• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

PLEASE READ! enlighten is looking for volunteers! (melb)

atomica

Bluelighter
hey ppl :)
hopefully, most of you are familiar with enlighten and what we do, but incase you're not, we are the harm reduction group who do pill/substance testing and drug education at parties. you can check out our website here. the idea was spawned right here on BL!
well, we've been going a couple of years now, and every now and then we wonder if some other people would also want to do this sort of thing?
we need ppl to help out doing testing at parties, as well as a bit of help with such things as web site content and producing our info pamphlets, organising events, and anything else that comes up.
so if you want to be part of something positive in our community, and help other ppl play safe (as well as meet lots of interesting ppl, not have to queue outside of parties, and have the undying admiration and respect of your peers :) ) how bout checking it out..
we will hold an info session soon, so post in this thread or email us at [email protected] if you're interested.
come join us! you know you want to.. :)

I'd love to lend a hand at events. This is also my last year at uni, meaning my brain is all for the cause of looking after other people at parties instead of myself.
Can also help out with updating the website, or depending on how much free time i've got with uni this year i can design some pamphlets (i use corel, flash and dreamweaver for uni). Thats of course if you want me.
[ 11 February 2003: Message edited by: black_eyed ]

we would love someone with website skills to implement all the ideas we have. at the moment we dont have anyone to implement them :(

Im from sydney and would like 2 aid a cause like this. is there a sydney equilvaent of enlighten? Im not very computer skilled but im @ uni studying psych, and can test pills also.

well...seeing i've still got three or more weeks till uni starts, and uni doesn't really get going for another two or three weeks after that, i guess i could help with the website.
email me if your interested...give me an idea of what you want (draw a pic or explain, or give an example site to look at), then i could do an example page or two. If you like what i can do, i'll try and do as much for you as i can.
[ 12 February 2003: Message edited by: black_eyed ]

i would love to lend a hand!! after enlighten helped me at a party, after i got a dud biccie, they saved me :)

hey black_eyed and djwombat :) i'll shoot you off an email soon and we'll arrange a meeting, see what days are good for you etc.
crapdumwasteoftime i'm not sure what groups are going on in sydney atm, hopefully one of the other threads will reveal something, otherwise jb might possibly know?
thanks for responding guys, if you're in melbourne i hope to see you soon! :)

-Thoth you shittin me buddy, glad your willing to help the cause. Also god willing (And more importantly getting everyone together on the same day) we'll be having a meeting very shortly.