• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Using morphine while on suboxone maintenance

Antecessor

Ex-Bluelighter
I'll try to get straight to the point.

I formerly had a codiene addiction of around 400mg a day, one year ago I started on suboxone at 9mg a day, been clean of other drugs since, but am continuing suboxone treatment.

Today I had strong desire to use opiates, and morphine was available, so I decided to use.

The morphine I bought was supposed to be 100mg.

It was in the form of tiny white balls, smaller than a pin head each, very hard.
The guy scooped them out of of a large test tube of the same, he called them morphine sulfate, but had a wierd name for it, maybe starting with C or K.

Now I have a few questions:

1. I have never seen or heard of morphine in that state, I thought it was a tablet.
Is this probably morphine?
I did see another guy iv the same.

2. I had to give a taste to the finder, he crushed the whole lot up with a hammer and then liquidized it, he took out about .5ml and gave me 1ml in a syringe.
I dont know beyond a very rough estimate how much actual drug I ended up with, which brings me to the problem of correct dosing.
What do you guys think would be the correct dose of morphine for someone like me, being on 9 mg of sub for a year?

Oh also I am NOT IVing it, I cant bear needles, I will plug/snort/eat it.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice yous can give me for this situation!

Is this probably morphine?
No way for us to know.

The morphine I bought was supposed to be 100mg.
2. I had to give a taste to the finder, he crushed the whole lot up with a hammer and then liquidized it, he took out about .5ml and gave me 1ml in a syringe.
I dont know beyond a very rough estimate how much actual drug I ended up with, which brings me to the problem of correct dosing.
What do you guys think would be the correct dose of morphine for someone like me, being on 9 mg of sub for a year?
So you think you have something close to 66mg? Oral morphine is about ten times stronger than oral codeine. That being said if you are still on 9mg of bupe daily it has greatly increased your tolerance from your codeine days and I doubt you would get much from it. There is little chance you'll break through that level of bupe blockade with that much morphine either.

You'll want to review this.
Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v12.0

There is more in the OD Directory in my signature and the opioid conversion chart might help as well. Buprenorphine is 40 times stronger than morphine PO according to wikipedia. When you first got off of your 400mg codeine habit and onto subs 1-2mg a day would likely have held you.

So no risk of me ODing, just never done morph before so it kinda um scary.

Also has anyone else seen the type of morph I am talking about?

Yes morphine can be distributed in capsules containing hard beads. Probably more likely to be sustained release now that you mention it.

It is difficult to help you as you don't know what you have or much you have.

Ok thanks, You have made me feel more sure about it, Im gonna go plug it now.

Seeyas

I believe you are referring to the Kadian brand which comes in clear capsules with white beads inside. However, we will never know 100%. Check out one of those on google or something and send us a report back of whether they look familiar. Enjoy!

If you are used to taking buprenorphine, I doubt you will overdose on morphine at a normal recreational dosage (for someone with low tolerance).

if it is what I'm thinking of, in Ottawa 2006 those were the most common form of morphine available on the street. they were referrred to as Essilons. they are far, far superior to regular ms contin if you like to IV, as all one needed to do was pour the beads into a spoon, add heat and the beads crushed very easily. the solution was far less gummy than ms contin. note that this was before enlightenment on the fact that one should never heat pills, one should always use a micron filter, etc. but in terms of harm reduction, it was far better than heating ms contin.

anyway, as you plug it probably doesn't matter which kind you get.

they may still be common in Ontario. I've never seen them in Winnipeg.

if you don't feel much from it, and it's a Kadian/Essilon, it's because you're mostly blocked thanks to the sub.

Ok thanks, You have made me feel more sure about it, Im gonna go plug it now.

Seeyas

Didn't you read what the poster above wrote - you are not likelly to break through the Buprenorphine to even get a slight high from the morphine.

