• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Anyone know much about Tapentadol?

SaosinEngaged

Bluelighter
Supposedly it's a new Opiate hybrid that has just released with action similar to both Tramadol and Morphine, but with analgesic properties around the strength of Oxy.

I have a 50mg pill, but before I take it I'd like to know a little more about it, if anyone has any experience? Is it euphoric? Is 50mg a big dose?

I'm really curious about this new substance.

I remember seeing it when looking for RC's with opiate like effects, but don't know much about it. Have you tried Tramadol, Morphine, or Oxycodone? IME / IMO Tramadol can't be compared to Morphine or Oxy, its so much weaker in terms of opiate effects than Morph and Oxy, and it also acts on other neurotransmitters than classical opiates. Although I don't know much about this drug, I assume its a Rx and not an RC, do you know what strengths it is available in?
Also, what is your opiate tolerance? Your DOC? And how often do you use? These need to be known in order for someone else to give you advise, regardless of what this new drug feels like.

See, that's just it. It's supposed to have true opioid activity unlike Tramadol, and form the information I read, it's supposed to be equivalent in strength to Oxy. Not like Tramadol.

It's chemically similar to tramadol and morphine, but it's supposed to be on the order of Oxy, and not Tramadol. If that makes any sense.

I take usually 7.5-15mg of Oxy for a nice buzz.

A friend of mine was prescribed the 100mg version. My tolerance was not that high at the time.

I took 200mg the first time and had a very nice buzz. However, tolerance seemed (might be imagined...) to develop quicker with this than other opiates.

I do believe there have been other threads on this topic. Search around.

Last edited:
Search has returned nothing but this thread, unless I'm using the search improperly. I apologize if I'm asking for repeated information.

Damn, thank you Amapola.

I kept saying it in my head as "tOpentadol" which lead me to misspell it.

Thanks again.

That Tapentadol stuff I heard is just like a stronger version of Tramadol but the effects are not similar to oxycodone or hydrocodone from what I have heard/read. I heard the effects of Tapentadol are similar to Tramadol... But I have never tried this "Tapentadol" stuff so I don't know for sure... Does anyone else?

http://www.nucynta.com/nucynta/opioid-efficacy

Nucynta website claims it is suppose to manage pain like 10 mg IR oxycodone with less side effects (nausea, vomiting, etc.)

That sounds right to me. Tolerance builds more quickly than with other opiates such as H or pill-'codones. I'm wondering, seeing that it works on the (here's where I mess up, so please feel free to correct me...) Mu 1 opioid receptor in addition to another one that I simply cannot remember. I believe Trams work on it too. Anyway, seeing that it works in a manner similar to an SSRI with some properties of an opiate, is there anyway to potentiate it? Even, as simple as removing enteric coating or chewing them? I haven't tried WGFJ, tums, cimatadine, etc...I wonder if there is a more economical route of ingestion. Heard bad things about sniffing, that it burns/drips badly and is more wasteful than swallowing. Love to hear more regarding increasing/elongating euphoria and analgesic properties. I'm about 150, low to low-med tolerance these days and I'm Rx'd legitimately for chronic pain. Again, feel free to correct me, as I'm quite certain I'm being vague and/or incorrect regarding the receptor site part. No offense will be taken and I welcome any assistance/knowledge!

Oh, and it's quadruple the effect of a useless tramadol, IMO.

^Why did you raise this thread from the dead?

I wouldn't advise you to snort tapentadol. There are way too many binders/fillers and you'd need to snort a few of them, unless you have absolutely no tolerance. Even though the oral bio-availability is 31.9 ± 6.8% (oral), snorting them wouldn't be very economical either and I am sure it burns/tastes bad as well.

Sorry, if that's the wrong thing to do...I figured I'd search the topic first, so as to not be redundant. I agree that snorting would be wasteful, wondering more about potentiators for it. Apart from merely ingesting more Nucynta. CWE might work for this type of opiate, but seeing that the non water soluble fillers/binders exist and chemical make up of Tapentadol works on more receptor sites than the M1 u Opiate RS, what might potentiate it? Don't care about the taste, its all bitter.

Okay, I've done everything but. I'd rather bang it, but its been about 12 years since I've last done that, but I've never plugged. Just jam a few up there? Dissolve it in water and then squirt in on in? Wanna reap the best benefits.

Dissolve in water and squirt it in. You can even go as far as preparing a quick and dirty shot and then taking the needle off.

I don't advise injecting tapentadol, but you could do so if you had a micron filter. I think.

Yeah, I want to avoid any IV. Not so eager to go down that route which would inevitably lead me back to H and or actually die this time. Having said that, I'll be back to report on the plugging experience w/ my N's. Know about crushing 'em and eating them? Wouldn't breaking the coating make it administer in the functionality of an IR as opposed to a SR? I don't want to be wasteful, so I figured if anyone knew, I would save me the experimental phase. Many Thanks Sekio!

Oh, just found this on another board, going to do a lil more research to prove it, in the mean time...anyway, the receptor sites are plentiful; dirty lil feller.

"...and then Tapentadol comes in the form of it's hydrochloride addition salt, freely soluble in water at physiological pH. Apparently the low bioavailability (32% fasting condition, 32% fed conditions) is due to extensive first-pass metabolism by the liver. MOR - 0.2-0-23 μM
Norepinephrine - 0.6-0.62 μM. It also apparently binds to the β1-adrenergic, 5-HT2a, 5-HT transport, σ2 & the PCP-site of the glutamate receptor. It's MoR : Other-opioid receptor selectivity is about 10. This is a bit of a mix, not very nice at all, I suspect. More worrying is the different effaciacy depending on ROA. In mouse studies the MED50 are 21mg/kg oral but 1mg/kg IV. In rats it was 68.1 oral, 0.464 IV. This is a MASSIVE difference..." (credits to borohydride)

Last edited:
Rectal is probably the fastest way of dramatically increasing BA due to direct absorbtion of drug into the blood compared with generation of metabolites in the liver. This is seen in e.g. oral vs nasal ketamine.

Edit: muvolution pointed out that if you typically use insulin syringes (insted of Luer lock syringes) the needles are fixed and will not come off. I suggest you go buy an oral syringe, like the ones used to feed babies and pets medicine.

Last edited:
Doesnt the NRI negate some of the CNS depression? Even so, the difference between IV and oral in animal studies is scary as hell...