• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Does Sudafed (pseudoephedrine version) give you energy?

thegreatgeno

Bluelighter
I know it doesn't have any recreation/euphoric use unless it's in meth, but would a 120mg pseudoephedrine pill give you any energy in a similar manner to caffiene?

^ This. In my experience, pseudoephedrine has a nasty body high. Anxious, twitchy, and all that shit.

Pseudoephedrine is an extremely weak stimulant. Taking it in doses in excess of 100 mg at once can be very bad for the heart, it also is a vasoconstrictor and increases blood pressure. Anyone with heart issues, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or any other heart issues is susceptible to dangerous adverse effects if this drug is taken in high doses.

pseudoeph is really trippy. it feels like dirty speed. its very weird i still have a pack layin around that ive had for over a yr cuz i tried some out for decongestant effect cuz i had a cold & ppl thought i was like high or something. its skethy even at 60mg.
try 30mg or at most 60mg. u might not be able to sleep either.
it makes ya feel a little psychotic. not much fun. havea cup of tea or something
its stronger than caffine but its sketchy & doesnt feel natural

before I knew what amphetamine was I would notice that a couple pseudoephedrine tablets and a cup of coffee would get me up in a pleasant way, however the second I tried adderall I found pseudoephedrine to be worthless for anything other than it's intended purpose. Ephedrine works a little better, but still nothing like good old dextroamphetamine. I'd say Ephedrine gives you more energy than Pseudoephedrine.

So if you're not used to amps or ritalin or cocaine than yeah a few Sudafeds with some coffee will help you stay up but that's about it. Don't over do it either because it's extremely uncomfortable! Like literally no more than 3 or 4 of the tablets, it's just an annoying experience if you take any more.

I'd almost prefer Benzedrex, actually I'd definitely prefer Benzedrex if it didn't come with that horrible lavender menthol smell that makes me want to throw up just by thinking about it.

It will work, but, as others have mentioned, it is not going to be much fun.

Just for the record, it is not "in" methamphetamine, it is just used in the illicit manufacturing of methamphetamine. It is not a part of the end product.