pregnant and feening

rhtips

Bluelighter
I am 2 months pregnant now and although I was a terrible e-tard, K-crazy,meth-head , acid-freak......I havnt touched any of the stuff since I found out I had conceived. But i jones so bad sometimes I wonder, what drugs can I do without harming the baby. HORRIBLE ISNT IT??? I've even tried DXM but threw it up 5 minutes later out of guilt. Please help my addictions...I dont want to do something stupid and lose my child! Is there any herbal remedies or highs that are harmleess, but might help with the feeling of needing to be high?

Unfortunately for your position of addiction and craving, there's really not much that you can do that's going to alter your chemistry enough to make you 'high' without altering that of your baby as well, which, needless to say, isn't good.
I'm glad you've made the decision to not do any drugs since you found out that you were pregnant. That's very responsible of you.
As for your position on addiction, about the ONLY thing you can do, I think, is have maybe 2 glasses of wine a day, and that's ONLY two. I believe that much does not harm your baby.
Don't take my word on that, please look it up and ask your doctor about it.
*hugs*
Good luck and don't hesitate to email if you want to talk. :)
-plaz out-

You probably will need to seek professional help on this one. Like counseling on how to cope through life without having to have something to get you high. I do comend you on staying sober since you found out though. When I first found out that I was pregnant I was secretly pissed off because I wanted to start partying again after taking a very long break. But that wore off and I started to get high naturally on just being a beautiful pregnant chick with a big belly that moved on its own and was pretty and round! But seriously hang in there long enough until you start feeling those first faint kicks from your growing baby. Then you probably change your mind. If not then do what I first recomended and seek professional help.
Feline

it doesn't say where you're from, but I would suggest looking for some local resources for more help...if you could tell us which country you're from, perhaps I could post some links/numbers you can call...
take care

Addiction is not "weakness" or lack of willpower; it will not go away because you love your unborn. Seeking professional help is the best thing you can do.
If you were pregnant and had diabetes you would seek extra medical attention to make sure both you and the baby were safe and healthy.
This is no different.

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to get high that will not have some effect on your baby. I would seriously recommend getting some kind of professional help. I know someone who continued to get fucked up on all kinds of drugs while pregnant and her child was born with some serious medical problems that will cause her child to most likely die before he turns 18. She has to live every day knowing that the choices she made have basically sentenced her child to death.

i'm 26 weeks pregnant right now and i still smoke pot...some people will disagree but everyone has their own opinions. i see my doc regularly and my baby is actually ahead on her growth right now..its going to be a girl by the way. i def would not recomment other drugs...just for the chemical matter. wine is not a bad suggestion. i drink a glass with steak sometimes and its great. just take consideration..if its going to mess you up beyond comprehension...then what is it doing to your child? if my doctor tells me what i'm doing is harming the baby i would immediately stop...NO QUESTION...peace

Addiction is not "weakness" or lack of willpower
I dunno about that. It's all in the mind. Remember our bodies are our slaves, not the other way round! Sometimes it seems like the body calls the moves, but if you've got half a fucking mind and a bit o nerve, u can tell yer body to get fucked. Tell it who's boss.
Sure it might be uncomfortable, yeah it might drive ya mad, but so what. You've got a baby growing inside you, and that means you have to think of it before yourself for once. Dont be a tard, stick to some Light weed smoking if you absolutely have to have something, and count down the months.
Good luck :)
[ 02 July 2002: Message edited by: Shrinking Brain ]

Addiction is a disease of the mind and the body.
You are welcome to your opinion and I mine so no offense taken, except that I am a female.

Please, please seek a relationship with something other than drugs while you're pregnant, and even after your daughter is born, unless someone else is watching her. I have seen the effects of drugs as simple as marijuana, yes, as simple as marijuana, and let me tell you, it's not worth it. I could tell you things that would make you sick. Sure, you and your daughter could be 2 of the lucky ones, but are you willing to risk that? Are you willing to possibly wake up every day for the rest of your life knowing that if you would have just made one different decision her life may have been better? Above all don't forget, just because you want to get high, doesn't mean your daughter does.
I don't want to seem like an asshole, but please remember, she is helpless right now and needs you. And she needs you to be healthy for her.
Stay strong and heed femmefeline's words, they were wonderful.

I think this is really great that you are able to admit this, even to an online community. I've found myself thinking in the past that it would be really really hard for me to abstain from alcohol for the whole period of a pregnancy (I drink at least two glasses of wine an average of 4 days/wk now). It has to be something of a challenge to say the least.
I do think that this is something that, once you get over the hump, or the worst of it, it won't be that bad. My main suggestions--try to stay away from situations in which this stuff is available. Forgo the parties if you have to. Let as many of your friends as you can know about your need to stay drug-free for this period of time and inlist their help. And, I know this sounds somewhat cheesy, but it might help, look into finding a yoga class that's designed for pregnancy, or one of the vidoes that's like this. Some people find that, by becoming super healthy or working out that they get more of a natural high or a calming effect. Either way it might be worth it.

