Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

tolerence question?

rocket33

Bluelighter
Ok,im a frequent pill popper,2 years now,the past six months i have been dropping every weekend.So yes my tolerence is very high[understandable].The last few weeks that i have been dropping,i have felt little or no effect from the pills.I do know these pills to be quite good,[clovers,smilies,ect].Time for a long break,no use in wasting money if you get nothing from them.The following week i was apprroched by good mate,who had these pills,he told me that these are ten times better than any pill you have ever tried.So i broke my promise and took one.W ell fuck me,i have never felt anything like it,took it at 11pm and danced and partied untill 8am the next day.I do know through experience that this pill was mdma[didnt test]but i do know what mdma feels like,it also had a slight speedy effect. This pill was the best ever, and with my high tolerence i makes me wonder.Any ideas on why i got so high with such a high tolerence?

It sounds exactly like MDA to me. They're not cross tolerant, ie. if you have a massive MDMA tolerance, MDA should still hit you like a train.
From A. Shulgin - PiHKAL - #109 MDMA
Tolerance studies also support differences in mechanisms of action. In one study, MDMA was consumed at 9:00 AM each day for almost a week (120 milligrams the first day and 160 milligrams each subsequent day) and by the fifth day there were no effects from the drug except for some mydriasis. And even this appeared to be lost on the sixth day. At this point of total tolerance, there was consumed (on day #7, at 9:00 AM) 120 milligrams of MDA and the response to it was substantially normal with proper chronology, teeth clench, and at most only a slight decrease in mental change. A complete holiday from any drug for another 6 days led to the reversal of this tolerance, in that 120 milligrams of MDMA had substantially the full expected effects. The fact that MDMA and MDA are not cross-tolerant strengthens the argument that they act in different ways, and at different sites in the brain.
This would also account for the 'speedier' character of the experience, and the extended duration (you said 11pm-8am).
Hope that helps you.
BigTrancer :)
[ 07 January 2003: Message edited by: BigTrancer ]

Thanks for the reply.I really was convinced that i had mdma,but after reading what you wrote i must agree,silly me.

Interesting. I had no idea that MDMA and its related cousins were not cross tolerant.
I wish it was easier to get to specifically get hold of what you wanted ie. MDMA or MDA. That way you could could more easily guarantee yourself a good time based on your own know tolerances.

yea mdma and mda are not cross tollerant. mdma does not really do much for me anymore and i dont have it, but i have had a few TPs (mda) along the way and they are certainly very strong. sounds like your in a similar situation.

From BT's quote I got the impression that if you have a high tolerance to MDMA & take MDA after MDMA use, that if you wait 6 days & take MDMA again you should get almost full effects(substantial effects)...
Did I read the quote wrong?

^^ Either I read it wrong too, or yes, that's what
A complete holiday from any drug for another 6 days led to the reversal of this tolerance is indicating. I don't know how this would work out in practice - while your tolerance may have deminished... After 5 days of such heavy MDMA use, you'd expect it to take at least 2 weeks for serotonin levels to replenish. Surely decent levels of serotonin are required to achieve
...substantially the full expected effects.
Something doesn't quite add up here (or we've both read it wrong ;) )
Remember that this part of PiHKAL is serving to prove they're not cross tolerant, not that use of MDA followed by a 6 day break will put you back to square one with your MDMA tolerance.
Few people can select to obtain MDA/MDMA, and even fewer can obtain these chemicals in their pure forms, which is unfortunate as both chemicals would be required for more investigation...
:)

can someone provide the link for the "differnce between mdma and mda"
i just cant find it being a dumb cunt. thank you in advance.

