Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mouthguards!

crapdumwasteoftime

Bluelighter
hey, yesterday i had 4 fillings form the dentst and im going out on sat and don't particually want to destroy the new (& expensive) dentistry i've just acquired with my usual hard invoulntary chewing/clenching action.
Have been considering a mouthguard to avoid this problematic action of breaking my teeth against eachother.
I've tried magnesium and it dosent work!
does anyone out there use mouthguards to stop the grinding problem? im not going to choke on it am i?
(and yes i refuse to purchase a dummy as an alternative
THANKX!

no you wont choke on it, if you decide to get one make sure its a proper custom made one rather than a cheap one you boil and then mould. i personally found magnesium did work for me, perhaps you should try increasing the amount of magnesium you have? i also had my magnesium hours before the mdma.

I'm with Cowboy Mac about the magnesium. Take some at lunch with your meal, and take about 900mg-1200mg of chelated magnesium. It works a treat.

a bottle of magnesium is a great investment. no need for mouthguards.. my question is..
I use magnesium, and it seems to work great, but we seem to have bottles of different types of magnesium.. before i go and try all of them, which one seems to be the most effective?
I currently use malate, which ive noticed to be more effective than chelate, but things like different amounts of mdma (and therefore different amount of jaw clentching) and different dosages need to be accounted.. from what ive observed theres
- Magnesium Chelate, Trisilicate, Oxide, Citrate, Malate, Ascorbate.. etc.
Which one @ what dose is the most effective?

i bought a bottle a while ago & used it once, didn't do anyhting. Now i just use it to help me sleep if i have to, its got:
asparate 250mg
oxide 300mg
orate 125mg
phospate 100mg
chelate 250mg
on the bottle it recommends i take only one, should i take more? and you suggest to take them around lunchtime, say if im dumping at 12:00 at night thats alright?
that may have been where i went wrong, i had magnesium 3 hours b4 i popped last time and it did nothing.

ive used blackmores bio magnesium which i think is a one of the better magnesium complex also containing b6. the link has the content information, and i took one to two, (if one doesnt work next time try two) about 4 - 5 hours before the mdma. a picture is included and can be purchased from the supermarket vitamins section:
biomagnesium.jpg

you should also make sure your always chewing gum too as this will ease the strain put on your jaw/teeth.
[ 11 February 2003: Message edited by: Cowboy Mac ]

Active Ingredients Per Tablet:
Elemental magnesium 300 mg
from
magnesium oxide - heavy 440 mg
magnesium phosphate 175 mg
Calcium ascorbate 250 mg
Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine hydrochloride) 50 mg
Vitamin D3 (Colecalciferol 2.5 mcg) 100 IU
Manganese amino acid chelate 40 mg
equivalent to elemental manganese 4 mg
------------------------------------------------
Cheers for that Cowboy Mac :) :)

I use Blackmores Bio Magnesium and it works a treat. There is a warning though on it that prolonged taking of tablets could be harmful...
- "This product contains pyridoxine hydrocloride which may be dangerous when used in large amounts or for a long time"
well I arent gonnna be needing it all my life :>
Chewing gum helps stop ur teeth being murdered by gnawing but will give u a real sore muscles in ur head. I normally take magnesium that day, when i get home and the next morning/arvo and for about 2-3 days afterwards and i usually dont have a problem.

i ALWAYS have gum, if i didn't i'd have a toothless smile by now :) i'm just one of those ppl that clench n grind alot. my other bad habit is chewing to the beat of the music which hurts my facial muscles the next day too. i see ppl in clubs chewing on drinking straws! Fuck that must kill!!!
mkay i might 4get the mouthguard and have 2 magnesium tabs (2hours apart) around 4-5 hrs b4 dumping and see how i go.
thankx 4 the advice!

^ Can you really really chew to my beat? I used to get this all the time as well... using magnesium (say, 2x tablets of the Blackmores product above) I found that I still chewed my gum in the same way, but it was just normal chewing - not the normal push-my-bottomjaw-through-my-topjaw grind on every bite. No soreness the next day. However, I found that reducing the MDMA dose was even more effective than taking Mg supplements.
BigTrancer :)

I find i chew to the beat but also that i dont have to chew all the time(it just helps) also i find that if you take magnesium for a few days after you wont have a sore head from muscle aches.
Yay for magnesium!!!

so....you're going to use a mouthgaurd whilst you pill? Are you...er....going out like?

^^What's wrong with that? Thousand of American candy kids party with dummies - could be a lot worse than a little mouthguard. :)

I have heard of ppl going out with fluro mouth guard (as they glow under blacklight) so its is more like a "fashion accessory" for matter of words!

I normally chew not only to the beat but to my dancing steps, twice a beat. And then I also have a lollipop in my mouth and that only does. I once chewed a lillipop stick so hard it reached about 30cm in length :/ very sore gums for the next week. I may have to try some magnesium next time i pop the lollies :p
[ 19 February 2003: Message edited by: Luven it ]

I too am a beauty for chewing away madly and I too chew chuppa chup sticks to extreme lengths.
I once did a 3 day bender with way to many little pills. 56 hours straight from a saturday till a monday munching away. Left me with saw jaw muscles & the tenderest of teeth. The following night (tuesday) I was still barely able to chew as my teeth were so sensative. It took over a week for the CHUNKS of inner cheek to heal back.
Now that I have discovered this thread I will put "blackmores magnesium" to the test & see how it comes out.
One thing I was recommended by a friend (and have tried & tested with great results) was to instead of chewing.... occupy your mouth by moving your tongue around inside your mouth. It works- you stop the chewing action & just slide your tongue around inside your mouth over & through your teeth UNDETECTED (unlike a mad chewing action which is an obvious sign of being on it!) 1 draw back your tongue gets a little sore from being worn down- but far far less sore than jaw muscles.

illl have to try black mores bio magnesium this coming rave will let u no i just chew and dnt stop even after i go to sleep i keep chewing if the blackmores doesnt work im taking a mouth guard with me and cuting the front out so i dnt look like a (insert you own word here)