• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone and Ketamine

SPDemon420

Bluelighter
So my question is this - I take suboxone (1mg twice daily) and was thinking about trying Ketamine - I havent found any info about combining the 2 - would this have a dangerous interaction?

Nope, they should be fine. Just watch you don't take too much of either as you may get sick or your breathing may slow.

I take 4mg of Suboxone and use Ketamine maybe once a week and have found no negative interactions, in fact it appears Ketamine increases the effects of opiates from my experience. Although Suboxone doesn't seem to as well as they full agonists do.

You MIGHT be thrown into opiate withdrawals as the sub MIGHT block the opiate effect of the ketamine. Your high MIGHT not be as euphoric as normal.

By the way people. I only said that as a maybe. It was not meant to say I"t is definitely going to put you in PW"....

Last edited:
Actually, You can be thrown into opiate withdrawals as the sub will block the opiate effect of the ketamine. Your high will not be as euphoric as normal.

Never has thrown me into opiate withdrawals and I have used the combination many times.

Not sure, I haven't used it without Suboxone for quite some time now. But I do remember Ketamine being better with oxycodone. I think full agonists potentiate it.

Ketamine is not an opiate at recreational levels, even at anesthetic doses it's a very weak opiate and not likely a significant part of the experience. It doesn't help that methoxetamine has been purpoterd as an "opiate" or having "opiate effects" - it's not either.

By the same logic DXM is an opiate (it binds very weakly to the mu opiate receptor).
Even then, suboxone will bind tighter than either of them, so the point is moot.

Ketamine is not an opiate at recreational levels, even at anesthetic doses it's a very weak opiate and not likely a significant part of the experience. It doesn't help that methoxetamine has been purpoterd as an "opiate" or having "opiate effects" - it's not either.

By the same logic DXM is an opiate (it binds very weakly to the mu opiate receptor).
Even then, suboxone will bind tighter than either of them, so the point is moot.

Point taken already...

LOL, ketamine wont put you into PWs if you take it with suboxone.... you'll be fine.

NMDA agonists of all sorts synergize really well with mu opiate agonists for pain control. This is one of the reasons methadone is so effective.

Ketamine also lowers the tolerance of drugs that have affinity to the mu receptors. If a low dose of Ketamine is taken with an opiate you won't need as much as usual to get high.

woah, im on suboxone as well and i am avidly interested in ketamine per its antidepressive effects. why is it so freaking popular in the UK and it seems so rare in the US?

finally managed to come across something, and will be trying it either tomorrow night, or monday. going to have to try a very small amount at first, as I am also a mild alcoholic (if there is such a thing) and have read that alcohol + ketamine arent a great combo, let alone with suboxone in the mix. thanks for the info guys.

Done K plenty of times whilst on the dissolving suboxone strips. As mentioned above, Ketamine only very weakly tickles opiate receptors in the brain - it's not like taking suboxone and then snorting dope. Which would be a disaster :)

~ vaya

First day on Subs and I immediately went to the mxe to increase any high potential. Now I just feel all f'd up and weird. FML