Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Don't add E to cannabis

JayJ

Bluelighter
From NewScientist 8th Feb page 24
Could ecstasy's stimulating effects help to counteract the damage cannabis causes to short-term memory?
The idea has been suggested in the past, but the answer is an emphatic no, according to the first study to test the possibility. June Young and her colleagues at the University of New England in NSW told a meeting of the Australian Neuroscience Society in Adelaide last week that rats given MDMA, or ecstasy, as well as THC, the main active ingredient of cannabis, scored twice as badly on a memory test as rats given THC alone.
just wondering how many of you would use MDMA to help with the side effects of THC?

How curious!
I'm not sure that I'd use MDMA to 'counteract' anything, however there has been some suggestion in the past that cannabis actually acts as a neuroprotectant, by keeping brain temperatures slightly lower.
"Dope lessens Ecstasy harm" - W/End Australian Feb2-3 posted by hardup
Another take on ecstacy by the folks at NS ...
NewScientist 22-04-2002 - "Ecstacy - How dangerous is it really?"
MAPS - Does Ecstasy cause memory deficits? (2000 article, by Alex Gamma)
Aus Discussion thread on the above PDF: Not enough evidence for memory loss. Keep in mind this paper is getting onto 3 years old now, more information may have surfaced since. I've not kept up with the literature on this subject (or if I have, I can't remember ;) j/k)
BigTrancer :)

im at a loss here, from what i gather, this article says
"rats given MDMA as well as THC, the main active ingredient of cannabis, scored twice as badly on a memory test as rats given THC alone"
correct me if im wrong but doesnt that mean that the mixture of MDMA and THC is harsher on your brain than just THC alone? which would mean that by mixing the two drugs, you wouldnt be helping any side effects, but in turn making them worse?
as far as im concerned both MDMA and THC have negative affects on the functionality (errr is that a word? :p) of my brain every time i use both or either one of them. in my eyes, the mixture of the two, logically, is worse for your system.
however, i do not believe these chemicals cause irrepairable damage unless totally abused. ie long term heavy use could result some permanent damage - and the amount taken to amount of damage ratio is different for each person. i believe your brain does get damaged, but can be repaired over time. basically if you take reasonable breaks in between everything, and use in moderation, little damage will be done.
my theories are based entirely on my own observation of myself and others in relation to their drug habits and how it affects them, and has no scientifical basis <- im too lazy to read anything factual ;)

Originally posted by JayJ:
just wondering how many of you would use MDMA to help with the side effects of THC?
I use THC to help with the side effects of MDMA.
And they are doing a memory test on the two drugs? We all know what THC does for your short term memory.

personally i find that adding a nice sprinlkle of E to my joints definately helps the effects of cannabis,and a coupla dried shrooms helps even better

ahaha Russ your signature is fucking hilarious
:)
I'm still trying to work out whether i read this article wrong or not :D