• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Meth - what dose is OK for a newbie?

Twirling the crackie is about the funnest drug taking ritual you can get, for me anyways.

Agreed :p I sincerely wish I could dose all of my drugs this way.

I find it gets old, real old... not to mention after an hour or two, all you think abouts havin another twirl :p

then before you know it, the weekends over and you have spent half your paycheck on shards :\

Don't inject Methamphetamine, only junkies and people who will sooner or later be junkies IV meth, almost with out exception.

haha. yeah right :| 8)

Depends on what you define as a junkie, you don't have to IV meth everyday to ruin your life. And you may have friends that are addicted to IV methamphetamine and you have little idea about it. Some people manage to hide their addiction quite well considering their drug use.
Maybe you happen to know a whole lot of people who use IV meth and don't abuse it ... would be interesting to know what sort of friends you have.

If you are not using on a regular basis you can still get a great high from using it some other way.
I don't know why you would want to wack something up your arm that could have been quite poorly manufactured, I think you are gambling, although the odds are greatly in your favor you still can lose. If you very knowledgeable on methamphetamine then I guess this may not be a problem.

I've have only met a couple of people that I *think* may have IV'ed meth that weren't drug fucked losers, and even they probably have had meth have a negative impact on their lives.

To quote the OP:
My mate who is injecting me is experienced (and addicted to it even though he denies it)

My advice to anyone with an addictive personality, do not ever even think of IV methamphetamine.

IMO anyone with an addictive personally shouldnt touch methamphetamine fullstop...

your post just made you sound like someone who just thinks IV is a dirty way of administration and that nearlly all IV meth users are 'drug fucked losers' :\

I like smokin pipes o shards i must say, if you can get full-on addicted to it you must be a millionare ! My sat night silly funds are emptly after like half a point lol..

It really is is shit drug though. No matter what form it is in..
Or mabey i just have a shit job, or dealers, or both, ahah.
But I would gladly never touch the shit again, if only MDMA would come back ffs the world was so mcuh better off..
Sorry off topic, umm cant add really - Never tried IV myself, Guess thats why i cliked "Meth - what dose is OK for a newbie?" hehe..
Sounds about as or more unnaffordable than smoking it, really.

To be honest I think you are getting fucking shit gear, I dont personally inject drugs but I have been using amphetamines for many years, including smoking meth for the last 5, when I buy ice I consider it pretty shit if a point does not last me a number of hours. I have had near pure shit and a point is more than enough to satisfy over a day of being quite high.

I remember seeing someone who supposedly injected a gram of two of 'base' everyday inject like 15-20mg of ice that while good, wasnt particularly great from that source who usually had the kouta, they reckoned that shit was on par with their first ever shot!

If you seriously are shooting points with little to no meth tolerance you are well and truly getting ripped off, especially with todays prices.

IMO anyone with an addictive personally shouldnt touch methamphetamine fullstop...

I agree.
I should have prefixed what I said with "If you are going to use methamphetamine".
Although I know you can easily form an addiction regardless of what method you use.

your post just made you sound like someone who just thinks IV is a dirty way of administration and that nearlly all IV meth users are 'drug fucked losers'

I think it is unnecessary and if you are sticking a needle in your arm you might want to ask yourself where you are in life.

"Almost with out exception", I only say that because that is what I have seen.
A lot of IV meth users are pretty fucked up.

I couldnt iv anything, hate needles, if its gud shit dun need toworry about route of adminstration

I couldnt iv anything, hate needles, if its gud shit dun need toworry about route of adminstration

That's a good attitude to have, but you won't find many users who've IV'd that would say the ROA doesn't matter ;)

I agree.
I should have prefixed what I said with "If you are going to use methamphetamine".
Although I know you can easily form an addiction regardless of what method you use.

I think it is unnecessary and if you are sticking a needle in your arm you might want to ask yourself where you are in life.

"Almost with out exception", I only say that because that is what I have seen.
A lot of IV meth users are pretty fucked up.

Can you please elaborate a bit more of that one??????

TBH, Ive seen alot more 'fucked up' meth users that are on the pipe rather than the pick...

Through my personal experience, when I was on the pipe, I would go through a half weight (and I shouted cunts) of good gear a weekend (usually thursday or Friday till sunday or monday). Ever since I started I.Vin, I go through no more than 2.5 points threw a weekend and thats only once a fortnight, I no longer feel the need to get on every weekend...

All the pipe did was leave me feenin, literally within two hours of my last smoke, all I would think about is loading up another one 8) When I have a wack, its a good 6 - 8 hours before I feel the need to re-dose and even then, I usually just have some bongs to pick me back up lol

Edit: Sorry if Im comin across as a cunt but your opion is just hell biased and I feel the need to respond..

Last edited:

TBH, Ive seen alot more 'fucked up' meth users that are on the pipe rather than the pick...

Through my personal experience, when I was on the pipe, I would go through a half weight (and I shouted cunts) of good gear a weekend (usually thursday or Friday till sunday or monday). Ever since I started I.Vin, I go through no more than 2.5 points threw a weekend and thats only once a fortnight, I no longer feel the need to get on every weekend...

All the pipe did was leave me feenin, literally within two hours of my last smoke, all I would think about is loading up another one 8) When I have a wack, its a good 6 - 8 hours before I feel the need to re-dose and even then, I usually just have some bongs to pick me back up lol

Edit: Sorry if Im comin across as a cunt but your opion is just hell biased and I feel the need to respond..

To be fair, I can understand what a lot of people have against needles. They come with a whole array of risks that don't apply to any other ROA, and even the most careful user can't avoid these risks entirely. It's more addictive than other ROA's due to the immediate association between administration and the euphoric effect as well as the ability to reach peak plasma levels much faster, it generally comes after the user has graduated from eating/snorting/smoking and last but not least, most people are at least somewhat squeamish when it comes to needles and injection even in a medical setting, let alone when injecting street drugs.

