• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Recreational use of Diazepam

Escapedysphoria

Ex-Bluelighter
Why do some prefer to use diazepam recreationally as opposed to other benzodiazepines? I was just curious because I was recently prescribed 10mg valiums and I'm interested in trying it out.

It's just down to personal preference. I find the differences in effects between benzos to be very subtle. I suppose one reason could be its not as sedating as some (i.e. alprazolam, nitrazepam etc) so you are still able to function on it rather well.

Also, it is very good at relieving anxiety, more so than alot of other benzos (for me) and having problems with anxiety is why alot of people start abusing benzops in the first place.

I'm sorry but to me, this question is like asking 'why do some people prefer red to purple'. It's completely subjective. I would say experiment with a dose of like 40mg initally and see if you like it, if you enjoy it then great. If not, then you probably won't enjoy benzos in general as their effects are all so similar...

^^ 40 mg with little or no tolerance would most likely cause you to fall asleep or at the very least blackout.

Try starting with 10-20mg and see how you feel then possibly try a little more.

Diazepam is popular because it's a good "overall" benzo - it has all the effects a benzo should have in a moderately strong way.

Diazepam, along with nitrazepam, temazepam, midazolam, triazolam, flunitrazepam, and nimetazepam are often cited as the most popular benzos in the world.

It may be different now but I think perhaps Diazepam has been more readily available for a londer period of time. You can be rx'd valium for a plethora of different things seeing as it acts as a mild anti-anxitey, mild anti-convulsant, mild muscle relaxant, mild sedative etc.. so a lot of people may have had access to valium that were just left overs from various different ailments/injuries/condtions over the years. So valium isn't all that hard to find.

As others mentioned the difference between many benzos is subtle so a lot of it just comes down to personal preference. many people may prefer valium just because they've had access to it many times. There's so many different benzos out there but many are pretty rare in terms of every day prescriptions..

i find lorazepam, aplrazolam, diazepam, temazepam, and clonazepam all equally euphoric
each is unique and good in it's own way

I would be very careful and do a lot of research before you start to try and use them recreationally. Was my fist big drug mistake. Saw a little bit about them on here then bought 300 blues which were gone within a month, since then it has been 7 years on and off them, sometimes prescribed and sometimes from other places. But I have still not managed to shake them off.

I can't remember if I had anxiety problems before the benzos to be honest. All I know now is that I do have anxiety problems and the benzos help. Have stopped abusing them though as the tapering down and withdrawal process that I have been through a few times is the most unpleasant thing in the world. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

So be carefull, if you were prescribed them then just take them as prescribed rather than saving some for a bit of a binge. It is not worth the risk of getting a habit, believe me.

Prior to being prescribed the 10mg diazepam, I was prescribed 1mg of alprazolam a day and 30mg of temazepam at night so I have a fairly high benzo tolerance (with recreational use building up even more of a tolerance). So far I prefer the diazepam over the alprazolam, I think it allows me to function in my day to day life better without all the memory loss. I definitely enjoy the strong muscle relaxant properties and I feel as though diazepam provides me with more euphoria

I agree with Escapedysphoria i think one of the reasons diazepam is so popular is down to its wide range across the board symptom releif for many anxiety sleep and other conditions.Pluss it has a lengthy half life so withdrawl effects take longer to become noticable which is of benefit especially to a regular benzodiazepine user.!! But yes its a good all round not to strong but not to weak benzodiazepine.Pluss its a good potenator of opiates i find recreationally and you can still function to a certin level while on it yes its my favorite benzo and has been for several years now :)