Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

yohimbe -is it worth taking

offmetree

Bluelighter
after reading heapsa books n websites i still dunno whether this stuff is safe to take and even if it really worth taking.For a start im really not too keen on taking anything from the same family as several deadly poisonous plants including oleander , but then again what am i missing out on...... lol
If anybody has tried this interesting plant please let me know
[edit - irrelevant information removed]
[ 04 February 2003: Message edited by: apollo ]

Are you talking about smoking it or eating it? I've been led to believe there are significant differences in effect depending on the route of administration...

i checked out erowid but anybody have any experiences with low dosages of ground bark or smoking it,i tried snorting but its a bit too rough

please tell me you didnt, actually snort a plant-like material?
maybe im not very hArDcOrE, but i have second thoughts about snorting even speed, a non-powder form drug just seems incredibly stupid.

It's not completely unheard of - at least as applied to the sniffing powered Virola bark
Entering the other world
Psychoactive plants (plants that affect the mind)
Ebena snuff: Columbia, Shamen healers
Bark of Virola is heated. Red sap comes out. Mixes with dried Justicia leaves and ash from Elibebetha .
Resulting putty is kneaded dried, ground
Powder stored.
Placed in tube, blown into nose.
Shaman then enters the dream world (hallucinogenic) where he chants at the evil spirits that bring illness or physically confronts and defeats the evil spirits.
Contains various tryptamines that induce visions, wakeful dreaming. Lasts about an hour, but if too much inhaled, death is a risk.
web page
The last four words are probably worth remembering if contemplating the sniffing of any raw product...ouch! my nose is still twitching at the thought 8(

The above method uses the sap from the bark. Here's the preparation I remembered using (ouch) the bark itself
The Paumarí apparently do not limit themselves to using just bark exudate from Virola but may use other parts of the tree. Typically workers begin by scrapping the outer, dead bark and then cutting the inner bark into shreds. Bark shreds are toasted and dried over a fire, pulverized in a Brazil nut shell (the capsule of Bertholletia excelsa, Family Lecythidaceae), and sifted through a cloth. No other species are used as additives. web page