• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom question

foxytram

Greenlighter
I have been wanting to try Kratom for a while now, I have read most of what I could find on it on BL. I still have questions. Is effects closer to Tramadol or Oxycodone. I use both for pain. For years I liked the tramadol better. I now use the oxy more due to fact I have more pain then I used to. Is it like a cross between tramadol and oxycodone. I also want to know if I used tramadol can I still use kratom or is that dangerous. What kind should I use for pain how much should I take? I use tramadol up to 8 a day if only using it. Oxycodone 40mg a day and again only that. Sometimes I use both at lower doses. all doses are spaced out through awake hours. If I was to use tramadol how long should I wait to use kratom in order to be safe. I am not much of a mixer and matcher. If I use oxy I wait at least 4 hours to take tramadol and vice versa. Thanks for any info. 8)

Crush the leaves and put them in capsules. Then start experimenting whit the dose as your tolerance is quite mix and match at the moment.

I would not expect you to be only on Kratom if you have to take 40mg of oxycodone per day. Also you did not mention the strength of Tramadol you are taking.

What is your point for taking the Kratom at all?

Is effects closer to Tramadol or Oxycodone. I use both for pain.

I also want to know if I used tramadol can I still use kratom or is that dangerous. What kind should I use for pain how much should I take?

I use tramadol up to 8 a day if only using it. Oxycodone 40mg a day and again only that.

If I was to use tramadol how long should I wait to use kratom in order to be safe. I am not much of a mixer and matcher.

In my experience, Kratom can be speedy like Tramadol.

Tramadol lowers the seizure threshold and there are reports (such as this one) of Kratom inciting seizures. It has been theorized that Kratom may exhibit effects similar to Tramadol on serotonin receptors. With that in mind, if you are intent on experimenting with Kratom, my suggestion would be to stop taking Tramadol for several days before using Kratom.

I want to use it for pain, since its natrual. I do not like weed at all. I use 50mg ir tramadols. Oxycodone is a pain in the butt to get. To many rules with the pain clinic. When your actually using them for pain and take extra to bad if you run out early for the most part. I would rather use something I can get myself. I use neither of the above to get a high but I do like the feeling they both give me. I use the tramadol to keep on a lower dose of oxy. Oxy is a hassle and a half. I would like to try the kratom and see if it helps with my pain. Mabey use it I run out of oxy early. I have been on the same dose for 3 years but can't get my script increased. No insurance to go to a pain clinic. However I don't want to try it if its going to make me outta of it. I have kids to care for and a great fear of medicine or drugs. I actually hate them. But I gotta take care of my family. I have Lupus and RA. I use the oxycodone 10mg a dose or tramadol 2 50mg per dose. When I say I hate them I mainly mean I hate the fact I half to take them. I want to use natrual things to help.

Last edited:
Everything that exists is natural. Things that dont exists are unnatural. There have been a lot of controlled studies about Tramadol and oxycodone and you know what you get in each pill.

Kratom is a whole different story. It has not been tested for clinical use and it contains atleast 28 active alkaloids which tend to do something with your CNS but most of them are not tested. Also amount of those alkaloids vary in each strain and the time they are picked and on what kind of soil they have been planted. You will not know exactly what The Kratom that you are about to consume contains.

For kratom info you need to know the different strains and extracts:
For a stimulating experience with slight painkilling effects try Red Vein Thai. Gives a rushy kind of stimulating euphoria...very nice but lacking in affinity for our target a.k.a. mu :)

For the most sedating effect with moderate painkilling properties try Indo. Take this one at night as it can really make you relaxed. Deccent affinity.

The most well-balanced is either Super Green Malaysian or generic Bali. Both feel like a low dose hydrocodone with some mental effects that are hard to describe.

If those aren't working try an extract or "pimps" version. 15x, while not 15 times stronger than plain leaf still satisfies many hydrocodone fans.

For kratom info you need to know the different strains and extracts:
For a stimulating experience with slight painkilling effects try Red Vein Thai. Gives a rushy kind of stimulating euphoria...very nice but lacking in affinity for our target a.k.a. mu :)

For the most sedating effect with moderate painkilling properties try Indo. Take this one at night as it can really make you relaxed. Deccent affinity.

The most well-balanced is either Super Green Malaysian or generic Bali. Both feel like a low dose hydrocodone with some mental effects that are hard to describe.

If those aren't working try an extract or "pimps" version. 15x, while not 15 times stronger than plain leaf still satisfies many hydrocodone fans.

Thanks this is what I was looking for. I know my questions can be all over the place. When my pain is at lower levels I use the tramadol as I like its stimulating effects and sense of well being. When its bad I use the oxycodone. I like the fact that I can order the kratom when needed rather than half to go to a pain mangement doc as my doc won't prescribe me high dose opiates. She thinks I need to go but I dont like the stigima of someone treating me like Im guilty b4 I do anything wrong. Plus Im gonna half to be on pain pills my whole life so its in my best interest to use as little as I can. Most ppl are on alot higher of doses after being on it for so many years. I have been on tramadol for 8+ years and the oxycodone for 3 years. Thanks so much for the info.
%)

Purchase large gelatin capsules and put the Kratom inside. It is one of the foulest tasting things I have ever experienced. It's really really really bad....You will see what I mean.