• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Woman Uses Grandma to Hide Heroin During Traffic Stop

Bricks & Stacks

Bluelighter
WASHINGTON, Pa. -- Investigators said a Washington County woman used her unsuspecting grandmother to conceal more than $2,000 in heroin during a traffic stop.

Washington County sheriff's deputies said Amanda Molinaro, 28, asked her grandmother to hold 120 stamp bags of heroin after being pulled over Monday in the borough of Washington.

Deputies said they stopped Molinaro because she was driving erratically. After she got out of the car, deputies said they noticed an unusual bulge in her grandmother's pocket, which turned out to be drugs.

Deputy Anthony Mosco said the older woman clearly didn't know what the substance was.

Police said Molinaro admitted she gave her grandmother the heroin because she was scared of getting caught.

Read More: http://www.wpxi.com/news/28002650/detail.html

Haha yeah right 2 bricks and 2 bundles bein "more then $2,000" is fuckin crazy. This is like 30 min from the city, but still. I wonder what the fuck granny was thinkin when they was gettin pulled and the young bitch was like "HOLD THIS GRANDMA!!!!" I'm actually surprised they didn't try to hit the granny with charges too.

^ Yeah seriously, that close to the city too and they wanna say $2000??

Hell even $1000 is pushing it, but then again they're probably just using the logic of what 1 bag costs and multiplying it by 120. Although it would be funny if the editor of the paper was like "$2000 for 2 bricks of dope? I usually pay (x ammount) for mine.......I mean um....er.....nevermind...."

I am also surprised that they are not charging the grandma.
To one way of thinking, it is pretty low to get your grandma involved and risk her freedom.
To another way, anything is fair to escape penalty from the unfair drug war.

^^yea exactly 500 max if its at the one-bag retail price....but if u had that much bought mostly in bricks itd be a couple hundred bucks, not even 5, man these papers is fuckin crazy with the price estimates.

With the 2k for 120 slips it pretty much comes out to almost 17 dollars a bag.... These cops are fucking tripping

^Don't sleep on the suburbs outside the city I was talkin to my man about this shit earlier we was watchin the news and he was sayin "somebody he used to know" used to go out to this same area and get 20 all day long usually I would question it but he aint one to make some shit up, and I know in SE OH they go for that much and it really aint much past that lil town so I guess the papers was close this time, I'm fuckin shocked.

And y'all got to remember Pittsburgh ain't like Jersey like yeah we def got a lot of d, but once you get outside the city in the burbs you ain't like almost in another dope city or already in another dope city like North NJ, outside of Pittsburgh western PA sucks yo.

^Don't sleep on the suburbs outside the city I was talkin to my man about this shit earlier we was watchin the news and he was sayin "somebody he used to know" used to go out to this same area and get 20 all day long usually I would question it but he aint one to make some shit up, and I know in SE OH they go for that much and it really aint much past that lil town so I guess the papers was close this time, I'm fuckin shocked.

And y'all got to remember Pittsburgh ain't like Jersey like yeah we def got a lot of d, but once you get outside the city in the burbs you ain't like almost in another dope city or already in another dope city like North NJ, outside of Pittsburgh western PA sucks yo.

Damn people spending that much.... I guess i am spoiled with the pretty much nickle bags, crazy to hear people are paying 3x as much for the same shit

i watched the clip from the first link n it said she had 2000 dollars in case as well as the H so maybe they got it twisted up in the write up and she came up with 20 stacks to get out on bail within a hour or so they said

Damn people spending that much.... I guess i am spoiled with the pretty much nickle bags, crazy to hear people are paying 3x as much for the same shit

Shit in WV I seen fire bags/Bmore caps go for 30 as a deal and 40 for singles, just imagine how hard it would be to have a habbit down that mufucker.

^^yea exactly 500 max if its at the one-bag retail price....but if u had that much bought mostly in bricks itd be a couple hundred bucks, not even 5, man these papers is fuckin crazy with the price estimates.
She doesn't know what she's doing if she didn't get a bulk discount. But, if she did buy loosies and they're originally from Philly/Camden, they're $10 a pop.

