Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Liver Protection

white_mitsi

Bluelighter
I am about to commence a course of illegal drugs that will seriously fuck with my liver :)
I searched but did not manage to find anything helpful regarding a substance that can be taken to protect the liver for a short period of time from such nasty chemicals as Dynabol (a synthetic steroid). I am told that I can go to a GP and ask for a liver protectant on prescription, however the only GPs I know would just tell me not to take Dynabol and send me on my way $44 poorer.
Does anyone know of a OTC substance that will act to protect the liver? Or perhaps where to order one from?
Thanks in advance!
Please note: I am not asking whether or not I should take Dynabol so opinions on this are of no interest to me.

Taken from Blackmores Milk thistle:
"Blackmores milk thistle protects liver cells through its strong antioxidant activity. .... it suports regeneration of liver cells and protects against potentially harmful substances such as alcohol."

Try Milk Thistle (it's a herb). Antioxidants will also help. Chollera and Spirulina, from health food shops. Lots of vitamin brands have "Liver Protect" formulas... just look on the shelves.
Drink lots of water. :) hope some of that helped.

i take nutra life 'liver guard' Liver tonic formula. per cap it has:
milk thistle (30,000 mg)
(below contains approx 150mg ea)
Dandeleion
Globe Artichoke
Astragalus
blodo leaf
taurine
50 caps were $22, they are on special at them moment

I have just commenced a liver tonic treatment. A freind of mine who is becoming a Natropath told me that everybody should do a liver cleanse once a year, more often if you take drugs.
She advised me to take a tonic as it is better that a tablet. she said that Greenridge Herbal LiverPlex (just ask herb shop for Liverplex)is one of the best liver tonics available.
it contains:
each 6ml contains:
Silybum Marianum (st marys thistle) 1.4gm
Berberis Vulgaris (barberry)bark 500mg
Schizandra chinensis (schizandra)berry 1gm
Cynara scolymus (globe artichoke) 1gm
taraxacum officinale (dandelion)root 1.8gm
ethanol (used to extract herbs)
you can get a alchol free one from herbs of golds range.
one bottle costs $34 and will last you about 3 weeks(thats how long your treatment will be)
sorry for any spellin mistakes, i had a very very hard night on sat :)
DiSturBeD

From bodyripped.com
Dynabol 50
Not to be confused with Dianabol, Dynabol 50 is a veterinary steroid unique to Australia.
Containing Nandrolone Cypionate, Dynabol 50 is a shorter acting brother to Decca-Durabolin.
Heavily counterfeited in the 1990’s Dynabol 50 is still a risky buy on the black market. We have heard a rumour that it has been discontinued, which would make any remaining genuine bottles quite valuable.
It is similar in effect to Deca, but with users gaining more strength as well as greater water retention. A very good size and strength drug requiring weekly injections.
Typical dosage ranges from 200-400 mg weekly. Dynabol 50 will stack well with almost any other steroid, but is also effective on it’s own for a steroid novices and intermediates.
white_mitsi I won’t preach at you in regards to your substance taking, but I feel it wise to enquire as to whether you are suitably informed on the dangers etc., of nandrolone?
=======================================
Pharmacology –Rang, Dale & Ritter 4th Ed, adapted from page 445;
As well as side effects typical of androgens, other serious side effects from anabolic steroids can include testicular atrophy, sterility and gynaecomastia (breasts) in men. Increased aggression and increased risk of heart disease have also been reported with abuse.
=======================================
I’ve personally thought about such a course for some time, and the only thing that has really put me off is the possible liver damage. If I were younger and knew my liver was healthier, I would probably do a short course with an anabolic. But as I know my liver, and the work it’s done, I feel such hormones may be rather damaging. I figured I’d save these powerful compounds for a time when they may be needed for treatment of injury or some other medical condition.
In regards to a liver cleanser, Milk Thistle has definitely got my approval. Apart from the very few people who have an allergy to it, the only bad thing I've read about silymarin, is something from a naturopath online (sorry no ref) who said if taken regularly with a healthy liver, it can actually slow down metabolism.
However, I've not been able to cite any scientific publication which backs this up. Effectiveness of Silymarin is noted in almost all papers I’ve seen, and that’s across a broad range of disorders; cancers, hepatic and renal damage, etc. It’s an excellent free radical scavenger, and improves metabolism by increasing phase II enzymes, while reducing phase I enzymes. This equates to less nasty intermediate metabolites being formed in processes which often also produce free radicals.
Amazing stuff, I try to take it each day atm.