• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

A Tour of Gordon Todd Skinner’s Subterranean LSD Palace

25-DM-4-LYFE

Greenlighter
An interview with Krystle Cole regarding her involvement with the Pickard lab via Dosenation.

LIFE IS A COSMIC GIGGLE ON THE BREATH OF THE UNIVERSE

NSFW:
krystle-in-gas-mask.jpg

EXCERPT:

What were some of the substances that the group synthesized and experimented with?
Todd’s specialty was tryptamines. He would perform Mimosa hostilis extractions but could also produce synthetic DMT. He was very proud of all the different chemicals he had. If you got close enough to him, you would get to see this huge “library” of different substances—hundreds of different drugs. This was back in 2000 before most of these substances could be purchased online as research chemicals. Todd would go around giving everybody stuff, and we were like, “Give me!” I don’t know what most of the things were. Back then I was on so many different substances, it was like living in an entheogenic monastery. I didn’t have to work. I didn’t have to worry about paying bills. I didn’t have to do anything other than take psychedelics. I had the opportunity to use all kinds of unusual things like ALD-52 and ergot wine, as well as some totally novel things that I have not heard of before or since.

What were some of the novel substances?
Well, I couldn’t talk about a lot of this stuff before, but I can now because the statute of limitations has expired. Specifically, there was one substance that nobody had ever tried before. It was something completely new, and what I experienced on it was above and beyond anything I can describe. Because it was like looking... It was like it turned reality into this whole… I mean, it was reality, but like a layer over reality. It’s hard to explain, but afterward I felt like it taught my brain that there was a neurological switch I could just flip and enter an altered state at will.

What was the name of this substance?
Todd didn’t name most of the chemicals he created, but this was a novel analog of 5-MeO-αMT. He sent me a number of letters from prison describing the synthesis in coded language; apparently it could be made with electrified rhodium foil in a 20-gallon fish tank.[1] There were lots of new things, but that one was particularly crazy. He also said it was an especially sensitive molecule that was prone to degradation, and so when storing that particular “book” in one of his “libraries” it had to be “bound” with a “light-blocked book cover.” There were other novel substances as well. Leonard made a new LSD analog called “diazedine,” though I don’t know exactly what that was either.

Are you familiar with lysergic acid 2,4-dimethylazetidide?[2]
No, but they were calling this diazedine. It was also crazy, but nothing earth-shattering. Leonard gave it to Todd in a bottle of Everclear for testing, and we would dose a capful at a time. Apparently, diazedine failed to be doable on a large scale because the production costs were too high and the yields too low. Diazedine caused a lot of stress between Todd and Leonard, because they had high expectations for it as an LSD alternative.

[1] In Todd’s letters from prison, he describes using both 5-Fluoro-αMT and 6-Fluoro-αMT. The former is commercially available in small quantities, and the latter was distributed by Leonard’s group and is said to be a “beast.” Both are active psychedelics, but neither could be produced with the precursors and electrified rhodium-foil fish-tank apparatus Todd described.

[2] Lysergic acid 2,4-dimethylazetidide (aka LSZ) belongs to a very small group of serotonergic psychedelics that surpass LSD in potency. Aside from the fact that “diazedine” is a lexical clipping of dimethylazetidine (diazedine<dimethylazetidine), the first paper describing the chemistry and pharmacology of LSZ came out of a laboratory at Purdue University, where Leonard had previously studied under the renowned chemist David Nichols. Though the paper was published after Leonard’s arrest, it is still quite likely he was aware of the preliminary research. When I asked Dr. Nichols whether he thought Pickard may have produced LSZ, he replied, “Leonard knew of our work, of that I am certain.” Rumors of LSZ distributed on blotter paper (purportedly under the name λ) have circulated for years, though there are few confirmed reports of its existence. Of course, the name diazedine is ambiguous and could be referring to just about anything, but I would bet a kilo of benzotriazole-1-yl-oxy-tris-pyrrolidino-phosphonium hexafluorophosphate that LSZ and diazedine are one and the same.

mod edit:
Related video linked by McWaffle below
http://www.vice.com/hamiltons-pharmacopeia/getting-high-on-krystle
-amapola

Last edited by a moderator:
Very interesting article. Thanks for posting!

