• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Former teammate says Lance Armstrong injected EPO

slimvictor

Bluelight Crew
Tyler Hamilton joined Floyd Landis on the list of cyclists who once worked for Lance Armstrong but now say the seven-time Tour de France winner used performance-enhancing drugs.

In an interview with "60 Minutes,'' Hamilton admitted that he doped and said Armstrong did, as well - using the blood booster EPO in the 1999 Tour and before the race in 2000 and 2001. Armstrong's string of seven straight wins lasted from 1999-2005.

"I saw (EPO) in his refrigerator. ... I saw him inject it more than one time, like we all did. Like I did, many, many times,'' Hamilton said in the "60 Minutes'' interview that was aired Thursday on the "CBS Evening News.''

He said Armstrong "took what we all took ... the majority of the peloton,'' referring to riders in the race. "There was EPO ... testosterone ... a blood transfusion.''

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...st.ld.writethru.1376/index.html#ixzz1Mt2A6smk

is there anyone on this forum that has used EPO? I want to try it but want to know if it's worth it first. I run long distances but hit a serious wall after the 10th mile or so. Would EPO help me approach marathon length?

huge rush: high-impact running. Better than good heroin IMHO.

^ What is "high-impact running"?
Is it different than good old regular running?

I agree about exercise and the good feelings, though it is not really so much of a "rush" for me.
Sometimes, on my most intense days, I do yoga, then ride my bike 7 miles (12 km) to the gym, then swim 1500 meters, then lift weights, then ride my bike home (or to school, and ride home at the end of the day).
I feel deeply tired, of course, but I also feel incredibly good - a warmth in my body that continues for the rest of the day. I sleep better, eat better, and generally am much happier.

Never used EPO, but I am also curious about getting an informed answer.

^ What is "high-impact running"?
Is it different than good old regular running?

this'll vary from person to person, but I get the euphoria after running more than 3 miles at a pace of under 7 minutes a mile. If I run slower or shorter than that the effect is significantly less pronounced. This "runner's high" is currently attributed to endocannabinoids--though nobody is certain why it happens.

So you are talking about very intense exercise.
Have you tried jumping rope? I read recently that it can be 5X more intense than fast running.
I have been playing around with it recently, just 2 minutes at a time, 3 sets.
It is pretty intense!

There was an article several years ago in Outside magazine that covered the writers experience with performance enhancing drugs. He was under the care of a doctor the entire time. You might look it up.

So you are talking about very intense exercise.
Have you tried jumping rope? I read recently that it can be 5X more intense than fast running.
I have been playing around with it recently, just 2 minutes at a time, 3 sets.
It is pretty intense!
I used to jump rope. Did it for over a year, almost daily. Averaged 120 or so jumps per minute for 30 minutes at a time. I never got a rush or anything similar to using drugs, but just like with any type of exercise, you feel much better throughout.

I was never a big runner, so I can't comment on how different they are. From what I've read though, it does burn more calories. Although I don't think I've ever seen a real study comparing the two.

^ Wow, Phrozen, 30 minutes of jumping rope?!
That is amazing.
I can swim for an hour without taking a break, but I can't jump rope for more than about 3 minutes.
(I am not used to it, which is part of it, but still...)

It took a while to get there. I think I was at 15 or 20 minutes after a month of daily jumping. I remember that after my first day I had DOMS throughout my legs and back. :D

But yeah, that's how I got better. A couple minutes here and there and then I just kept adding to it. Then I started doing the double spins, alternating feet, arms crossed jumps, and that whip move that the boxers do.

I stopped jumping when I started squatting. I felt that the jumping was messing with my recovery -not giving my muscles enough time to heal.

^ I love squats - they are my favorite gym exercise. But I wouldn't think that jumping rope would work my legs in any way that might interfere. Never tried.
Maybe I will be working on jumping rope soon, especially now that I have heard your story.
I do squats twice a week, so there are at least 3 days I could still jump rope without interfering, I think.
(I feel like I/we have hijacked this thread. Sorry about that!)