Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Ravesafe Victoria looking to employ Key Peer Educators

johnboy

Bluelight Crew
VIVAIDS - The Victorian Drug User Organisation - is currently searching for motivated and committed individuals to assist with the Ravesafe project. This project is seeking to employ 5 Key Peer Educators who have an involvement within the rave scene, and utilise the knowledge and experience of these people to educate other ravers about safer drug use and safer sex issues.
The 5 ey Peer Educators will attend rave/dance parties to provide partygoers with up to date and relevant information about safer sex, safer using, drugs and raver health issues such as drug use, nutrition, and hearing protection. The Key Peer Educators will also be expected to undertake and assist in the facilitation of training and development of resources.
As a Key Peer Educator you will have an understanding of harm reduction in relation to the use of party drugs, a sound knowledge of dance party culture, an understanding of dance drugs and their effects and a commitment to attend raves, meetings and training as required.
Contact Natalie on 9419 3633 or email [email protected] to receive a copy of the position description. Applications close Wednesday 2nd April.
I met with Natalie last night and has a chat about her plans. It all sounds very positive. I'd like to encourage those of you who have considered joining Enlighten in Melbourne to also consider this, as the two are in no way mutually exclusive. In fact we will hopefully be working closer than ever, and the more overlap the better.

This is a really positive initiative, I'm looking forward to seeing RaveSafe presence again in Melbourne!
BT :D