Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What the hell is fantasy?

AlexxRed

Bluelighter
This is the problems with street names I guess but what the hell is fanta? I'm assuming that its similar to G?? Anyone know what it really is?

Mainly used in QLD. fanta = short for fantasy = media term for GHB.

In purely street terms, Fantasy = Liquid Ecstasy = GHB = 1,4B = Fanta
I know they're not all the same thing, and that some terms are misleading. Personally I like to discourage the use of any terms other than GHB or 1,4B because the others are pretty vague. However it seems often even the terms GHB and 1,4B are both grouped under the same umbrella and are simply refered to as "G".
Anyone remember the days when GHB was almost always coloured blue and 1,4B was almost always coloured red? Maybe some people should attempt to reinstate those standards...

Why don't they do an expensive, time-consuming conversion and put GHB on the market instead of selling 1,4BDO? Because 1,4BDO will sell just as well, and has virtually the same effect, and generally people aren't gonna put their hand into their pocket and pay for higher priced GHB. It's not about the purity of the drug, or the health consequences for your liver, it's just about the profit.
BigTrancer :)

A new GBL synth (simple) method which is to date not perfected, has been detailed by a bee. This uses GABA as a starting material.
Presently this method does not produce a clean product, but it will likely bee perfected. Even in this impure state, the GBL is reported as being active.
This serves to illustrate one of the many possible routes to producing GHB or enzyme convertible substances, which will turn to GHB in the body i.e. 1,4, GBL etc.
Aside from impurities, I am still not convinced 1,4B is completely safe to take, despite literature to the contrary. However other G synthesis routes will be also likely to produce impurities.
If GHB was ever legalized, pharmaceutical companies would be very interested in developing an antagonist which would act something like naltrexone. G OD may then be reversible, and safe known doses would further reduce incidents of accidental overdose.

PD: I'd love to see it legal, but seriously, do you think Joe Average should be able to get their hands on it? Not on your fucking life.
Think about your average macho footy bloke whose always trying to outdo his mates to prove how good he is. How many of these will have an antagonist around.
Then there's the date rape issue, no need to really go there...

OK I'm getting a bit OT: I was just thinking that the same argument could be applied to legalisation of any drug, no? I mean, if alcohol was an illicit drug, would it be legalised now?

BT, you're right.. I think if we only 'discovered' alcohol now, I think people would never allow it to be legal. I mean its an ugly and dangerous drug...
I guess the difference with G is that the whole dosage thing is so much smaller and a lot easier to fuck up.
Beyond that I'm just not in the right state of mind to persue the thought any further :)
stace.

Alcohol is sold legally in concentrations ranging from about 2% up to almost 80% alcohol per unit volume. In my personal opinion, if you could buy a GHB with OJ premix that was (say) 0.125-0.5% GHB/vol then drinking a 375mL can of it would deliver a GHB dose equivalent to roughly 0.5-2mL of pure substance.

Perhaps with that kind of dilution we could get back the safety margin that the concentrated substances take away. What's the hassle in drinking 1 dose of a substance and NOT being fucked off your dial? You can down a beer fast and buzz for awhile, but it's not gonna make you vomit or pass out. Why should GHB be any different?