If you didn't know Buprenorphine(Suboxone) blocks all other opioids so you can't get high. (Well Tramadol being the only opioid that works with Bupe)

There is a chance of breaking through the Bupe but you would need larger doses than 66mg or 100mg - OD would be a great risk at those dosages it takes to break through so don't try that.
And i almost forgot, don't buy Pharmaceuticals that have been tampered with like that (beeds taken out of the capsule) because you will not know what medication really
or dose you get.

It was Kapanol - we have that in Australia, it's little balls inside a tablet casing.

If you use it on suboxone you will feel practically nothing, that would be my bet. You may get some fatigue, some itching, all the bad things, but NO euphoria. Buprenorphine is terribly effective!!

S

It was Kapanol - we have that in Australia, it's little balls inside a tablet casing.

If you use it on suboxone you will feel practically nothing, that would be my bet. You may get some fatigue, some itching, all the bad things, but NO euphoria. Buprenorphine is terribly effective!!

S

Correct!

As most commenters predicted.

I had no effects from the morphine which I actually ended up injecting despite me saying i wouldnt.

The frustration of not being able to enjoy opiates is horrible.

The frustration of not being able to enjoy opiates is horrible.
That is why you are choosing to be on buprenorphine though correct? As a safety mechanism since even if you slip up and try and get high the drug won't let you.

That is why you are choosing to be on buprenorphine though correct? As a safety mechanism since even if you slip up and try and get high the drug won't let you.

I wish my motives were that pure!

No I am on bupe maintenance because codiene turned on me.
I chose randomly between bupe and methadone.
Shoulda coulda woulda, chosen done.

Now I cant stop taking it because I get very anxious at even the thought of not having a daily dose of narcotic.

But it doesnt truly satisfy my 'hunger', if you will, for opiates. I am starving!! Sometimes I feel like I'm going to go mad.
If it doesnt get better eventually, I am going to get a huge wack of morphine, around 500mg and do it all at once JUST TO FEEL SOMETHING.

Needless to say, I am not feeling happy, and dont imagine I will anytime soon, nor later really.

Oh well, Im sure many of you have your own different and similar experiences and problems with the drug I am in love/hate with. Later.

I would imagine that no matter how much morphine you take, if you take it whilst on suboxone it just won't be truly enjoyable. Like it may 'break through' but I'm not sure that it would ever be genuinely euphoric...

I would imagine that no matter how much morphine you take, if you take it whilst on suboxone it just won't be truly enjoyable. Like it may 'break through' but I'm not sure that it would ever be genuinely euphoric...
Especially 9mg.

Why not try to taper down to 2mg or so OP. I'm still not quite sure why you are on suboxone and why you are on such a high dose.

If it doesnt get better eventually, I am going to get a huge wack of morphine, around 500mg and do it all at once JUST TO FEEL SOMETHING.
If by something you mean feel like your skin is on fire, not be able to crap for a week, and maybe have your throat swell up then go for it :\

Why dont you take a few days off the subs before you use the morphine. When was your last sub dose? I would wait till i started to feel sick from the sub withdrawal, and then use the M. Being on subs a year straight it might take like 3-4 days before you even withdrawal.

Yeah I was on bupe for 9 months as well and in that 9 months i could NEVER get high off any opiate for atleast 3 days, it sucked bc I would have to not take anything, endure the bupe wd for 3-4 days just to get high once and even when I did get high it wasnt ever as good as I wanted it to be. Honestly, at the dose/length youve been taking it, I would wait 5-7 days.

Suboxone is actually veryyyyyyyyy stupid to be taking over 2mg for long term matenance, 4mg and above should only be used for a few days for quick tapers, Above that and for long term, it loses its effect in my opinion

Types of morphine

Yes,recently I have seen morphine capsules at 200mgs(this is Canada)that contain tiny,hard white beads......Peace

I'm on 10 MG suboxone doc currently gave me a script for morphine sulphate 15 milligrams take one every 8-10 hrs she told me to continue taking subs and as well the morph she just gave me can I iv it? Just 1 15 milligram