Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS Ecstacy worth 20m found in imports Feb13th, 2003 - news.com.au

sonic_reality

Bluelighter
Ecstasy worth $20m found in imports
David Murray and Mark Oberhardt
February 13, 2003
HIDDEN in heavy duty machinery, the thousands of tiny multi-coloured tablets would have been worth more than $20 million when sold across the state.
Instead, a federal police and customs sting spoiled the party, uncovering the drugs in the biggest seizure of ecstasy in Queensland.
The drugs – which originated in Holland and made their way to Brisbane by boat over the past fortnight – weighed 135.4kg and included 384,000 tablets and 20kg in powder form.
Two Dutch nationals have been arrested allegedly trying to collect the drugs from a warehouse at Coopers Plains, in southwest Brisbane.
Click here for the rest of the story.
DAMN!!!!
i saw this on the news last night. lots of little pink and yellow pills. there were some other colors there too, but pink and yellow were the main ones. methinks maybe safe sex/durex, but i spose we will never know.

alot of the time pills get seized and somehow we end up seeing them on the market anyways.. so it may seem anyways..

I was just wondering do people think there will be a bit of a drought in the pill department in Brisbane after this seize? Will it be an excuse for dealers to put their prices up? Or will things carry on as normal?????

^^ It is always a possibility. You'll just have to wait and see :)
[ 14 February 2003: Message edited by: apollo ]

People always ask that after a big bust, and I have personally never seen a drought caused.
--
MDMA-4-ALL (And you had better believe there will be MDMA-4-YOU too)

Never fear the Queensland police department will be true to form and will no doubt forward the lot to their prefered sources of distibution to the public. I cant imagine any sort of drought occuring any time soon, 384,000 pills isnt really that many anyway, it wouldn't last more than a weekend in Adelaide. A nice little earner none the less for the boys in blue.
Also 9 time out of 10 the images of siezed pills are file footage, its not news worthy enough to send out a camera crew, all pills look the same to the average punter. Hell you could use file footage from the panEdole extortion case of a few years back and some farm equipment from the foot and mouth scare and most people would be none the wiser.

Originally posted by Jokerswild:
Also 9 time out of 10 the images of siezed pills are file footage, its not news worthy enough to send out a camera crew, all pills look the same to the average punter. Hell you could use file footage from the panEdole extortion case of a few years back and some farm equipment from the foot and mouth scare and most people would be none the wiser.
Yeah, i know that. But on the news they had images of the cops cutting the stuff out of the machinery that it was welded into and when they pulled it out, you saw the pills and the colors. it wasn't old footage.