• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Speed and Memory Retaining

SpecialK_

Bluelighter
Anyone any experience on using speed for memory retention, is it much poorer than ritalin? Can it be effective in small doses? Any trip reports are welcome! Interested in finding out more about this.

I think it could be beneficial in the short-term but would cause lost of DAT density and oxidative stress long-term. I rather use Modafinil/Memantine for that purpose.

I wanted Modafinil but my psychiatrist said that insurance would only pay for it if I have been diagnosed with sleep apnea...

In any event, I do not know wtf "DAT density and oxidative stress" is but I would prefer Adderall over Ritalin.

You are from Northern Ireland, and I know terminology is different in the UK. So, when you say speed, what do you mean?

I wanted Modafinil but my psychiatrist said that insurance would only pay for it if I have been diagnosed with sleep apnea...

In any event, I do not know wtf "DAT density and oxidative stress" is but I would prefer Adderall over Ritalin.

You are from Northern Ireland, and I know terminology is different in the UK. So, when you say speed, what do you mean?

I think by speed he means amphetamine, so "Adderall" would be one example. By that sentence I meant it's bad for your brain long-term, especially if his intent is to use it to enhance his cognition you have to take that into account.

I looked through his post and there is nothing to imply that he meant amphetamine. His use of the word "using" further implies to me that he does not mean a pharmaceutical.

Further, where I am from, Adderall is just called Adderall and "speed" is reserved for meth.

Anyways...

Sorry, for speed I mean good quality speed paste.

I have been thinking about modnafil, but speed is a much easier substance to manage financially. I was thinking modnafil could be good for getting my head into gear and ready to go. Ritalin used to make me concentrate, but I only experimented a few times, I'd have no speed tolerance either as I don't enjoy the recreational side of it much as opposed to other drugs.

I resign from this thread.

I have extensive experience with all manner of stimulants and can honestly say I do not know what speed paste is. My only thought is very fresh shake and bake......

Really? It's a form the drug speed comes in, alternative could be powder. It's street amphetamine. Maybe this is more common in the UK? It's an alternative to the powder and tends to be better quality as of late when it comes to local UK.

Ah. I have never heard of speed paste. I prefer my speed to look like broken glass.

Then Amu is probably even more right now. It might help in the short term but (insert scientific words) from being tweaked too long will have a negative effect.

Ritalin would be a better choice for the long term. "Speed" might be more effective short term, but you do not ever see doctors prescribe Desoxyn for ADD.

I can't imagine that a 'paste' form amphetamine would be pure or even relatively pure and its horrifying to hear that in quality and by extension in purity it is superior to pill form, crystalized or powdered amphetamine... Poor british, gettin dicked around with their stims...

I can't imagine that a 'paste' form amphetamine would be pure or even relatively pure and its horrifying to hear that in quality and by extension in purity it is superior to pill form, crystalized or powdered amphetamine... Poor british, gettin dicked around with their stims...

^^Yes.

The UK isn't that bad, Adderall isn't common but ritalin and good quality speed are easily obtainable. Good quality crystal amphetamine is a fair but dearer, but it is rocket fuel and not what I'd be looking for, for just retaining information.

Someone sent me the following in a PM: (not about you by the way)
"that guy is from the UK and they call amphetamine sulfate "Speed " over there and it is usually 10% pure or less which is why they almost always eat it, an ounce of 10% pure amphetamine sulfate has about 2.8 to 3 grams of actual amphetamine in it, which is less powerful than a gram of crystal meth, so the UK people call low purity amphetamine sulfate "speed" ...a 1/4 or 1/2 gram ... kinda like taking an adderall pill"

I do not know what to tell you...

Someone sent me the following in a PM: (not about you by the way)
"that guy is from the UK and they call amphetamine sulfate "Speed " over there and it is usually 10% pure or less which is why they almost always eat it, an ounce of 10% pure amphetamine sulfate has about 2.8 to 3 grams of actual amphetamine in it, which is less powerful than a gram of crystal meth, so the UK people call low purity amphetamine sulfate "speed" ...a 1/4 or 1/2 gram ... kinda like taking an adderall pill"

I do not know what to tell you...

Someone is misinforming you with poor sources! I'm not talking about the kind've speed powder were you have to bomb a gram. :| If I'm going to be taking it the quality would be somewhat decent otherwise I'd just take ritalin or adderall. I can't really talk too much about this as I'm not too big into speed, more into just taking pills/md but I think that PM is just thinking the worst.
To try and put it into perspective, to get fairly going on speed as opposed to adderall you'd take about 200-300mg, it's normally about 30-40 quid a half oz - works out much cheaper as opposed to pharmaceuticals. I would've thought more so as the US (I assume that's were your from?) tends to be more expensive with that sort've thing.

Ah. I have never heard of speed paste. I prefer my speed to look like broken glass.

Then Amu is probably even more right now. It might help in the short term but (insert scientific words) from being tweaked too long will have a negative effect.

Ritalin would be a better choice for the long term. "Speed" might be more effective short term, but you do not ever see doctors prescribe Desoxyn for ADD.

Ok, then this ^^

30 UK pounds is equal to $48.76 US dollars at the moment. Good shit around here, you would probably get a half GRAM. So...

bona fides here: diagnosed ADHD Inattentive Type, scripted Adderall, Modafinil; former long-term crystal meth user.

Therapeutically, Modafinil seemed to have the best effect in terms of increasing both my focus and cognition.

Adderall helped me work for hours and hours on a task, but definitely caused my memory to get a little shaky. Harder to move stuff into intermediate memory on Adderall, so journal keeping was a must. But, able to work and work and work on Adds.

Meth combined obsessive focus with compulsive distractability, and almost certain brain damage. The period that I was on meth I look back on and feel as though I can tell my overall cognition decreased. Learning new things became harder, even though i was more driven than ever to obsess about any random topic.

All this said: I think the nootropics are the better class of drug, whereas stimulants mimic some of the effects of nootropics they feel neurotoxic. Modafinil is the closest to a nootropic drug amongst all these.

Have never taken piracetam, but have heard much praised heaped on this drug for increasing cognition and retention.

I'd go down that route.

This psychiatrist told me Ritalin had caused head and stomach negative symptoms in previous clients.. of course people say just about anything nowadays just to make more money. Not sure if that helps with any of your peeps posts....
Personally speed seems to have improved my thought perception and memory. Sometimes short term memory is a bit screwed, but that's during the comedown

Well I was prescribed Adderall from age 5 to age 16 when I stopped taking it in rebellion against authoritarian figures. I was an above average student consistently in the 95th percentile or above in everything and I was praised by teachers as possessing an incredible capacity to remember everything. It doesn't looking back now appear to have negatively affected my memory capacity, nor did I feel my ability to retain information was inhibited in anyway. This was a prescribed dosage of 40mg Adderall.

i took adderall to london and everyone who i shared it with loved it. but onto the topic discussed, it was good short term for me, yet after some longterm usage i found it to no longer be enjoyable or effective. for background purposes all this was with a diagnosis of mild-moderate ADHD (since they no longer distinguish between ADD and ADHD and impulsivity somehow earns you the h according to the psychologist who tested me. unless she was bullshitting.)