You can see the bags on that video, they are def North Jersey bags, not Philly/Camden bags. But still she not from the city so even if she got em in the burgh she prob woulda got yax'd on singles and paid $10 or some shit but I doubt she paid 500 a brick. I seen somewhere today that it was $1,200 in cash they caught her with, so she prob had copped like 5 bricks or somethin it said the cops "Believed the money was from earlier drug sales in Washington county" like wtf I think granny had to know somethin if the bitch was ridin around bustin snaps while granny ridin shotty

Grand daughter is just takin a fall for her king-pin granny cause she knows she'll hook her up with a mountain of dope when she gets out of jail =p

no one ever suspects gramma

Isnt illegal for the police to search someone unless the police have reasonable suspicion that she/he is carrying a gun or knife 6 inches or longer? I think this is called the "Terry Pat down" law.

I remember reading this on erowid: http://www.erowid.org/freedom/police/police_consent1.shtml and below is some interesting and relevant info from the erowid link.

"WHAT A POLICEMAN CAN NOT MAKE YOU DO

Police are not allowed to frisk for anything except weapons. If, during a weapons pat, an officer discovers something 'suspicious' you don't have to show it to them.

Although the police have been given a lot of leeway to 'check for weapons', the Supreme Court has ruled (in the key decision Minnesota v Dickerson, 1993) that a weapons search may not be used as a pretext for a more general search. In Minnesota v Dickerson, a man was stopped coming out of a 'notorious crack house' and was patted down in a 'Terry Stop'. The officer noticed something in the man's pocket which he said 'felt to be a lump of crack cocaine in cellophane'. He reached in the defendant's pocket and found some crack-cocaine. The Supreme Court ruled that in order to determine whether the item was crack or not required a further, unwarranted search was necessary which was not acceptable by 4th Amendment standards.

Police are not allowed to search everyone (see Ybarra v. Illinois, 444 U.S. 85 (1979). In Ybarra v. Illinois, a man was patted down in a bar where the police were arresting a bar owner for selling heroin. An officer identified "a cigarette pack with objects in it" in the man's pocket during the pat down and decided to search Ybarra. The High Court ruled that the officer overstepped his authority by searching everyone in the bar, even though they had a warrant to arrest the bartender and search the bar for evidence of drug sales.

A common situation where police attempt to search many individuals without probable cause is a raided party. Sometimes police tell people to 'empty your pockets' or they pat everyone down as they are leaving or they target a few people based on appearance for a full blown search. Most raids on parties are done without a judge-issued warrant and are based on noise complaints, city ordainances about event sizes, etc. In these cases, most searches will be citizens 'voluntarily' complying with requests except in the case of violence, extreme intoxication, or obvious criminal activity. Be polite and considerate of the difficult job the LEO's have, but do not consent to any warrantless search and do not offer information to the police regarding any criminal activity they suspect you of."

You're completely correct itsok!

I wish more people knew what their rights actually were.

dont matter wat your rights are if you waive em. The granny prolly let em search her.

Anyways, cops allowed to search based on "plain sight" evidence--if they can see it in plain sight without lookin for it or searchin for it in any way--if its just there out in the open, then they can use that as their PC to search.

So even if she refused a search, they prolly just used 'plain sight' as their explanation, like yo we could see the brick outlined in her pocket. Even tho they really dont know that it was a brick at all, coulda been anything we all know that but the po po prolly used it and manipulated it in some way that it made the shit legal.

yall know they dont play by the rules anyways, i dont know why yall always postin about "your rights" and all this shit cuz anybody got experience with it knows damn well they dont pay no mind to your rights. why yall actin suprised that shit like that happens? It aint nothin new.

shit yo, fuck "pretty much"--shit aint 'close to' bein nicks, its just straight up nicks. And less if you aint coppin looseys. 3 times, not even yo--like 4 times as much. Shits nutz.