I should say that "Life is a cosmic giggle" is a Ram Dass quote from the 70's or 80's.

Well worth the read, kinda reminds me of some people i know... Crazy life of the higher up the food chain people....always have crazy stories....

What assholes. Skinner and the girl I mean. She talks like she's really innocent but I thought she had testified against Pickard too, and her story of the kidnapping and torture incident differs from the one I remember hearing when it happened. But who knows, maybe she isn't lying.

Interesting article, as usual from Mr. Morris.

Last edited:
At the top of the pyramid there is no division between drug distribution and drug enforcement. Fifty-four percent of the prison population are sentenced for drug-related offenses. The assets of those prisoners, and the money they draw through the court system, is absolutely enormous. Without chemists to produce drugs, the DEA cannot profit off busts. If they bust people at the lower echelons while retaining the production at the top, they can sustain the agency. Without these chemists, the entire organization would disintegrate.

Interesting!

What assholes. Skinner and the girl I mean. She talks like she's really innocent but I thought she had testified against Pickard too, and her story of the kidnapping and torture incident differs from the one I remember hearing when it happened. But who knows, maybe she isn't lying.

Interesting article, as usual from Mr. Morris.

It's a super complicated story, for more information I recommend reading this story in Rolling Stone as well as the assorted court documents, which can be found online. After reviewing most of the available material I think Krystle Cole is seriously misunderstood. There are about ten pages of furious hate rants against her on the shroomery in response to this Vice article but most people are unwilling to do the necessary research before passing judgement on her. It is completely clear that Skinner was responsible for the downfall of the operation so I'm not sure why she is the recipient of so much hate, well if you hate her YouTube videos that's understandable, but that still does not mean she is a narc.

"The DEA knew that I had dated Todd, and so they were willing to meet with me. I walked into the office with Brad, and we confessed everything. I told them I was an MDMA dealer, the location of one of Todd’s MDMA labs, and about his abuse and the forced druggings."

She is a narc and so is todd, I feel bad for pickard for getting involved with such scumbags.

Todd was a scumbag and Krystle had been raped and drugged by him repeatedly, I don't think that her turning Todd into the police after he narced on Pickard is really narcing as much as it is self-defense. Also who cares if someone narcs on a narc, that is the right thing to do. Also if you read through the court documents Pickard cooperated with the DEA as well, and said if they released him he would begin busting labs with them at once! Pretty much everyone in this story is fucked in one way or another but if there is one innocent party it is Krystle and, perhaps, her boyfriend who had his penis destroyed.

yeah i don't think Krystal is the one to blame entirely, she always seems quite broken and hurt in her videos i always noticed before knowing anything about her past
im not saying she's 100% victim though either, i can imagine her perhaps stepping on a few toes to save her own ass

but even from pictures of Todd he doesn't seem all that nice

i am fascinated by this story though; it's a snapshot glimpse into a deep underworld you never her a whisper from, but you surely know must exist

Imo, people talk shit but nobody knows what its like to walk in someone elses shoes. Just my 2 cents.

My favorite part of the interview:

"Did Leonard seem like someone who would be involved with the heroin trade?

Probably not, but he didn’t seem like someone who would be involved with the LSD trade either! Leonard was so good at acting the part. I never once saw him use a drug or even speak of a drug. The only thing he ever said to me was, “You should go to raves. You will like them.” That’s the only remotely drug-related thing he ever said before the bust."

:D

Great article. Glad Vice has Ham writing for 'em.

Anyone who is raggin' on the girl is doing themselves a disservice.

I have followed the story for awhile and it is definatly a crazy tale. But in the end Pickett and Skinner are doing life and Krystal is doing interviews. I honestly dont know what to make of the whole thing.

What you think Sinner should not be doing life, did you even watch the video?8o8o8o

Also can a mod please move this thread to DITM!

I'll merge it in with the existing thread in DitM which links the article stemming from the video but not the video itself.

homeless >>> merged to DitM