Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Candy-flipping

En_warp

Bluelighter
I am thinking about taking acid for my first time in 2 weeks with a couple of md bicers at an event in melbourne.
My questions are,
Is ok to take acid for the first time at an event(club)? i've been told that you are suppose to take it at a comfortable place, eg your home.
Along with acid and mdma, i'll probably be consuming small amounts of speed(1 or 2 points), weed(about a gram) and a few beers through out the course of the night, how dangerous is it combining these drugs?
I'm nervous about taking acid as i haven't taken it before, i have though taken shrooms on a few occasions. I'm worried about trippen too hard from the acid and feeling uncomfortable at the event... what is the liklihood of this happening?
I have used the search button and found it to be helpful but could not find anwers to the q's above.
Any information will be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance

In my personal opinion, I wouldn't try acid for the first time at a club...let alone candyflip. Candyflipping brings both drugs into a whole new ballpark... In my experience I would imagine that you would end up as a puddle on the floor drooling on yourself, which may be what you are hoping for? Of course...there will probably be many differing opinions on this, but mine is to candyflip for the first time in a safe, warm, comfortable environment, with close friends, cos you will no doubt make a fool of yourself :p

i recently discovered that having weed ( in my case hash cookies ) intensify's the trip SOOOO much more... to a point that i wouldnt be comfortable if it was my first time. *think fear and loathing in las vagas* but yeh so i reckon for taking acid for the first time just have it on its own. u wont need the speed, it'll keep u awake enough :)

Acid is a powerful drug, everytime you use acid its a different expereince/adventure! My first few times, i didnt really enjoy it, it fucked with my mind so bad...1 is plenty, what i suggest you do, is take only half of the trip, and when your ready for the other half, take it. Trips are pretty strong usually on the first/second go, and like e, its hard to know what to expect first go...you dont want the acid 'overtaking' your roll, so say, take the whole e, and half a trip, then later after peaking, take the other half?
And yes, i would suggest doing it around close freinds and at home...or somewhere your familar with, as you can get really paranoid on acid...
But acid is a lot of fun, and an incredible expereince. Weed and Beer act as multipliers for acid, so the trip will be stronger if you consume those substances. I'm not quite sure on the effects of whizz and acid though.
You might not enjoy it first go, and maybe at some point of the trip, you might just want it to stop, or hurry up, cos you feel unsure etc. take a deep breath, relax etc take it all in :)
I didnt enjoy them, till later on my 4-5th trip, where you sort of can 'control' the trip, and make it do what you want it to do....
good luck! :)
[ 15 January 2003: Message edited by: French Fries_Applepie ]

It has a lot to do with your mindset... you need to be ready for it... its a mind expanding drug... not exactly a party drug... so there can be different settings... it could be at a party... or could be at home... important thing to keep in mind is to be around what makes you comfortable... with a bunch of people that KNOW you well enough to be able to make you feel better...
I wouldnt suggest mixing alcohol if you plan to do a candyflip. And speed to for that matter... thats a dangerous combo of an Upper & downer... do a search and u will find many threads regarding mixing uppers & downers.
Here's a nicethread regarding candyflipping... Yahazim has a good post on how to optimise your trip :) make sure to read it.
My first Candyflip (and acid experience) were at outdoor parties. My first 2 times(acid) were wonderful... but the 3rd time I found myself gettign slightly worked up for about an hour before I talked myself into having a good time :)
I would agree completely with Frenchfry_applepie when he says each be prepared to experience something different everytime ;)
Have you done shroomz? A good amt of potent shrooms can be very much like an acid trip... I have a friend who has been an avid shroomer for years but had not tried LSD till last October. All of the adivse he had got was that LSD is exteremly powerful and to tread carefully so he chose to ingest 1/2 a hit... while i felt in his case it was unecessary caution.. neverthless to each his own!! he later told me that i was right and that 1/2 is too mild a dose and his next experience he procedeed to ingest 2 hits(an average dosage... not somethign really strong like the hoffie :D )
anyway im sure im way off topic... hope i addressed some of your ?'s.
aaah and your really dont need to smoke too much through out the trip ..... I smoke hash to server as a 'chaser' while on the comedown.
peace +have a good one :)

What type of trips are they? lips? i had a few of them recently.
But yeh i know this is a safty board and all but i would advise against taking 1/2 then 1/2 as inf3cted said 1/2 is too mild a dose even for your 1st time, and dont worry 1 shouldn't really get u trippin hard.
Also i wouldn't waste candyflippin sitting at home cos its a mad rave combo.
Weed fully intesnifies acid and i find it also changes the feeling of it, good idea to smoke on the comedown.

