Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

BigTrancer's New Years Message

BigTrancer

Bluelight Crew
Hi everyone,
In years gone by, about this time, usually Johnboy has had a few (generally drunk and sentimental) words to say as a kind of traditional welcome to the festive season. This year, I think it's my turn, since JB is travelling the world, to get drunk and emotional and have a go. So here goes...
Usually the major message that we try to communicate at The New Bluelight, and particularly in the Drug Discussion forums is to be careful, and STAY SAFE. Regardless of what you choose to involve yourself in this New Years, and in the coming 2003, take care.
It's pretty usual for people to look to New Years as a time of change, introspection, and an opportunity to make changes in their lives... and as a time to get really, really fucked up. A time of excess. Just look down the first page of threads in Aus/Asia/NZ Drug Discussion - more than half of them are pill information requests. It's not difficult to see how keen people are you get out there and get on it for the New Year celebration. I think this is important, because people do need to let their hair down to take respite from the cares, dramas and worries in their lives.
Some people use drugs to escape, some people use them to have fun, and some people use them out of habit and not knowing what else to do. Some people do this to excess, and especially at New Years something just makes people say "what the hell?" and go that extra inch. Why not? It's the one time of year you CAN be expected, by society, to absolutely OBLITERATE yourself with alcohol and other drugs. Provided the only damage you cause is to your own brain, this excess is generally without fear of reproach.
However, it's in human nature to fuck up. Part of staying safe, and minimising harm as we try to encourage at Bluelight, is choosing to place yourself in situations where there's a large margin for error... that way if something goes wrong, you may get a chance to learn from your mistake. This is possibly one of the reasons why alcohol is viewed as such a soft drug, because the huge margin for error means that if you grossly overdose through lack of self control or just downright overindulgence, the worst that usually will happen is that you be sick, make a fool of yourself, and wake up with a splitting headache and a sore liver. With illicit drugs this is not always the case, and the desire for excess at New Years and other significant occasions can lead to difficult experiences and tragic circumstances when people take too much. A simple mistake or error in judgement can turn a fun night with friends into a disaster.
If you or your friends do fuck up, learn from it - some lessons are harder than others. There are lessons to be learnt from both good and bad experiences with drugs, and in my opinion, they can enrich your life significantly if you use them carefully.
So... share your experiences, good and bad, with the other people at Bluelight, so they may learn from you too. We're all here to share your celebrations and dilemmas, and bounce questions and ideas off.
And most importantly, have an enjoyable and safe New Year! Enjoy your excesses, and take care of your friends.
Best wishes for a safe and successful 2003,
BigTrancer :)

Safe and happy new year straight back at you BT
:)
Well said.

it's all about harm MINIMISATION. harm will be done, no doubt about that, but try to minimise is. pre and post load. rest. eat. chill the fuck out! and have a massive time. and remember, it's not a pissing contest. some ppls tolerance will be much higher than yours. don't try and keep up. just have fun, and stay within your limits. some ppls tolerance will be a lot lower. don't make fun of them, just envy them for having a cheap nite out :D . and look after your friends. otherwise, enjoy, and make it memorable for all the RIGHT reasons.

Right on BT and right back at you :)
Have a Happy and Safe new years everyone, party hard like we all do but do it safely. Don't push yourself so far your comedown ruins the memories of a great night.
*kicks back lights a spliff and remembers the 2002 that was*

Well said. Happy New Year to all!! Have a great night/day, be safe and take care of your friends. Hope 2003 is a better year for everyone :)
*so excited muscles are twitching*

EEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAHHHHH!
Couldn't have put it better myself!
8) HAPPY NEW YEEEAR! :D
Take care kiddies! :) Don't take lollies from strangers! :\

xlntly said!
hope use all have a good night, not long to go now. I can feel the xcitment building up!!

BT and Fluffy, great post guys :) Those words mean a lot and ring very true.
I hope everyone has an excellent new years and please be safe so we can see you all again in the new year :D
Take care and have a good one :) :)

Shebang!
Can't say it enough, BT you ams teh roxor!
Go out, get wasted, have fun, just make sure that you're alive at the end of it, and that you haven't made sure that you had such a bad time you'll never do it again.
Its all about the sensibility.
:)
-plaz out-

Nice one BT
icon14.gif

everyone have a fantastic new years... i know that this is a bit redundant but hey... its after new years and i am still up about to go to bed before i am going to field day but hey... everything that has been stated in this thread is great. guys have a heap of fun and remember to:
play safe!!
CB :)

BT, you've always got my back! Thanks for saying everything I would have said, and more.
(What's very wierd is that by now all of you have done NYE, and I haven't yet. I'm in LA right now, and it's 4 in the afternoon.)
So take care, all of you.

Thanks for just being around, BT. There is not really much more I can say.
Appreciated.

*claps*
nice stuff bt, great post. but grr, i *still* haven't had the chance to meet you :p
!brad

Nice one BT :) Happy New Year to you and all out there! Hope you all had a great one :)