missing out on shit vs desoxyn. sometimes i worry they will stop making prescription methamphetamine completely because it is very inconvient for those that have to use it. kinda contradicting myself here, but basically when it comes to speed the morale of the game is to be happy with what u have, not unhappy with what you cant have and isnt worth it.

SpunkySkunk347
26-02-2012, 20:50
@2cfreak - if you have dexedrine you aint missing out on shit vs desoxyn. sometimes i worry they will stop making prescription methamphetamine completely because it is very inconvient for those that have to use it. kinda contradicting myself here, but basically when it comes to speed the morale of the game is to be happy with what u have, not unhappy with what you cant have and isnt worth it.
so you're telling me that oral pharmaceutical methamphetamine (may i remind you, the supposed "greatest known pinnacle of human pleasure" in the civilized world) "isn't worth it" compared to run of the mill dexamphetamine?
there's got to be some sort of bullshit in that
Is it maybe just because the dose of methamphetamine available in pill form is so low that would-be recreational users aren't taking enough of it?
I'd like to match 50mg of desoxyn to 50mg of adderall and see who the fucking winner is

PharAway
27-02-2012, 22:46
I really feel that unless you are set on administering your dose IV, there is little point in performing a meth extraction and re-crystallisation.

I mean for a start, you're always going to end up with less actual methamphetamine than you started with in tablet form with ANY home extraction, nevermind a CWE! So it really just doesnt make sense in terms of efficency. Are the inactives really that bad? Most people wouldn't mind a little glucose with their meth, hey you might even catch a slight sugar rush! ;)

THC2LSD
03-03-2012, 06:26
I don't see the point in extracting meth from desoxyn. Street meth is often rather pure compared to most street drugs.Desoxyn is weak and expensive compared to street meth.I'd be better to sell the desoxyn and buy meth, bet the college kids would love it(not that I condone or recommend dealing).

I know the OP post is old, but sublingual use is comparable to snorted, if one doesn't mind the taste.