.... just noticed your mention of shrooms on your post. my shroomer friend went on and on and on about how acid is nothing compared to shroomz and i was arguing that its mainly cos of the differance in dosage.... the next time though he ingested 2 hits of the same batch of stamps that he did on the first occasion and changed his opinon... (not that acid is better than shroomz or vice-versa) but that to experienced users of psychdelics its not necessary to pay too much attention to the many advice(rumours?) about how the trip can fuck you up.
first time I tried acid.. it was when i had just ventured into the world of psychdelics... i had hardly been smoking weed for the last 6 months or so... the trip was extremely INTENSE but not a bummer at all... i never got paranoid... no insecurity...no negativity. I enjoyed every bit of it. the visuals and colours were too overwhelming :) First i ingested only 1/2 a hit and then the other a while later... but this was some VERY strong stuff... hoffmans which are guaranteed to blow you :)
my following experience when i ingested a FULL stamp(blotter) was not intense( no visuals...) but still had that lovely feeling of 'supreme awareneess' :D
if u have any idea of what kind of dosage your talking abt.. maybe from a buddy whose tried them out and is experienced. if its not something thats a double dose or something.. you can stick with a whole hit.
of course most important aint the dosage... but ur setting and frame of mind. and how ready you are!
dont i love ramblin'
happy trippin :)
[ 15 January 2003: Message edited by: inf3cted ]

why adulterate your first lsd experience with other drugs? call me a purist but i think you should have the acid by itself to truly realise what it does, rather than get a mix of feelings provided by a combination. i dont think a club is the best environment for your first time, as this isnt really an optimal set and setting if you are not moderately comfortable with acid.

Thanks for all your opinions...much appreciated.
I'm still unsure tho... i might have to think about this for a bit,
but knowing me i'll prob do it...

the reason i dont enjoy taking acid in public places anymore is that you cant really anticipate for all the crazy crazy things that go on in the outside world. when tripping at home, the worst that can possibly happen is running out of weed, or dodgy infomercials at 3am. out in the real world however, u have to be sure that u can deal with EVERYTHING while tripping balls on psychedelics. this includes but is not limited to; 1. talking to cops 2. talking to parents 3. talking to other people 4. wankers in nightclubs 5. wankers out on the streets 6. getting lost etc etc etc..... on lower doses i find acid is great to go out walking around places or hanging out in cool clubs, but just make sure that you're mentally prepared because psychedelics are completely different to stimulants...

you sound like an experienced drug user... i'm sure youll be able to handle it. candyflippn isnt like straight up acid trippn. i find it less mentally challenging, and only beautifull things ever happen when i do it. in particular the visual aspects of flippn i find far superior to acid.
eg: acid... the walls are breathing, the ceiling closing in on me, peoples faces are distoted and all my friends are no where to be found. the lights are flashing too fast, and the room looks like a scene from hellraiser. the music is dark and twisted, contorted and confusing.
flippn... glitter dust splashing about my feet as i walk thru the venue, smiling at the happiest people i ever seen in my life. my best friends are just that, and theyre right there with me, the whole time. the lighting draws pictures of sunsets over my head and the music is uplifting and envigorating.
youve nothing to fear. flippn is nice. just like everyone says... take it easy, a little at a time. youre likely to be out raving/clubbing for quite a few hours, so let it build up slowly.
ya gunna love it. and its my favorite. i wouldnt trip without the flip.

i have a friend that had 1 1/2 trips, 2 pills, alcohol, and a small touch of weed all in one night.
he collapsed in the bathroom, he could feel his veins pumping what felt like battery acid through his arms and legs. Hes a little scarred from scratching himself.
he was not a very expereinced tripper, he thought he could handel it cos it didn't feel the first tab he had, so he took the other 1/2 tab.
if you ask me, tripping is a skill, u should know how 2 handle it b4 u run out into the open with a head full of paint thinner working @ your brain.
personally i've only candyflipped once and didn't really rate it. if im tripping i've gotta be completely comftorable with everyhting and cant b pushed 2 far. For pills it dosent matter, anything goes as long as it feels good, but i don't have any paitence 4 anything. the 2 contrast too greatly toghther for me

villz : you're 100% right, trippn in public rules, but i think u have 2 know what 2 expect form the drug first b4 u take on the public
i started in houses, then houses with visits to parks, then houses with visits to stores, now i can go to the city and believe i'll be ok. Having your trippn friend next 2 u throughout the whole ordeal is usually gr8 4 conversation and helpful decision making

BT, right on!!! mr.speggedi post had me :D
hehe
aaaaaa peaking at sunrise closeby to the beach with some nice uplifting music after a hard intense night of some wikkid music... and you can finally see the faces of the few 100 fluoro painted freaks who were whizzing past you at night. lots of smiles :D :D :D :D :D
come on ya'aall lets do some MESCALINE ! *boom*
haha.... am i blazed or what.
plur +stay safe.