Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Hummer and pills - good or bad?

Skanx

Bluelighter
Hey people, I was wondering if anyone knew anything about mixing hummer and MDMA? I consumed a half gram of hummer the other nite, and about two hours later consumed a pill that I knew to be extremely good quality MDMA (many mates that night were completely toasted off them). I waited 40 minutes. Nothing happened. An hour... still nothing. I mean I felt really chargy (to be expected from the hummer), but no typical MDMA effects at all. I don't take E that much and this was my first time using hummer. I was told by some people that it should have enhanced my E, and by others that the two drugs cancel each other out, and I shouldn't have taken E with it. I guess I don't know what to believe, I mean I had a good night so its not that big a deal, but it would have been nice to be loved up as well as charging! :) Any info on the effects of hummer and MDMA would be much appreciated!

What's hummer? When I opened the topic I thought you were talking about getting a head job on pills (which would be good, not bad ;) )...
If you're talking about speed/meth, then it should have made it more "chargy", but also apparantly increases the nurotoxic effects. If you're talking about coke, then the two do indeed cancel each other out (coke will bring you down from a MDMA high before the straw comes out of your nose).
Try and be more specific with drug slang, especially when asking specific questions... :)
[ 20 January 2003: Message edited by: Pleonastic ]

Sorry, I'm just so used to all my mates talking about it as hummer. What I am actually referring to is a pepper extract called 'benzylpiperazine'. It is found in legal, herbal 'raver drugs' here in New Zealand such as 'Frenzy' and 'Euphoria', but only in small amounts. 'Hummer' or 'benzylpiperazine' by itself produces a really speedy buzz when taken orally. It looks exactly like speed, but must be wrapped up inside a cigarette paper and swallowed instead of snorted, as it tastes pretty fucking bad, kind of like a combination of MDMA, speed and pepper!!! After about an hour you feel the effects, just like if you were to take 'Frenzy' - only the effects are much stronger and last for longer. I know about what happens when you take speed/P/coke with pills - and it ain't what happens when you take this shit! Like I said, I got NO MDMA effects after taking a really good pill while I was on hummer. If anyone knows why please shed some light on the subject :) Until then I'll assume that hummer and pills just don't mix! :)

In that case then I'm afraid I can't help ya...
Hopefully someone else can though... :)

BZP = Benzylpiperazine
This substance shows up sometimes as mixed piperazines BZP/TFMPP in bunk ecstacy pills. From what I've seen these pills show up every now and then on the Dancesafe and other lab testing sites, mostly in the USA.
From what I can find, it seems to be a dopamine and noradrenaline releaser, but I'm not totally sure at the moment - I'll search for something tomorrow.
BigTrancer :)
BigTrancer :)

FOAFs have recently been getting into the peppers, and they claim that peppers and MDMA are a hearty brew, a bit like a reduced intensity candyflip. You get chargy, you feel a little bit tripped out, and it has a good couple of hours duration.
Although i've never heard it called "hummer", just "peppers" or BZP (once it was worked out what the hell they had taken as the people selling the herbal highs don't actually advise that the peppers contain BZP, you have to find that out for yourself - irresponsible as that is).
FOAFs said the pills worked, i can't help you with biochemistry or your particular circumstances, hope that helps though.

its pretty big in nz and its called hummer there ,, its totally legal in NZ but it is a class 1 scheduled drug in the USA (i think this means its it the same class as heroin etc).
Pills such as frenzy and exodus which are legal in nz, contain both BZP and TMFPP in a 3:1 ratio. these are very good legal substitutes and are marketed as harm minimisation pills

BZP / TFMPP are now schedule 2 in QLD and WA, I think.
Personally, I think the potential after effects outweigh any potential beneficial effects.
Read my trip report on BZP.
After thinking about this substance in retrospect, there's no way I'd put myself thru it again.
I had the worst comedonw of my life.
Oh yeah, slang terms suck. Don't use em. Call it what it is :)
Marketing BZP / TFMPP combo as a harm minimisation pill? Sounds a little dodgy to me. These are fairly toxic substances that we don't know a huge amount about.
I think marketing it without a thourough understanding of the risks (and unknowns), and attaching some kind of catchy name to it is counter harm minimisation. Thats how substances get scheduled too.

the exodus pill apparently has all the amino acids and stuff in it , this is an excerpt from the hemp shop website in nz
EXODUS
"The Journey"
Our most popular herbal high, Exodus creates energy and enhanced sensations with a proprietary blend of pepper extracts (BZP and TMFPP in a 3:1 ratio), along with amino acids, vitamins & salts to sort the brain chemistry, in a base of dextrose monohydrate.. Contains Phenylalanine.
4 CAPSULES: 2 DOSES |

they are pretty good for legal pills, its hard to find anything legal these days :)

I'd like to hear a few more user reports about BZP - benzylpiperazine. It seems that "Pepper Extract" is the new buzz word around SYD at the moment, and i've heard nothing but good reports. Two things that conflict with whats been said is that it seems that in NZ it comes in a powder/crystal form, whereas here it comes in a liquid form, and also someone said they had a terrible comedown, but FOAFs who have used on a number of occasions, have said there is no real comedown as such....??? They have said though that taking half a dose followed by a pill works, but DO NOT take the pill first.
Other than whats already been listed, there really isn't that much i can find on it, If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great. Maybe i should start a new thread...???
DJC*
[ 30 January 2003: Message edited by: DJC* ]

I've tried BZP on numerous occasions, it was a while ago and was supposedly legal (so i was told). I found the effects to be the same as speed but a bit more shakey, similar to how caffene gives you the shakes, but with a speed type high. BZP was best in combination with alcohole - actually REALLY good :D The comdown from BZP wasn't too bad if you didn't take much, but if you had more than say 2 or 3 gelcaps it was terrible. About BZP with MDMA - didn't do this too much but the pill seemed to work for me.
All in all i think BZP was a dirty feeling drug that is only good when drinking.