Taken from here
MDA
MDA is an abbreviation for the chemical 3,4-methylenedioxyamphetamine.
MDA was a popular drug during the 60's and 70's when it was known as "the love drug". Today that nickname has come to refer to MDMA instead.
Why do I care about MDA?
Because any time you purchase MDMA on the black market, there is a small chance that you will actually be getting MDA instead. Many of the effects of MDA bear a striking resemblance to MDMA, and ecstasy testing kits cannot differentiate between the two drugs.
What are the effects of MDA?
MDA, unlike MDMA, has hallucinogenic properties. If you have ever had open or closed eye visuals during a roll, there is a good chance that at least part of the pill you took was MDA. Another noticeable difference is that MDA lacks much of the empathic properties of MDMA. Users generally feel much less "lovey" or understanding of others than with MDMA. The effects of MDA can last as long as 12 hours, with after effects lasting much longer.
So how can I tell the difference?
Unfortunately, there is no simple way to tell without sending it to a lab. Fortunately, MDA does not seem to be any more dangerous than MDMA so If you find yourself having a long, "trippy roll", just be sure to follow all the same precautions as you would with MDMA (see Safety Concerns), and try to enjoy the experience. Unlike most ecstasy adulterants, MDA can actually be quite enjoyable.
Why is MDA sometimes sold instead of MDMA?
It is not any easier or less expensive to produce MDA than it is MDMA. The reason MDA is sometimes found on the market is because there is a small demand specifically for MDA among the users and manufacturers that appreciate it, but not enough of a demand that it can be profitable without selling it as "ecstasy". Most end-level dealers are not even aware that there is a difference between the two drugs, and they honestly believe that they are just selling "ecstasy".
Also try: http://www.drugtext.org/sub/mdma1.html
[ 08 January 2003: Message edited by: special-k ]

I dont think the quote in BT's post is suggesting that after a week's 'holiday' from MDMA its full effects will be experienced once again by the user. Im sure that the 'guinea pigs' in the mentioned tolerance exercise were all first-time users of MDMA and therefore the one week's holiday was all that was required to give them strong MDMA effects once again.
Most contributers to this forum however....... if only a week was all it took....if only! Damn tolerance!

Correct me if I am wrong, but MDMA is a much more potent serotonin release promoter and reuptake inhibitor then MDA...
This is why, while most of the serotonin is depleted after consequtive doses of MDMA over a week, MDA still does the job. Like Shulgin says, this supports the theory that the MDMA mechanism is different to MDA.
Alternativelly, the fact that MDMA stopped working after a week could prove that the body has stopped releasing serotonin because it grew tolerant to MDMA and NOT because all serotonin has been depleted. Taken a consequent dose of MDA still released serotonin (if we assume that effect of MDA are also largely to do with release of serotonin) because the body has not grown tolerant specifically to MDA. Again, like Shulgin says, the mechanism is obviously different whether it be a mechanism of serotonin release promotion or the serotonin itself.

Few people can select to obtain MDA/MDMA, and even fewer can obtain these chemicals in their pure forms, which is unfortunate as both chemicals would be required for more investigation...
This is where the average user definetly lacks the quality standards of the testing institutions.
Im sure that the 'guinea pigs' in the mentioned tolerance exercise were all first-time users of MDMA and therefore the one week's holiday was all that was required to give them strong MDMA effects once again.
^^I think you may have hit the nail on the head for us! Although, Runner does have a good point too...I'm on the fence now I think :(
Interesting link fairnymph thanks :)
[ 09 January 2003: Message edited by: Scatteredasfuck ]

Hey Rocket 33 any chance of letting us know what these pills were ??

Yes h@ndo,the pill that i had was white,very small all round[smallest pill i have seen],the logo was tha @ symbol,as in your name.I bit i small piece just to see what it tasted like.I have never tasted anything like it.The taste was very strong and bitter,didn;t have that aniseed taste that you get with mdxx,which i found quite strange.The remainder of the pill was plugged.

