• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Pa. House Committee approves synthetic drug ban

Squeaks

Bluelighter
(taken from http://www.abc27.com/story/14705812/pa-house-committee-approves-synthetic-drug-ban)

Pa. House Committee approves synthetic drug ban
Posted: May 24, 2011 11:52 AM EDT Updated: May 24, 2011 11:52 AM EDT
By Myles Snyder - email

HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) -

The state House Judiciary Committee has unanimously approved a bill that would ban several powerful and increasingly popular hallucinogenic drugs.

Senate Bill 1006 would amend the state's controlled substance act to ban the sale, possession and sale of the substances found in so-called "bath salts," salvia divinorum, synthetic marijuana, and 2C-E.

The measure now goes to the full House, which unanimously approved similar legislation in March.

The drugs are currently available for sale over the Internet and in stores. With approval from the House and Gov. Tom Corbett, possession with intent to deliver would carry a penalty of up to 15 years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000.

Synthetic marijuana - sometimes sold under names such as K2, Demon and Spice - is a blend of herbs treated with chemicals to produce a marijuana-like high.

Salvia divinorum and 2C-E are said to produce hallucinations and visions similar to LSD, while bath salts produce a high similar to that of cocaine, heroin or methamphetamine.

Law enforcement officials across the country have reported a growing number of overdoses and violent behavior attributed to the use of the synthetic drugs.

while bath salts produce a high similar to that of cocaine, heroin or methamphetamine.

Once again the news fails. I do not know a single 'bath salt' that produces a high similar to heroin, cocaine or methamphetamine. I wish there was a legal heroin substitute, but alas there is not. I hope that they don't ban Kratom, that's the only legal drug I actually enjoy. Can't say this is surprising, at least the chemists are already making new legal drugs, that makes me happy.

Where I live in Luzerne County(Wilkes-Barre/Scranton) Bath salts where banned just a few weeks ago

WOW! I'm pretty angry about this. How am I going to get my salvia and 2c-e now ): I can get over 2c-e and the others but banning salvia really really sucks.

2c-i and 2-p too! wow I need to stock up.. I'm going to go up to my local smoke shop and see if i can buy out all their salvia cheap

Where I live in Luzerne County(Wilkes-Barre/Scranton) Bath salts where banned just a few weeks ago

I know man I live in the same county and can tell ya that they were ALL over the news about a month or so ago. 2 people went on a rampage while on them and that was the end of it.

Once again the news fails. I do not know a single 'bath salt' that produces a high similar to heroin, cocaine or methamphetamine. I wish there was a legal heroin substitute, but alas there is not. I hope that they don't ban Kratom, that's the only legal drug I actually enjoy. Can't say this is surprising, at least the chemists are already making new legal drugs, that makes me happy.
poppies

From what I've heard on this site they're now hard to get as well.

I blame the people that don't live in the Philadelphia and Pittsburgh areas. Fuckers ruin everything for us city folk. ;)

possession with intent to deliver would carry a penalty of up to 15 years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000.
So make your crime worthwhile and deal drugs that are actually profitable.

phrozen I would have to agree with ya a little bit... up here your name goes in the paper for a dui or for jaywalking so getting caught with drugs makes the paper big-time..which can lead to bad press... We recently did have this Bath salt case though where this couple put holes in there walls looking for "imaginary people" trying to kill them.

"while bath salts produce a high similar to that of cocaine, heroin or methamphetamine."

^^^ Heroin!??!? god people are so stupid that write these articles. Those bath salts are nothing like cocaine or meth either...but I know 100 percent for sure that there is no bath salt out there with opiate like effects, otherwise it would be the most profitable AND demanded 'bath salt' to ever hit the market.

"while bath salts produce a high similar to that of cocaine, heroin or methamphetamine."

^^^ Heroin!??!? god people are so stupid that write these articles. Those bath salts are nothing like cocaine or meth either...but I know 100 percent for sure that there is no bath salt out there with opiate like effects, otherwise it would be the most profitable AND demanded 'bath salt' to ever hit the market.

They say things like this in the paper to screw with everyone. Its nothing but propaganda at its finest. LMAO@ bath salts are like heroin.

It makes you think you're seeing monsters and it also makes you think that you can fly and there are a lot of balconies out there.