I've had a couple of friends who were hard partiers and then unexpectadly got pregnant. One of them would do coke, e, acid, smoke weed and cigs, drink alcohol, take vicatin pretty much every weekend. Not all of those in one night, lol! She would mix it up each party. When she found out she was pregnant she was able to stop everything but still continued to smoke weed. Her baby boy was born about 5 months ago and was perfectly healthy and huge!
An occasional beer or glass of wine isn't going to hurt your baby. Smoking weed isn't going to be detrimental either. My suggestion would be to talk to a professional about your feelings and cravings first, regardless of whether you decide to drink or smoke herb. Just talking to someone might be all it takes. Fizzygirl's suggestion about working out or taking a yoga class would probably help tremendously too. The high from excersising is a great feeling and knowing you feel good and aren't doing anything bad to your baby would definitely lift your spirits. Good luck girl!

I was in your situation almost exactly one year ago. I was an extreamly heavy partier. I did coke, meth, and alcohol at least 5 nights a week and e once a month. All of a sudden one day I found out that I was pregnant. This was something that I had been wanting for a VERY long time. What I did was pretty extream but I moved two states away within 3hrs of seeing that the test was possitive with no previous plans to do so. I am not suggesting this for you but because of the line of work I was in (dancer) and the drugs I was doing I couldn't risk staying around one more day. I knew that if I went to work that night I would be put in a position in which I would have to have extreeme willpower and I didn't trust myself enough to do that, even though I already loved my daugher with everything inside me. Even though I moved away I still had those cravings, I even dreamed about getting high almost every night.
I did contenue to smoke weed and cigerettes, although I did cut down drasticly on the cigs. I probibly had 6 glasses of wine during my whole pregnancy. Well, I went into labor 5 weeks early and my daugher was born weighing 4lbs 10.3oz and was 17 1/2 in. She was very lucky in that other than being small she was in perfect health, but it could have been much worse. I don't know what caused it but I do know with my next child I pray that I will be able to control my self to not smoke cigs and if I do smoke pot to make it a very occational thing. (I don't think the small amount of alcohol did anything)
I commend you for being so strong for your unborn child. I know how hard it is. Just know that when you finnaly meet him/her you will know what happiness truly is, being a mother is one of the hardest most rewarding experiences one could be blessed with. My thoughts and prayers are with you, just take it moment by moment and never loose sight of why you are doing this.

Good. You seem to have made a choice, you have chosen to have a baby rather than to take drugs. Pregnancy and drugs are not compatible so you must choose one or the other as you have. I just wish some of my friends were as strong willed as you are. You know you can tough it out if you want a baby, anyone can if they want something enough. Good luck to you.

just wanted to post and say i've had my new ultrasound last week and my baby is actually a half a pound bigger than normal so everything is great and the pregnancy is going good..i got my first stretch mark last week too....EEKKK!!

^
|
:) Make sure you get Vitamin E oil and start applying!
It will become easier and easier-4th and 5th month truly makes you fall in love regardless of what you might be going through now.
Once you hold your baby, you are going to know you made the best choice.
Congratulations btw

i heard about vit E oil..i guess now i have to try it...i'm starting to get really big now so i need to take the stretch mark precautions LOL..at least as much as i can..thanx for the info

congratulations :) sounds like things are doing well. try and stay clean, it really is important - remember drugs can affect a baby's mental growth as well.

for what you want to hear:
http://www.naturalchildbirth.org/natural/resources/breastfeeding/breastfeeding08.htm
for what you dont want to hear: stay away from the "march of dimes" site.
for the record: I have 2 kids. I drank minimally, socialy, rarely. although in early pregancy I had a tough time and had a couple of nights of 4-5 glasses of wine. I smoked weed occasionally - mostly just pinners to take the edge off. Both kids are fine - thriving and developmentally and socially sound.
My bigger fear is will this lack of control affect them as adults? give them a taste or craving that they would not have had had I been perfect? I'll let you know in 20 years.

Hey girl, I'm in the same boat, I'm 21 wks now, and haven't touched hard stuff since I found out, and, fortunately, hadn't even done it since I conceived, before I found out. I do smoke pot a couple times a month, as I did when pregnant with my 4-year-old son (who is a brilliant, healthy little boy), and I know I would feel so horrible if I were to party seriously while pregnant. It does help, as someone mentioned, when you start to feel her/him moving quite a bit, you can't ignore that, I'm sure if you were messed up you would feel so guilty, knowing what you put in your body goes straight to him/her. I know it's hard, you should make sure you don't hang around other people when they're getting fuct up; my boyfriend rolled a month ago at home, and it was torture, really upsetting to deal with. Hang in there, you will be so happy you did!
Congratulations...