thanks for the link re: mda/mdma SPECIAL K, i love you.
personally mda sounds alot better than mdma. But like some others have said before, if either mda or mdma deplete seretonin, how can one work after the other quite simply?
[ 10 January 2003: Message edited by: papermate ]

is it actually proven, that your body can be totally depleted of seratonin? is it possible that after 5 days of use, MDMA no longers works simply because the brain has built up a tolerance barrier to protect itself, designed to prevent MDMA from working? that you really do have seratonin still in your system, and your body is being damaged as it works overtime to create more. the barrier your brain has been erected could put a toll on other parts of your brain, and could take significant effort to break the barrier back down. this could explain the following few days after MDMA use when you can be easily irritated and agitated, often depressed or upset easily. hence, the more you use MDMA, the stronger the brain has to build the barrier to prevent it from working, and thus it takes longer and longer to break the barrier back down - increased tolerance from extended use.
and therefore, on the 6th day, since the brain has worked so hard to prevent MDMA from working, its exhausted, and the use of MDA would work to its full potential because the brain isnt prepared to defend against it. once again, your body must work hard to erect a new barrier, since the brain has been attacked by a new chemical, it begins to lower its wall against MDMA, and begins to erect one for MDA.
after another six totally drug free days MDMA may work full effect again, because the barrier for it is down, whereas MDA may not have worked as well.
and to counter the fact that there are definately people out there who have used MDMA five days in a row, and then tried again at least a week later and noted lower effects - maybe your body only brings down the MDMA tolerance faster, if the user has MDA also.

Because any time you purchase MDMA on the black market, there is a small chance that you will actually be getting MDA instead. Many of the effects of MDA bear a striking resemblance to MDMA, and ecstasy testing kits cannot differentiate between the two drugs.
Not true... with EZ-test extreme:
If Marquis goes black/purple then you can be relatively sure that you have MDMA, MDEA (aka MDE, I think) or MDA.
If Simons goes blue, then you have either MDMA or MDEA (can not distinguish between these two, but aparantly MDEA is rare).
If Robadope goes salmon/red then you have MDA. (If both Simons and Robadope have colour change, then you have a mixture of drugs)
Yes h@ndo,the pill that i had was white,very small all round[smallest pill i have seen],the logo was tha @ symbol,as in your name.I bit i small piece just to see what it tasted like.I have never tasted anything like it.The taste was very strong and bitter,didn;t have that aniseed taste that you get with mdxx,which i found quite strange.The remainder of the pill was plugged.
Every MDxx pill I've ever had tasted as bitter as f*ck... if you've got an aniseed smell or taste, I would strongly suspect that you've got PMA - beware.
Please, buy a tester and test your pills - it's a stupid, needless risk not to.

if you've got an aniseed smell or taste, I would strongly suspect that you've got PMA - beware.
err, hang on? is this mis-information or am i totally off the planet? i thought an aniseedy smell indicated a high possibility of an MDxx substance... probably around 5-10% of all pills ive eaten have had an aniseedy smell - and ive never eaten a non MDxx pill (subject to personal judgement - every pill ive eaten has given convincing 'ecstacy-like' effects).
the green BBs of May 2001 were the first pill i came across that had a strong aniseedy smell. and im SURE that these were not PMA - these were the first pills i tested, and the first time i used my tester - black all the way.
[ 12 January 2003: Message edited by: melancholic ]

err, hang on? is this mis-information or am i totally off the planet? i thought an aniseedy smell indicated a high possibility of an MDxx substance...
I apologise most sincerely, but my information was mostly from posts to this very forum from the time when the much loved BLer Ianhard died from the PMA capsules known as "Dr Deaths" (Aug 2001).
Example: http://www.bluelight.ru/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=35&t=000729&p=2#000037
03/09/2001 Biscuit said: PMA is made generally with paramethoxy-benzaldehyde (this is the stuff that smells like licorice) or paramethoxy-allylbenzene.
OK, looks like we're both wrong (or both right :D ). Searching through for these old posts for references to PMA and Aniseed smells uncovered these little nuggets:
http://www.bluelight.ru/cgi/ultimatebb1.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=35&t=000766&p=
[Entire thread discussing aniseed smells from MDxx and PMA. Topic: "clashing comments about aniseed smell". Started by teXman01 04/09/2001]
Another link: http://www.bluelight.ru/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=35&t=002178&p=2#000042
So, in short, it looks like you should not trust smell to indicate either substance, or lack thereof. Sorry for my unintentionally misinformed post.
Repeat: Please, buy a tester and test your pills - it's a stupid, needless risk not to.