Obviously injecting doesn't automatically entail a more severe level of addiction or health problems, but you can't deny that there's a definite correlation.

To be fair, I can understand what a lot of people have against needles. They come with a whole array of risks that don't apply to any other ROA, and even the most careful user can't avoid these risks entirely. It's more addictive than other ROA's due to the immediate association between administration and the euphoric effect as well as the ability to reach peak plasma levels much faster, it generally comes after the user has graduated from eating/snorting/smoking and last but not least, most people are at least somewhat squeamish when it comes to needles and injection even in a medical setting, let alone when injecting street drugs.

Obviously injecting doesn't automatically entail a more severe level of addiction or health problems, but you can't deny that there's a definite correlation.

Hey dont get me wrong, I know and fully understand why people are against needles.. its just when people say pretty much all I.V meths users are drug fuckd losers and Im then asked to have a look at where I am in my life coz I inject, just makes me wanna throw in my two cents 8)

By that logic, smoking it would be equally addictive...

Weird thing is, I used to have a hardcore phobia of needle.. (due to a childhood sporting injury)... fuck, sometimes still when I have to have a blood test done, I need to have numbing cream and cant loook at the nurse stealin my bloodsss... Also took me a while to sum up the courage to register myself (always had it done for me), but as I said.. in all honesty, I personally find the pipe wayyy more fiendish/addictive than the pick..

Btw, I never re-use fits, make sure all filters, spoons, scoops ect are new and sterile and I never have and never will encourage anyone to have a wack :\

i don't really get jacking gear over smoking it, i can't imagine it being much better

in my (long abandoned) days of using meth, i found that intravenous use had an interesting effect on the 'addictiveness' of the substance.

yes, dangers and potential for harm are increased, but the compulsiveness of smoking/vapourising is to me, far more fiendishly addictive. it is so compulsive that you are only really satisfied whist you are doing it, in my experience, anyway.

injecting it, on the other hand, does give a certain longevity to the high which enables you to enjoy it without fiending so much for the next hit, like you may if smoking it.

i don't really see the point in articulating distaste for IV users or making judgmental remarks - OP was trying to seek harm minimisation advice, afterall.
each to their own, eh?

thats what i dont get.

regardless which ROA u take, you are still ingesting the drug.

Just because u pipe or use the needle, doesnt mean u wont be as addicted or more addicted then the other person that does the other.

People should judge people just because they usea diff ROA. hyprocrit muchly. U are still getting high in the end. :)

intravenous drug users are some of the most marginalised people in our society - if a question on bluelight about appropriate dosing inspires judgemental remarks about the ROA, you have to wonder where IV users - or any drug user - can go for unbiased advice on these matters.

this is important stuff. we're talking about people's lives here, and IV users are just like the rest of us, believe it or not.
some people are freaked out by needles, some people aren't.
there is such an amazing wealth of knowledge about taboo things on this forum, it is a shame to see preachy sentiments come in when it comes to this topic. afterall, if someone's already done it a couple of times and digs it, you're hardly in a position to change their mind.
i didn't see what the fuss was all about with meth until i shot it. it's just another part of the drug war propaganda machine - fear and disinformation with little bits of truth thrown in to convince or confuse.

and getting back to the topic, it seems there is a bit of confusion about what dose the OP is actually referring to. fractions of 0.1g or multiple points?
the idea of new users having to take much more than a point would indeed seem either excessive or a very cut product.
the point i would like to reiterate to OP is to stick to the 'irregular use' plan a little more vigilantly.
there is no rush (no pun intended) in getting to know about this kind of stuff, and while it is exciting and hard not to be too eager when playing with a new drug/ROA, regular use and all its consequences (mental/physical health, dependence, financial etc) can catch up on you very quickly.
in your intended moderation - have fun!

in my (long abandoned) days of using meth, i found that intravenous use had an interesting effect on the 'addictiveness' of the substance.

yes, dangers and potential for harm are increased, but the compulsiveness of smoking/vapourising is to me, far more fiendishly addictive. it is so compulsive that you are only really satisfied whist you are doing it, in my experience, anyway.

injecting it, on the other hand, does give a certain longevity to the high which enables you to enjoy it without fiending so much for the next hit, like you may if smoking it.

i don't really see the point in articulating distaste for IV users or making judgmental remarks - OP was trying to seek harm minimisation advice, afterall.
each to their own, eh?

Thank you :)

This is very true. I was happy to have a shot and go back to partying for hours onwards where as smoking, you'll never get me off the couch lol

but the compulsiveness of smoking/vapourising is to me, far more fiendishly addictive.

I was told by someone who studied psychology at university that smoking meth was the most psychologically addictive.

Maybe when I am sober, I don't think there is much that needs saying. I am sure some people get what I mean.

Dosage for relative newbie over 2 days

Not sure the second part of my original question was answered...this Friday, I am intending to inject 0.1g of reasonably strong ice and want to try a 2 or 3 day bender (to see what it is like, then drop off for occasional use only - say once a month only., say another 0.1g on Saturday and then see how I feel. Prolly will stop there but might go again Sunday (off work til Wednesday).

Will say 0.2g over 2 days (or 0.3g over 3 days) be too much? Most I have used since starting in April in a night was about 0.125g...

Also, yes I am a he and yes (I hiope this was clearer) never gone over the 0.125 to 0.15g over a half day...

How much higher is the extra risk of going again? While I do want to try the bender thing, I am happy to pass on it if it is too dangerous.

Also, as an aside, until last night, barely thoughtb about using at all...then last night (with long weekend getting closer) dreamed really clearly of injecting ...is this unusual? No cravings for the drug at all really just the needle...