Originally posted by gfresh27:
BZP was best in combination with alcohole - actually REALLY good :D
There was a stall at the BDO that was selling Pepper Extract (BZP) and they strongly recommended NOT mixing the above two chemicals.
Be careful!!
DJC*

are you sure pepper extract is BZP? i thought bzp was synthetic and never heard of it being extracted from pepper.
About the liquid or powder. I'm pretty sure online chemical suppliers used to sell both HCL and base (liquid) versions of bzp.

The pepper extract is BZP, I tried some a while back and on the side of the bottle is:
Synthetic equivalent of black pepper extract
BZP is still legal in some states and NZ, it was made illegal in WA when a backyard lab was found mass producing the stuff. So who's to know if Perthites weren't being given BZP when expecting speed. Not many people have really heard about BZP although with all its media attention it is gaining popularity.
Take to much BZP and you'll probably never use it again. Very irritable, very fidgety and very shitty comedown.

I’m fairly certain I've read BZP occurs naturally, but I could find no mention of it on this phytochem database. It could be listed under another title but I could find nothing recognisable
As BZP is easily synthesized commercially, and BZP, if in pepper would only be present in very small quantities, I would bet that all BZP found in herbal preparations would be synthetically produced.
TFMPP would be highly unlikely to occur naturally. Although there are several thousand known organo-halogen compounds, except from pollution of plants by fluorides and sulphonated perfluorochemicals, to my knowledge there are very few naturally occurring plant compounds containing fluorine. Examples include monofluoroacetic acid and fungi produced monofluoro- organics.
I could be wrong but I would expect something like a trifluoromethyl group to be very unusual in the plant world.

Here's something from a well known Australian ethnobotanical website. I can't give the URL or the reference, as this site supplies various things.
Their info on piperazines and the "pepper" connection is perhaps the best I've found.
Piperazines
Some Piperazines have recently been scheduled in some Australian states and in the USA. While use and abuse does not appear to be widespread in Australia, it has surfaced in some states as a product on its own, in mixtures with other legal or illegal drugs, or as a hidden admixture in ecstacy tablets. Please note that at the time of writing this some Piperazines are scheduled in WA and Qld.
DISCLAIMER: These pages are designed as information only and should not be used as a scientific or medical guide. We have compiled this information from many sources and have tried to screen it for validity and accuracy, however we cannot guarantee their absolute correctness and cannot take any responsibility arising out of the use of this information.
What are Piperazines?
A group of substances based around the core structure of Piperazine. Piperazines are NOT derived from plants of the Piper genus as is often claimed. The basic Piperazines are used as worming agents in human and in veterinary medicine (paralysing the worms so they are flushed out by peristalsis), but are now banned for this purpose in many countries. They are also used as an unapproved method of eliminating uric acid from gout and rheumatism sufferers. Some of the more complex Piperazines are used for various other therapeutic purposes - usually in very small quantities (too low to establish any psychoactive effects).
All known psychoactive Piperazines are derived from Piperazine and benzyl chloride or a substituted form of benzyl chloride. While Piperazine is a fairly common chemical, benzyl chloride (and the substituted benzyl chlorides) are highly 'watched' as they are used in the manufacture of amphetamines. Even in states where Piperazines are still legal, it is not advisable to procure the benzyl chloride as this will surely lead to an invasion of your privacy.
Why are they called Piperazines?
As mentioned before, Piperazines are not know to occurr naturally. The name suggest occurrance in plants of the Piper genus, but this is not so. As the Pipers are pepper plants (as in black pepper and kava), some people have also erroneously claimed Piperazines to be derived from Bell peppers and Chili peppers (Capsicum spp.). Capsicum spp DO NOT contain piperazines either.
To understand why they are called Piperazines, we need to look at the closely related compounds in Piper spp. These contain an alkaloid called Piperine, which turns into Piperidine when extracted in basic conditions (compare the top of the Piperine molecule with Piperidine).
Chemists often name a 6 membered cyclic compounds with two nitrogens in the ring to be an azine. Essentially Piperazine is the corresponding azine of Piperidine - hence the name. However Piperazine is not made from Piperidine. Azines are usually made from C=O functional groups and thus a suitable starting compound for making Piperazine is probably benzoquinone (could not find any reference for this, so purely speculative). In commerce Piperazine is usually manufactured by reacting 1,2-dichloroethane with alcoholic ammonia. It can also be manufactured from pyridine.
Note: Piperine (piperyl piperidine) is an interesting molecule for other reasons too. It has the important methylenedioxy ester arrangement that makes safrol and piperonal so desirable. In fact, piperine can be used to produce piperonal, which used to feature in clandestine MDMA manufacture. Piperonal is an important chemical in the perfume/deodoriser industry. Many Piper species (eg Piper auritum) contain safrol itself too.
Copyright 2003

Last edited:
nice post Flexistentialist!
BZP: the comedown might be shit but you wont have worms :D