Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: SMH January 23 2003 - Harry Potter Pills Seized

teXman01

Bluelighter
Heres another article about pills targets at kids - there was something similar almost a year to date:
http://www.bluelight.ru/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=35&t=001471
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/01/23/1042911480518.html
Harry Potter pills seized
January 23 2003
Harry Potter's image was stamped on Ecstasy pills smuggled to the US to target children as young as 12, police said today.
New York detectives discovered 400,000 of the tablets imprinted with the young wizard's face and pictures of cartoon characters, including the Smurfs and the Flintstones.
"These Harry Potter brands are targeting a young audience," said Anthony Plasido, a special agent with the US Drug Enforcement Agency.
Officers charged 14 alleged members of an international Ecstasy ring with smuggling the pills into the Bronx from Spain.
Police said the pills were bought in Holland and brought to the US by couriers recruited in the Dominican Republic, Spain and America.
Couriers stuffed the drugs in bicycle shorts to avoid being detected when they arrived in the US on commercial flights, investigators said.
They said the pills, which sold for $US15 ($A25.50), were aimed at some children aged only 12 and 13.
PA
[ 24 January 2003: Message edited by: teXman01 ]

obviously this is crap, its just a stamp. and its old news, this exact same article was around nye 2001 when there were witches on broomsticks called harry potters then.

Obviously then that batch of MacDonalds pills from a while back targeted fat people? And the yonex's from a while ago were aimed at tennis players?
This sort of story used to make me angry, but now it just makes me laugh because it doesn't change anything and I've seen enough of them now to know that they're clearly lifted straight from the journo's big book of template stories. This won't even be a blip on the radar next week...